Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Dick, you're 81.
    But he's got the zingers of a 60 year-old. Age is a state of mind, Gaius!
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Now we just need a new Wonder Woman animated movie. Hopefully they will announce her soon. So far Green Latnern is next.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Now we just need a new Wonder Woman animated movie. Hopefully they will announce her soon. So far Green Latnern is next.
    She /kind of/ got one with Justice Society. That's decidedly her movie with the rest along for the ride, but I agree I want her to get one that's uniquely her own and on the Earth with the others.

Both Superman and Batman got their shots, though both were adaptions (one loose, the other far more deliberate) and Diana sharing a movie with the JSA at least gave her a unique plot... Though I could do without Herr Aquaman.

I want another solo Wonder Woman movie, and if it must be an origin, they get none of my money unless she's a clayby.
    May we never forget:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She /kind of/ got one with Justice Society. That's decidedly her movie with the rest along for the ride, but I agree I want her to get one that's uniquely her own and on the Earth with the others.

Both Superman and Batman got their shots, though both were adaptions (one loose, the other far more deliberate) and Diana sharing a movie with the JSA at least gave her a unique plot... Though I could do without Herr Aquaman.

I want another solo Wonder Woman movie, and if it must be an origin, they get none of my money unless she's a clay baby.
    Justice Society : World War II wasn't well received due to the plot ( especially what happened with Aquaman). So I hope that Wonder Woman gets her own movie as well and another movie with a better adaptation of the Justice Society.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I want another solo Wonder Woman movie, and if it must be an origin, they get none of my money unless she's a clayby.
    I dont count titles like that towards movies that belong to one hero. If it isnt titled Wonder Woman, it is just another team up. It's likely why we wont a WW animated show anytime soon since they likely see SHG as WWs show

At DC it's; Batman + Superman then everybody else.

Even then you have characters like Constantine getting animated shorts. Like, we can't even get a solo WW short?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Even then you have characters like Constantine getting animated shorts. Like, we can't even get a solo WW short?
    I’m convinced when WB executives see “Wonder Woman Solo Project” in the title, they get so confused by such a prospect they revert to a state of pre-history. A time before humanity mastered fire, and bang two rocks together in their office to procrastinate the day. They commence in conversation consisting of single syllable grunts and walk to-and-fro on their bare knuckles before finally returning home to a life they understand.

And that’s why we have almost nothing in the “Wonder Woman Solo Project” department.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-18-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

They did do shorts for Batman and Superman's anniversaries, so it would only be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They did do shorts for Batman and Superman's anniversaries, so it would only be fair.
    Like how an WW animated show would only be fair after the million Batman and Superman animated ventures, right?

Like how an WW animated show would only be fair after the million Batman and Superman animated ventures, right?
    Well, comparing Superman to Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I’m convinced when WB executives see “Wonder Woman Solo Project” in the title, they get so confused by such a prospect they revert to a state of pre-history. A time before humanity mastered fire, and bang two rocks together in their office to procrastinate the day. They commence in conversation consisting of single syllable grunts and walk to-and-fro on their bare knuckles before finally returning home to a life they understand.

And that’s why we have almost nothing in the “Wonder Woman Solo Project” department.
    I see the opposite.

I see people so preoccupied with numbers and statistics but no actual understanding of story telling or the characters that they own that they aren't willing to take *any* creative risk unless there is a guaranteed return on their investment. And who guarantees a return on investment? Superman and Batman. It took shoving in Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquman and Superman for us to even to get a JSA movie.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Now I'm just picturing a boardroom full of executives shambling out in confusion, unable to communicate like some Tower of Babel parody after having witnessed the forbidden words: "Wonder Woman solo project"

That's some Robot Chicken stuff ...

Seth Green, is that you?

May we never forget:

Now I'm just picturing a boardroom full of executives shambling out in confusion, unable to communicate like some Tower of Babel parody after having witnessed the forbidden words: "Wonder Woman solo project"

That's some Robot Chicken stuff ...

Seth Green, is that you?

I’ll answer that by asking, have you ever seen Seth Green and a fish in the same room together?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-18-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The thing with that it was on another earth. So maybe we get to see the main Wonder Woman. Since all the heroes are doing a year one movie. It could be that she isn't here yet. We are getting another Green Lantern movie. But no Wonder Woman.

Marvel’s is making a serious push in animation now. Loads of shows coming, DC should take note and start making animated shows for WW and Flash in addition to the Batman and Superman shows coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/