Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think is just business as usual when it comes to how DC/WB handles the Trinity. We were getting multiple takes on Superman and Batman long before the DCEU. Superman TAS and Lois & Clark aired around the same time. We had Brave and the Bold and several Batman animated movies during the Nolan Trilogy era. Before that, there the Burton/Schumacher movies that were made during Batman:TAS.

Maybe I'm not the best judge of animation but what's wrong with the second image?
    Not much, just a stronger design/animation.

I actually saw someone on Tumblr editing Donna Troy's appearances from YJ because they didn't like her design in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I actually saw someone on Tumblr editing Donna Troy's appearances from YJ because they didn't like her design in the show.
    Well, she's kind of got a generic Amazons look going on costume-wise but I don't know if that's supposed to be what she's always worn short of us getting a flashback to her time on the Team (maybe if we get flashbacks to when Jason was Robin).

Diana in DC League of Super-Pets

8g1rm77dhj181.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Diana in DC League of Super-Pets

8g1rm77dhj181.jpg
    Back to the leotard look!

I feel like I've seen a similar design in fan works.

I profoundly dislike that WW costume.

Is Bats’ cape brown?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I profoundly dislike that WW costume.
    Yeah, I’m not digging it either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe on this subforum (but even then I’d disagree, I see Rucka and Jimenez get way more love) but to the general public Marston doesn’t even exist. Most people have never read WW’s Golden Age stuff.

Our problem is that we do have a definitive Superman take, it’s just not one all of us think is perfect anymore: Chris Reeve’s take on Superman. Like it or not that’s Superman as far as the general public is concerned. I’m still fond of it, I just don’t think it’s perfect and it obviously can’t cover how Superman has evolved since the 70s. Much as *I* may have many complaints about him, DCAU Superman is the closest thing Superman has to a popular all encompassing take on Superman since Reeve. It’s why I’m excited for MAWS since hopefully that and S&L can change perception of the character (and also continue to move him away from where the DCEU wanted to take him).

WW has Gadot at least but before that movie, the definitive WW was DCAU WW. It’s why Snyder just tried to recreate her for his films.

Arkham games, those are the gold standard now. Dunno how old everyone is but as a Gen Z guy, video games are either on par or just beneath movies in terms of how they shape perception for the younger generation. Ever wonder why Harley Quinn exploded in popularity in the 2010s? Arkham games are why. If Diana got a video game that was good it would do more for her than a 100 issue run as sad as that is (which is why I’m frustrated they haven’t tried to do anything outside of Batman on the video games side).
    I find people get somewhat pedantic when discussing this kind of thing. As if having detractors on any level somehow keeps you from being considered the greatest or definitive. There are a lot of people who will tell you that The Beatles are overrated or just weren't good, but that doesn't prevent them from having "GOAT" status.

Like you said, Christopher Reeve is widely considered the definitive Superman, and there hasn't been a serious threat to Reeve keeping that position.

I'd say that pre Gadot, Lynda Carter was the definitive Wonder Woman.

I also would say that both Nolan Batman and BTAS Batman have just as, if not a stronger claim to being the definitive Batman than Arkham Games Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Is Bats’ cape brown?
    It looks black with gold accents to me.

Incredible Member

I never notice this before. They actually give the queen blonde eyebrows.

https://youtu.be/6UfZn6gviAo

It always drove me nuts. They never made supergirl eyebrows blonde here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8-...zun32pw03c010c

https://youtu.be/CCVPEhnU4Uo

The queen eyebrows are brown here with blonde hair.

https://youtu.be/bDGfv4f-Zjk
    Last edited by gwhh; 12-05-2021 at 08:17 AM.

I wonder if this means we will see more JSA wonder Woman

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-dc-crisis-...rths-animated/

Speaking of DCAU Hippolyta, I thought her voice and general personality were on point even if her personal history wasn't.

Blonde Hippolyta seems to be DC's shorthand for whenever they want WW to have a father.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Speaking of DCAU Hippolyta, I thought her voice and general personality were on point even if her personal history wasn't.

Blonde Hippolyta seems to be DC's shorthand for whenever they want WW to have a father.
    Never thought about it, but you're right. Now I know when to intellectually check out of a Wonder Woman story.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

So far DC Superhero girl we don't see that.

With regard to animation only? Interesting observation. Was she in The Brave and the Bold?