Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Yara Flor Appreciation 2024

Happy new year, Yara fans!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Happy New Year to Yara and her fans .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Hope we see more Yara in 2024!

IMG_2443.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Was Yara always so cocky with Diana?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yes, she was like that in the Wonder Woman run.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Cause she is cocky. It's very on brand of her.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Hope we see more Yara in 2024!

IMG_2443.jpg
    You're in luck. Based on how this week's Wonder Woman ended, all three Wonder Girls are going to feature in at least the next few issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're in luck. Based on how this week's Wonder Woman ended, all three Wonder Girls are going to feature in at least the next few issues.
    Cool! Haven’t got my copy yet but looking forward to reading it! The art looks fantastic (as usual and as we’ve come to expect from Sampere at this point ).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

I liked Yara as a character but felt she was underdeveloped. Unlike Jace and Jon her solo lasted about 8 issues and all 3 solos had pacing issues.

I don't mind her getting a followup. I'd just scrap the Wonder Girl name and give her a new title that's Yara-centric. Another option is Fury as Yara felt impulsive and hot tempered in her early appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked Yara as a character but felt she was underdeveloped. Unlike Jace and Jon her solo lasted about 8 issues and all 3 solos had pacing issues.

I don't mind her getting a followup. I'd just scrap the Wonder Girl name and give her a new title that's Yara-centric. Another option is Fury as Yara felt impulsive and hot tempered in her early appearances.
    Yeah that could work. One thing a lot of folks don’t seem to care for is her incessantly repeated distaste for the WG moniker anyway.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

When are they going to explore her being a demigod?

Her father is a water god isn't he?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Yep that is what was said. Very weird they haven't done more with it. Maybe waiting for a Brazilian to do it, but considering nobody wanted to write the original Wonder Girl series that doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Like Donna Troy and Artemis use their real names as codenames, she should drop Wonder Girl and just be called Yara Flor.

The name Fury should be reserved for Cassie whenever she want to take it up, due to her past lightning lasso and her resemblance to Lyta Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah that could work. One thing a lot of folks don’t seem to care for is her incessantly repeated distaste for the WG moniker anyway.
    It was funny the first time but after awhile it becomes tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Probably in another solo.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Like Donna Troy and Artemis use their real names as codenames, she should drop Wonder Girl and just be called Yara Flor.

The name Fury should be reserved for Cassie whenever she want to take it up, due to her past lightning lasso and her resemblance to Lyta Trevor
    I personally hate it as i like a good Codename for 95% of my heroes