Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,887 of 1887
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

After watching Xmen 97...i YEARN even more for a WW animated series or great JL series that treats WW as good as what we got with Rogue and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    After watching Xmen 97...i YEARN even more for a WW animated series or great JL series that treats WW as good as what we got with Rogue and Storm.
    It kinda made me wish for a Wolfman/Perez-inspired Titans show. JL just doesn't have that soap opera vibe.

I haven't had a chance to watch, but my initial impression was that if you were actually a fan of the 90s Fox Kids show, you might not like how

spoilers:
    Apparently, Rogue x Magneto is a thing, which was never hinted at in the original
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It kinda made me wish for a Wolfman/Perez-inspired Titans show. JL just doesn't have that soap opera vibe.
    The animated series sure tried with GL/Shayera/Katma/Hro/Carter/Vixen...

I wish MAWS had as much great action as that show.

Cool people are still keeping hope alive but given DC animation over the past few years and what it's looking like for the future, I've given up on anything good for WW in animation from DC. And no, those Gunn tweets aren't evidence of anything.

Just gonna be the same ol' routine of "WW appears in a Superman/Batman/JL show, gets a fight scene everyone creams themselves over, 70/30 chance she's written horribly" and "D-lister gets a show before WW and then DC fans complain WW fans are selfish for wanting a WW solo show".

Maybe when WW enters the public domain, some non-WB will get brave enough to try something.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-22-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cool people are still keeping hope alive but given DC animation over the past few years and what it's looking like for the future, I've given up on anything good for WW in animation from DC. And no, those Gunn tweets are evidence of anything.

Just gonna be the same ol' routine of "WW appears in a Superman/Batman/JL show, gets a fight scene everyone creams themselves over, 70/30 chance she's written horribly" and "D-lister gets a show before WW and then DC fans complain WW fans are selfish for wanting a WW solo show".

Maybe when WW enters the public domain, some non-WB will get brave enough to try something.
    For what it's worth I think MAWS would do a good Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For what it's worth I think MAWS would do a good Wonder Woman.
    The same show produced by ''Diana just ain't human enough/Daddy Zeus drama" Josie Campbell.

Would Tom Taylor and Mark Waid also contribute to writing her appearance?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The same show produced by ''Diana just ain't human enough/Daddy Zeus drama" Josie Campbell.

Would Tom Taylor and Mark Waid also contribute to writing her appearance?
    In fairness tv shows are a collaborative project, there's several writers onboard all working together. Its not like its just Campbell alone handling everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In fairness tv shows are a collaborative project, there's several writers onboard all working together. Its not like its just Campbell alone handling everything.
    True but so was the DCAU and Timm's apathy towards WW outside of "we need WW to be on the JL" bled through into how she was depicted on that show. So one person can definitely set the table for how something's done, even in a collaborative project.

I mean, I think Campbell is doing a solid enough job with the Amazons over in Amazons Attack at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think Campbell is doing a solid enough job with the Amazons over in Amazons Attack at least.
    I mean, yeah and Thompson said she was a big WW fan and then had her and the Amazons treated like chumps by Murder Quinn and a Wildstorm Glup Shitto.

Since Disney fired Beau DeMayo maybe DC can snatch him for a WW series