Page 109 of 127 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she's going to fight Superman.

If she's going to be fighting anybody, it's this guy:

And the c-lister will lose quickly right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I would imagine it would demonstrate Wonder Woman's Amazon training, so yeah.

Rachel Kimsey is voicing this character so I imagine she and Diana will team-up:

I'm sure she'll get at least one win before Mongul beats her to bloody pulp. Maybe. It's DC, so...50/50

I'm guessing they'll "play it safe" and just do ensemble anime/video game style fights where every hero has its own "boss" and their story ends there.

I think I said before that each of the Trinity is apparently getting their own storyline in the movie.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Honestly this is all kind of a lot of doom-saying

Chances are the movie will prolly just be an okay romp

Is that movie going to be "WarWORLD" or "WarLORD"?? I am confused, and I don't remember the Warlord comic well enough. I know that he lived in Skartaris. Was that world also called Warworld?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is that movie going to be "WarWORLD" or "WarLORD"?? I am confused, and I don't remember the Warlord comic well enough. I know that he lived in Skartaris. Was that world also called Warworld?
    The movie is called WarWorld. The name Warlord is just the name of an unrelated character.

I don't think Warlord has have any connection with the Warworld that Mongul rules over.

Checking....... okay I get it Skartaris is a Hollow Earth type deal so its the world within the world, not its own planet. Its not called warworld either.

Incredible Member

This WW look seems like a rough draft of an artist just playing around. I don't hate it, but the belt, the bracelets, and the knee guards are unnecessarily busy. Also, I can't tell if that is a really short, unnecessarily-angled skirt or if they're hot pants with an unnecessary nock on the sides - they somehow look bulky and skimpy at the same time. And every time I see her shorts/skirt with just two stars, I think about Alex Ross jokingly accusing John Byrne of being lazy for only drawing two stars, because adding all the stars in Kingdom Come was time-consuming. I like the almost-eagle, though!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Growing up, I loved the Warlord comic, and Mariah and Machiste were two of my favorite supporting characters. However, even as a kid, I understood Mariah's costume to be an impossibility that would never work in real life. But I still love it!

I'm wondering...were Mariah and Machiste the first interracial couple in comics? The Warlord came out in 1975. Wikipedia tells me that Misty Knight and Iron Fist shared the first interracial kiss in comics in 1977, and I can't remember if Mariah and Machiste ever kissed. I clearly remember knowing they were a couple when I was a kid, but I don't remember if they were physically affectionate.
    Last edited by Frank; 05-11-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    This WW look seems like a rough draft of an artist just playing around. I don't hate it, but the belt, the bracelets, and the knee guards are unnecessarily busy. Also, I can't tell if that is a really short, unnecessarily-angled skirt or if they're hot pants with an unnecessary nock on the sides - they somehow look bulky and skimpy at the same time. And every time I see her shorts/skirt with just two stars, I think about Alex Ross jokingly accusing John Byrne of being lazy for only drawing two stars, because adding all the stars in Kingdom Come was time-consuming. I like the almost-eagle, though!
    I'm pretty sure they're shorts. You can kind of see them hug her legs tighter and the crease on the side.

Hey it seems Deimos is going to be in Warworld. So what do you hope he looks like ?

Fairly certain there's a character called "Deimos" whose related to the Warlord, so it's probably not Ares' son.

Fantastic Member

Fairly certain there's a character called "Deimos" whose related to the Warlord, so it's probably not Ares' son.
    Yeah and he played a role in the Trinity story which took place in Skartaris so with this being a Trinity movie by the looks of it he would probably be the Deimos in question. He also played a big role in Convergence which has the multiple worlds and fighting and that seems like something this movie will have with Jonah Hex, future Barry (maybe) and Skartaris.

Just coming here to say: I'll believe anything James Gunn or Warner Bros promise once whe have a trailer. Not before.