Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It had its moments but, it felt off, specially the way Ultraman is so easily defeated, the second half's fights had the right mood for a battle like this.
    I think it was good for an initial bout as the League got their bearings together.
    Yeah, but it was still a sudden soulmate-like romance that goes nowhere lol.
    I think it was building up to them bringing in the military to arrest the Crime Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We're in the age of "you thought the villain was the bad guy but you don't know the TRUE story where they're actually the hero" thanks to the likes of Maleficent and now Cruella.
    It bears pointing out that this technically applies to Wonder Woman as well in regards to the Amazons.

I think the voice actor who did the voice of Kassandra in the video game Assassin's Creed: Odyssey if I were running DC and WB I would be begging her to do the voice of Diana/Wonder Woman in every animated movie. TV show, and video game. She is awesome and her take on Kassandra reminds me so much of Diana/Wonder Woman in terms of humor, drama, sexiness, anger, rage, hatred, love, sorrow, world weariness, emotional detachment, exhaustion, excitement, confidence, arrogance, stubbornness, even some stupidity at times, and so on that I think a character like Diana/Wonder Woman needs.

I liked how when they brought the character back in a crossover story in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla how it plays like a classic superhero team up story.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 12-30-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Candle dude is Hades. I think. Gosh, it's been a while...
    Ah yeah, checked out the wiki here, it's Hades.

And here I thought I stopped mixing up Ares with Hades and vice versa, and it happens again here .

I think it's along those lines, with a slight modification. I think it was that shows that were pitched were favored if they appealed to young boys, and then shows that didn't sell toys got canceled. Green Lantern was accepted because it had the potential to appeal to boys, but the toys sales weren't good so it didn't get a second season.
    I can understand cancelling a cartoon if the toys aren't being sold enough, 'cause those are where the money comes from, but YJ got screwed over by Cartoon Network so many damn time that it's kinda silly to cancel it because it was screwed over so much lol.

Cruella fails as a "true origin story" for the character. If you don't care about continuity, it can be entertaining, and of course there are Easter eggs. But if you want to know how she becomes evil and all that, you're going to be disappointed. It's one of those movies that really comes across as an algorithmic, shameless cash grab.
    Sounds like a Disney live action movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was building up to them bringing in the military to arrest the Crime Syndicate.
    I'm pretty sure the way it happened is that he accidentally read her mind and then it was like "Oh **** we're soulmates" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

JSA is back on hbo max

I totally missed it on my first watch that they alluded to Themiscryia being destroyed
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-03-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Watching a Super Friends episode under the WW option and I forgot how much they loved playing with that Lasso. She had lasso missiles that could take any shape and telepathically communicate with her lasso to steal Medusas necklace. And an entire episode that is centered around WW and the Greek Gods (who have worshipers on other planets)? Such a rarity nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Watching a Super Friends episode under the WW option and I forgot how much they loved playing with that Lasso. She had lasso missiles that could take any shape and telepathically communicate with her lasso to steal Medusas necklace. And an entire episode that is centered around WW and the Greek Gods (who have worshipers on other planets)? Such a rarity nowadays.
    Yea I never got why they didn't add the whole lasso can be controlled by Diana telepathic or that the lasso can transform. I mean I believe she turned it into a sword and fought

They've had a couple of good WW episodes. Just finished one with the Amazons going to war with an all female army from Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea I never got why they didn't add the whole lasso can be controlled by Diana telepathic or that the lasso can transform. I mean I believe she turned it into a sword and fought
    Because Diana is a physical fighter and those abilities aren't tied into her moves as a fighter. But I agree that the lasso should be used in more creative ways, shouldn't obey the laws of physics and should have a minor degree if automatic adjustment of the trajectory so it can hit a target.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-06-2022 at 04:44 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For the first time ever we had Diana and both Wonder Girls in a scene together!
    After being up to date on the Young Justice season 4 episodes, when does this happen? I don't recall seeing this unless it was just there for a split second and missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    After being up to date on the Young Justice season 4 episodes, when does this happen? I don't recall seeing this unless it was just there for a split second and missed it.
    It was a split second that is easily missed. I believe episode 11 or 12.

Barbara Minerva in Catwoman: Hunted

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Barbara Minerva in Catwoman: Hunted

That's one anime-styled pointy nose and chin.

Considering all the jokes about how Cheetah's been treated as a discount Catwoman throughout the years, I'm afraid, very afraid.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    That's one anime-styled pointy nose and chin.

Considering all the jokes about how Cheetah's been treated as a discount Catwoman throughout the years, I'm afraid, very afraid.
    That can't be Barbara shes not blonde skin too dark also who is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    That can't be Barbara shes not blonde skin too dark also who is this?
    No, It is Barbara Minerva. Kirby Howell-Baptiste is credited as her voice actress for the film.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~