Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Barbara Minerva in Catwoman: Hunted

They really turned her into a discount vampire countess.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Lol, it's a costume party.

I guess she didn't feel like dressing in a cheetah onesie this year.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    She looks nothing like Barbara and everything like Talia dunno why they didn’t just go with Talia there
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She looks nothing like Barbara and everything like Talia dunno why they didn’t just go with Talia there
    I guess because Talia leading Leviathan wouldn't work in the context of this movie's quasi-YJ continuity (and the cat-theme).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess because Talia leading Leviathan wouldn't work in the context of this movie's quasi-YJ continuity (and the cat-theme).
    The cat-theme seems to be the only reason, cause Barbara has no business being a crime lord. It would've made more sense if they remained Leviathan as a group of supernatural treasure hunters or something.

Vordan is right, this looks more like Talia than Barbara. Wish they would hire more people familiar with WW comics and characters to do this stuff.

Whats sad is that the Barbara being an archaeologist and Catwoman being a thief means they could have come into conflict in a more natural way. Imagine Selina stealing something from Barbara only to spend the whole movie surviving by the skin of her teeth against Barbara's wrath.

Which look do you prefer:

Second one probably. Though I'd alter the skirt and ditch the arm sleeves.

I've become a fan of the arm sleeves over time

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Which look do you prefer:

The 2nd. But they should be ashamed for giving her that chestplate. Nothing about it says WW and it should never be this skinny little thing on her costume. And remove the stars from the hands. It's an upgrade from her new52 DTV suit at least.

Though S1/2 design was very weakly animated.

I feel like people are too dismissive of the older version because it's a "swimsuit" despite having a more streamlined, cleaner, look and better colors and hair.

I feel like people are too dismissive of the older version because it's a "swimsuit" despite having a more streamlined, cleaner, look and better colors and hair.
    Diana’s “classic” look isn’t as beloved as her DCEU look. Been interesting to see how quickly and widely that look was embraced and spread everywhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

When drawn well I enjoy the classic look. Of course Ive always felt she deserved the "snyder" version foreverso whenever she was drawn with a battle skirt I always vastly preferred it. But they all are pretty streamlined imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Diana’s “classic” look isn’t as beloved as her DCEU look. Been interesting to see how quickly and widely that look was embraced and spread everywhere.
    I think where the world is currently at is why people love the DCEU look so much. It probably would've caught on forever ago if DC had allowed WW to be redesigned with it like writers wanted in the past. Gail tried to put her in an altered costume and DC shut it down. She was only allowed her E2 look because it was E2.

JL:Trapped in time predated the DCEU by 2 years and DC was stupid to just overlook it
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-23-2022 at 03:21 PM.

I don't mind the "swimsuit" look when I'm reading older WW stuff but more recent depictions of it in stuff like the Earth One books in comparison to the current look kind of highlighted more how dated it had become.

It was either gonna be a skirted-hoplite book or something like her Injustice look the Neanderthals at NRS cooked up, so bullet dodged.

It's funny that there used to be arguments about whether Diana's swimsuit look was exploitative, and ultimately, the modern plated skirt doesn’t cover much more skin. All it did was mostlu removed the issues with how her butt was promoted.

Carol Strickland was the one that convinced me that ultimately the most important thing about Diana's design is the theme of athleticism

"My mother was in high school when Wonder Woman first hit the stands. In gym, she wore a culotte as a part of her gym uniform. It’s what any modern, active girl wore. Thus by wearing these, Wonder Woman of the ancient Amazons was on the cutting edge of practical fashion and proclaiming that she was an athlete."

I wish they would bring back the loose culottes that had the flowiness of a skirt without the danger of being lifted up.

Last edited by Alpha; 01-23-2022 at 04:17 PM.