Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1909
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I certainly feel you and I certainly share many of your concerns about what DC continuously does to Diana, but come on...we have no clue as to what happens in her segment. She doesn't have to be shown juggling planets in every single trailer, appearance, guest gig or cameo to be perceived as powerful.
    Trust me, I will be the first one to complain if I see the film and she is turned into a street-leveler, but we have to watch the film first...
    The trackrecord with WW is pretty bad from DC and WB's part. The things shpwn in the trailer are literally street level. And based on the trackrecord from DC and WB, i have no reason to exzpect much. I will believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Her live acxtion movie has her put some effort in lifting a 29 tons tank. Even the likes of MCU Spiderman has better feats of strength than that. So my point stands still, she does not have any feats that show her as really powerful. If the live action is the standard now. Then the bar has hit an all time low. But WW being nerfed a lot has been a thing for years npw. So i wouldn't be saurprised.
    Admittedly that was like the first chance she has to demonstrate her power but overall she came off as the most powerful person in that sequence in my opinion.
    That is street level stuff.
    Well, yeah, she's fighting crime. Pretty much every Superhero does it. The point is it's below her weight class and that's why it looks cool .

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    This is true.

In fact, I've never really seen that many tremendous feats of strength displayed by Wonder Woman in an animated setting. She always seems to struggle to do things Superman, Orion, or Martian Manhunter are shown doing without much effort. To me, she seems to be depicted on the strength level of a Wolverine or a Spider-Man.

One could very cynically say that Bruce Timm made this scene to say, "See, WW can totally take Superman, but Batman can still beat her."

Last edited by DochaDocha; 06-08-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly that was like the first chance she has to demonstrate her power but overall she came off as the most powerful person in that sequence in my opinion.

Well, yeah, she's fighting crime. Pretty much every Superhero does it. The point is it's below her weight class and that's why it looks cool .
    No her first chance was when she rammed into & flipped the armored vehicle in the village. I don't see why the shooter couldn't shoot before the lasso got him in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

She was the only one with powers in that whole sequence, and the best she did was have a face that shows struggle lifting 30 tons.

It's not below her class if she actually has to put real effort to beat normal people. And peak human levels should not be a threat to her at all.

Spectacular Member

Her live acxtion movie has her put some effort in lifting a 29 tons tank. Even the likes of MCU Spiderman has better feats of strength than that. So my point stands still, she does not have any feats that show her as really powerful. If the live action is the standard now. Then the bar has hit an all time low. But WW being nerfed a lot has been a thing for years npw. So i wouldn't be saurprised.
    It seemed like she flipped pushed the military truck from beneath in 1984 she grabbed a pipe broke it. So idk patty camera was tricky I kept re looking at the scene idk. She did push another truck on that highway for a long distance. those 2 strength feats are her biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    It seemed like she flipped pushed the military truck from beneath in 1984 she grabbed a pipe broke it. So idk patty camera was tricky I kept re looking at the scene idk. She did push another truck on that highway for a long distance. those 2 strength feats are her biggest ones.
    And they are pretty low. There is no way that can bee seen as powerful. Not by the standdard that WW is supposed to have. This debate is endless, because some people on this forum don't seem to agree that WW has been nerfed for years now. In the comics is where this nerfed thing started. How come other people can't see this? How is this not obvious for everybody? Or do some people here really thing that lifting 30 tons, or fighting normal people with guns is the standard of WW's power?

I'm curious if they're going to mention if there's an Earth-1 Steve around and how much of her backstory we'll get here since this is her movie debut outside Earth-2 Diana.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I gotta say the intense negativity kinda gives me the impressive that even if WW were to get a show, it would still get hate because the expectations have reached a totally unrealistic point

Like I'm not even that interested in Warworld but I find the derision for Diana just because she's in a Western kinda excessive
    Either Wonder Woman fans must be crazy hopeful people, or the expectations for anything regarding an animated Wonder Woman should be so low that WB better stops with animations altogether if even that counts as unrealistic, and looking at what apparently counts as a powerful portrayal for Wonder Woman i am inclined to believe the latter is true:

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The only truly good thing i can say about that especially in comparison lame Western scenario is that i at least don't see Aquaman anywhere, so at least Cowboy Steve Trevor will probably not save Diana with the power of even just 1 horse this time.

Spectacular Member

And they are pretty low. There is no way that can bee seen as powerful. Not by the standdard that WW is supposed to have. This debate is endless, because some people on this forum don't seem to agree that WW has been nerfed for years now. In the comics is where this nerfed thing started. How come other people can't see this? How is this not obvious for everybody? Or do some people here really thing that lifting 30 tons, or fighting normal people with guns is the standard of WW's power?
    Most comic characters are extremely nerfed in film it was never just diana.Thor hulk are strong but never show it. I think Thor tossed a mini car in age of ultron thats his only feat. They usually lift toss a small vehicle in films. I've always asked why & ppl tel me its because comic feats are way too vfx cgi expensive for movies. Juggernaut colossus the thing all have like zero feats. So unless its holding a piece of a broken structure equipment or toss a small vehicle in battles, thats it for superhero strength feats in movies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

One could very cynically say that Bruce Timm made this scene to say, "See, WW can totally take Superman, but Batman can still beat her."

I never saw this film. And I suppose it was okay to show her as that powerful since Superman was an evil Nazi. But in the main continuity of these films, I've never seen Diana portrayed as that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I not only LOVE this Wonder Woman look, but her power level as well!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Most comic characters are extremely nerfed in film it was never just diana.Thor hulk are strong but never show it. I think Thor tossed a mini car in age of ultron thats his only feat. They usually lift toss a small vehicle in films. I've always asked why & ppl tel me its because comic feats are way too vfx cgi expensive for movies. Juggernaut colossus the thing all have like zero feats. So unless its holding a piece of a broken structure equipment or toss a small vehicle in battles, thats it for superhero strength feats in movies.
    Superman, Zod, Faora, Hulk, Thor, Carol Captain Marvel, Janet thor etc all have far better strength and durability feats than cinematic WW, and some of them also have far better speed feats too. So there is no excuse here, Diana is the only one that is truly super nerfed even for movie standards..

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    I never saw this film. And I suppose it was okay to show her as that powerful since Superman was an evil Nazi. But in the main continuity of these films, I've never seen Diana portrayed as that powerful.
    Evil commie actually
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Evil commie actually
    Oh. My bad.