Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

I have nothing against the battle skirt, I love it, although I think people get a little too self-conscious about the leotard...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which look do you prefer:

First one has the better costume, second one has the better hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    First one has the better costume, second one has the better hairstyle.
    I think Diana looks better with loose hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's funny that there used to be arguments about whether Diana's swimsuit look was exploitative, and ultimately, the modern plated skirt doesn’t cover much more skin. All it did was mostlu removed the issues with how her butt was promoted.

Carol Strickland was the one that convinced me that ultimately the most important thing about Diana's design is the theme of athleticism

"My mother was in high school when Wonder Woman first hit the stands. In gym, she wore a culotte as a part of her gym uniform. It’s what any modern, active girl wore. Thus by wearing these, Wonder Woman of the ancient Amazons was on the cutting edge of practical fashion and proclaiming that she was an athlete."

I wish they would bring back the loose culottes that had the flowiness of a skirt without the danger of being lifted up.

I guess the funny thing is that the sporty look for women today can be argued as exploitative. But, I find the running world to be interesting because there's no requirement for athletes to wear the bikini-style outfits, but some women swear that it's more comfortable or better for performance. Maybe WW's old costume really isn't that dated, rather people just want her to look more like an ancient warrior.

And I think it's kind of funny that WW's animated design probably peaked in the 1980s.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Finished Catwoman: Hunted, Cheetah definitely gets to go all Cheetah in this but I can tell that no one will enjoy her in it since she is:

A. Defeated in the end. Though I think it was semi acceptable how she was ultimately defeated.

B. Straight up villain with no real moral code so her actions will definitely not gain the film any praise.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but how many adaptations have mentioned Diana being Zeus's daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but how many adaptations have mentioned Diana being Zeus's daughter?
    Pretty sure none of them. It started with the DC-DTV-AU and since then only Justice League Action animated series came out and both largely ignore her origin outside of leaving the island. Even Superfriends and her original DTV are the only ones to show her being made of clay.

The Wonder Woman wiki has a pretty useful page that goes over every instance of WW's origin depiction (adaptations included) and whether it's clay or Daddy Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Pretty sure none of them. It started with the DC-DTV-AU and since then only Justice League Action animated series came out and both largely ignore her origin outside of leaving the island. Even Superfriends and her original DTV are the only ones to show her being made of clay.
    What about games?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The Wonder Woman wiki has a pretty useful page that goes over every instance of WW's origin depiction (adaptations included) and whether it's clay or Daddy Zeus.
    You sure? It looks like it only lists comic versions not stuff like movies, games or tv.

Finished Catwoman: Hunted, Cheetah definitely gets to go all Cheetah in this but I can tell that no one will enjoy her in it since she is:

A. Defeated in the end. Though I think it was semi acceptable how she was ultimately defeated.

B. Straight up villain with no real moral code so her actions will definitely not gain the film any praise.
    I was pleasantly surprised she mentioned Urzkartaga. Compared to her latest animated showings this wasn't too bad I guess. The fight at the end would've been pretty epic if she wasn't fighting an ordinary human.

The original version of Barbara Minerva never had much of a moral code, so I wouldn't be too bothered by that.

What about games?
    Her Injustice bio mentions she's Zeus' daughter, and it might've come up in her in-game dialogue. There was also an Infinite Crisis online game that mentioned it in her bio.

I'm pretty sure any other video game appearance came before the New52.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised she mentioned Urzkartaga. Compared to her latest animated showings this wasn't too bad I guess. The fight at the end would've been pretty epic if she wasn't fighting an ordinary human.
    She seemed to play with Catwoman which was of course her ultimate downfall.

She was Zeus' daughter in the original DC Super Hero Girls but I think the reboot used the clay origin.
    She seemed to play with Catwoman which was of course her ultimate downfall.
    The bane of every overpowered character...

spoilers:
    I've seen on twitter people complaining about her being a human trafficker along with Talia Al Ghul, so I wonder how that will go over.
    end of spoilers