Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She has the greatest superpower of all: the Batbrand
    Damn. Hard to compete with that.

Mighty Member

While I could care less about Cheetah feeling a hit yet not being hurt in the same medium where Batman can throw Superman (I mean theoretically Superman should still weigh about the same as an adult male…but that’s beside the point), I will agree that having the Bat brand in your corner is the most powerful superpower of all. Be lucky that it wasn’t Harley…(added bonus points for her being more moral than Superman and Wonder Woman)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 02-05-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Speed wise, that can vary from interpretation to interpretation for all I care. If she's going up against The Flash then yeah, have her be super duper fast but you arent going to get that in stories where the other person doesnt have superspeed. But she got a good showing for the most part in this. She has super strength, Catwomans kick didnt do anything to her, and she probably could've taken her out sooner if she really wanted to.

Oh god, this almost makes even Cheetah's Wonder Woman 1984 end-fight look dynamic and amazing, and that fight absolutely sucked. Cheetah should never be in such stories, she literally looks like a D-list Spider-Man villain without any super-speed in these scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    To this day JL Doom is the best portrayal of Barbara in animation. Which is kinda sad.
    It's crazy how the less-powerful Priscilla Rich has the best animated Cheetah showing from B:TBATB where she wrecks Superman with Kryptonite-laced nail polish.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Did they ever say why they wanted to use Cheetah in a movie that doesn’t have anything to do with WW?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Did they ever say why they wanted to use Cheetah in a movie that doesnÂ’t have anything to do with WW?
    Seeing how Cheshire was in the movie too, I’d say it’s less about Wonder Woman, more about “cats”.

For those who’ve seen the movie, other than her not being “strong enough” what did you think of Barbara Minerva’s characterization? If all we want is a strong brute do we have an equivalent of Doomsday?

And poor Catman got left out of the feline-themed movie. (Also Bronze Tiger)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Oh god, this almost makes even Cheetah's Wonder Woman 1984 end-fight look dynamic and amazing, and that fight absolutely sucked. Cheetah should never be in such stories, she literally looks like a D-list Spider-Man villain without any super-speed in these scenes.
    Indeed. Poor Cheetah has to deal with DC treating her like trash.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I forgot that catwoman beat her in super hero girls too. So that is 4 times. 2 in the comics, 1 in a tv show and one in a movie. And some people here throught that the new editor would help WW lore to be treated better. Sigh

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's crazy how the less-powerful Priscilla Rich has the best animated Cheetah showing from B:TBATB where she wrecks Superman with Kryptonite-laced nail polish.
    She also has the best showing in a Justice League comic.

For being the goofy Golden Age version in a costume, Priscilla has a far better track record than Barbara

Do you mean Alex Ross's Justice?

Priscilla has fewer appearances but they are usually good showings. On B:TB&TB, didn't she say she was boosted by the amulet of Urzkartaga hence her showing up Supes?

I think it all tracks back to her appearance on JL where she was just a scientist who experimented on felines and became a cat lady. Writers seem to stick with that as a default for some reason. Even though there were stuff like the 2009 WW movie and JL: Doom that showed she could be vicious threat.

I've pointed out before that Cheetah would be served better if she were an anime or manga character since those tend to depict werebeasts as much more powerful than what we see in the Big 2.

If they only wanted a "catfight," why not use someone like Yolanda Montez (Wildcat) or Pantha or Tigress or Marylin Bronson or any other female cat-themed DC character? Or male! Catman? Bronze Tiger? Or why not use Debbie Domaine? I would not mind DC animation resurrecting Debbie and turning her into a badass crime boss who tangles with Catwoman. But the superpowered version of Cheetah (Minerva)? Yikes. Talk about tone deaf. Selina fighting any of those characters without getting killed two seconds into the fight would have been a million times more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    If they only wanted a "catfight," why not use someone like Yolanda Montez (Wildcat) or Pantha or Tigress or Marylin Bronson or any other female cat-themed DC character? Or male! Catman? Bronze Tiger? Or why not use Debbie Domaine? I would not mind DC animation resurrecting Debbie and turning her into a badass crime boss who tangles with Catwoman. But the superpowered version of Cheetah (Minerva)? Yikes. Talk about tone deaf. Selina fighting any of those characters without getting killed two seconds into the fight would have been a million times more plausible.
    Cheetah's a bigger name and villain than all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've pointed out before that Cheetah would be served better if she were an anime or manga character since those tend to depict werebeasts as much more powerful than what we see in the Big 2.
    I mean, this was basically a DC story in anime form, even if it was written by an American writer...