Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Maybe she was busy? She is on the new He-Man show after all.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Susan Eisenberg rarely gets called on to voice WW nowadays. Being a VA isnt the same as being a live action actor, their schedules are a lot easier to work around. If they wanted her to voice WW in Space Jam, she would've.

I'm not going to lie, I like Eisenberg as Diana's VA and she is who I hear more often than not when reading WW comics but I've gotten kind of sick of always going back to the DCAU voice actors for the characters. Granted this is more of a problem I have with Conroy and Hamill but I'm not opposed to new VAs.

Though does suck Eisenberg's mainly voiced Wonder Woman incarnations who only exist to simp for Batman and Superman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-23-2021 at 08:14 AM.

It just sucks that she is rarely brought back unless majority of the OG DCAU cast are voicing characters as well.

I grow tired of more high profile actors taking the jobs of VAs. If BTAS were made today, there's no way we would've gotten Kevin Conroy as Batman.

I have no issues with Eisenberg, but whenever I hear her Diana I think of the crappy DCAU and Injustice versions of the character, so I look forward to performances from different VAs.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 07-23-2021 at 08:59 AM.

She has the perfect voice for WW. She just needs a better story. Like 'Eye of the Gorgon' or 'League of One'.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She has the perfect voice for WW. She just needs a better story. Like 'Eye of the Gorgon' or 'League of One'.
    Wouldn’t mind hearing her voice a Diana that is the star of her own story, because yeah I do think she has a great voice, it’s just like Docha says, she’s tied up in terrible adaptions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm surprised they haven't brought her in to voice Hippolyta at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It just sucks that she is rarely brought back unless majority of the OG DCAU cast are voicing characters as well.

I grow tired of more high profile actors taking the jobs of VAs. If BTAS were made today, there's no way we would've gotten Kevin Conroy as Batman.
    I mean, I get the gist of what your saying but what's the cutoff for "high profile"? Hamil's still probably more well-known for Star Wars than his Joker work so was he taking away the job traditional VAs back in the 90s? Was Daly when he got cast Supes in STAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't brought her in to voice Hippolyta at least once.
    I think in the '09 film they tried to get Carter for either Hippolyta or Hera.

Mark is an odd case because he has Star Wars fame but that didn't translate into an A-list career like it did for Harrison Ford. He did become a very successful voice over actor though.

Plus voice acting is not as easy as people think, a lot of less talented people can get away based on their looks and body language but put them behind a microphone and tell them to just act using their voice will cause them to sweat.

But voice acting itself can be an exclusive club sometimes. You'd be hard pressed to find an adaptation without at least one of these voices: Tara Strong, Grey DeLisle, Tom Kenny, Phil Lamarr, Laura Bailey, Dee Bradley Baker, Diedrich Bader, Lauren Tom, Clancy Brown, Kari Wahlgren, Jennifer Hale, Kevin Michael Richardson and probably many others I'm forgetting. JK Simmons is slowly getting up there with all the high profile animated roles he has been taking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, I get the gist of what your saying but what's the cutoff for "high profile"? Hamil's still probably more well-known for Star Wars than his Joker work so was he taking away the job traditional VAs back in the 90s? Was Daly when he got cast Supes in STAS?

I think in the '09 film they tried to get Carter for either Hippolyta or Hera.
    Mark had 3 hits back in the 80s and didnt do anything real high profile since then and along came BATS. Tim is a bit more in line with what we have today but it still wasnt the norm to be taking high profile actors for these gigs. But nowadays it is majority popular actors who are getting hired.

Its not as recent phenomenon as you make it out to be. Robin Williams was in Aladdin. Liam Neeson, Michael Keaton and Lauren Bacall has done dubbing for Miyazaki movies. TV Tropes has Ink Suit Actors listed as a trope: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...n/InkSuitActor .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Its not as recent phenomenon as you make it out to be. Robin Williams was in Aladdin. Liam Neeson, Michael Keaton and Lauren Bacall has done dubbing for Miyazaki movies. TV Tropes has Ink Suit Actors listed as a trope: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...n/InkSuitActor .
    I never said that big named actors NEVER took on roles back in the day. As I said the likelihood of a "d-list" actor like Kevin Conroy was getting to voice Batman nowadays is pretty slim to none. We'll see how it goes with the new Superman and Batman animated series.

I wish they would stop bringing in "star" actors and actresses for their animated movies. Some of them aren't that good (as said above, voice acting isn't as easy as some might assume), and often I find them more distracting than anything.

Like I like Rosario Dawson as an actress. But she wasn't very good as Wonder Woman. Her lines always sounded forced to me. And I would never think while watching, "There's Wonder Woman." I would just think, "That's Rosario Dawson."

Also, I have to say the actual animation for the last several movies hasn't been that great. Good, quality animation isn't cheap, and maybe they'd have more money in the budget for it if it wasn't being spent on "big names" for the voice cast?

I honestly think a Wonder Woman or Superman or Justice League DTV movie with gorgeous, eye-popping animation will draw more attention (and sales) than any "all star cast" of voice actors.

Give me a Wonder Woman DTV movie with an affordable cast of unknown voice actors and animation close to this:

I'll take that over what we've been getting any day.

EDIT:
    Hell, I'd take the way she was animated in the new Space Jam. Her hair alone was magnificent.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 07-24-2021 at 02:58 PM.