Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1909
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    lmao, Patty had the most control over 84 and Diana's only other appearances were in 2 films... one simply a longer remake of the first. None of this inspires confidence in me with Patty.
    I'll be honest, any Snyder involvement inspires even less confidence in me. As it should everyone else, tbh. There's a reason he's been kicked out of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WW and AQ are fictional characters so there is no official. This ain't UFC.
    I mean, it's not even a RPG.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW and AQ are fictional characters so there is no official. This ain't UFC.

I mean...the WW/Aquaman thing is portrayed as bad thing both in-universe and by the story itself as part of a dystopic alternate universe. It' clearly not a desired goal.

It's clearly not like something in KC where even though that's also dystopic it ends with Babies Ever After for Diana/Clark or the DCAU where it's clearly the creatives promoting their ships.
    There is an official. Or have you ever seen superman weaker than aquaman? shazam?, mary marvel?, black adam? Guess WW is the perfect target for when DC wants to nerv a character. Everybody else is going up.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'll be honest, any Snyder involvement inspires even less confidence in me. As it should everyone else, tbh. There's a reason he's been kicked out of the DCEU.

I mean, it's not even a RPG.
    patty jenkins is bad for WW too.

No official? LOL. superman is never seen weaker than aquam, or did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    There is an official. Or have you ever seen superman weaker than aquaman? shazam?, mary marvel?, black adam? Guess WW is the perfect target for when DC wants to nerv a character. Everybody else is going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Wait, why the heck is Wonder Woman not flying in Super Hero Girls? It just shows how incredibly bad DC truly is at portraying Wonder Woman properly, if it is even possible to be better than most DC media while still failing at such easily to avoid things, and i am so tired of all these creative choices of at least to some degree screwing Wonder Woman up.
    I don't recall the exact reasoning but I think it was coming right after the movie and to depict her as younger and still coming into her own, but, again, I think not being able to fly did not impede her characterization or depiction at all and was purely a creative choice.
    i thought your point was that they were barebones with each character, which made it balanced with Wonder Woman not truly reminding on the Golden age deeper than on surface level?
    I didn't mean "barebones" I meant basic as in getting the immediate gist and characterizations in there because you're basically debuting/featuring 6 heroes in one movie (not counting Aquaman)
    Well the JLD do have the advantage of not making Diana their secretary on their permanent record so that's one thing they'll always have over the JSA.
    Isn't that probably why they made her the leader of the team in this iteration?
    And no making Diana simp for Supes or Bats so that's one thing they have over the JLA also.
    Steve was the one doing the simping in the movie .

aquaman beat him in that scan? Because if he diodn't. Then it doesn't count.

Shazam has been talked about being equal to superman for years. Has aquaman been the same type of case?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't recall the exact reasoning but I think it was coming right after the movie and to depict her as younger and still coming into her own, but, again, I think not being able to fly did not impede her characterization or depiction at all and was purely a creative choice.

I didn't mean "barebones" I meant basic as in getting the immediate gist and characterizations in there because you're basically debuting/featuring 6 heroes in one movie (not counting Aquaman)

Isn't that probably why they made her the leader of the team in this iteration?

Steve was the one doing the simping in the movie .
    Wonder Woman's powers, level and skills are treated as optional far too often. Once again proving how little most at dc care about her.

Wonder Woman's powers, level and skills are treated as optional far too often. Once again proving how little most at dc care about her.
    It seems like it's just flight (and I guess invulnerability but the comics have this problem too) but that's not much of a dealbreaker for me...even as someone who thinks she should be able to fly.

Like in DCSHG, again, it feels like the creators actually liked Wonder Woman as a character and as a leader, they just also didn't need her to be another flier.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Certainly wasn't the best. Yes. But the problem wasn't that part of the movie, and we still got a lot things i liked. Patty threw away the sword/shield and let the lasso shine which I loved.
    All well and fine, inconsequential, and really only fueled a narrative that Diana losing her sword and shield was another problem. Too bad almost every other decision was piss poor and negatively affected her character, lore, villains, and personality... things a bit more important to me than whatever accessories barbie is using tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

It seems like it's just flight (and I guess invulnerability but the comics have this problem too) but that's not much of a dealbreaker for me...even as someone who thinks she should be able to fly.

Like in DCSHG, again, it feels like the creators actually liked Wonder Woman as a character and as a leader, they just also didn't need her to be another flier.
    Again, I would dare to see someone remove Superman's abilities... taking away flight despite her having it for decades now is a problem for more reasons, like people asking if she can or not. Also, by this logic Billy, Cyborg, and other heroes should be reevaluated on whether or not they should fly... don't want to crowd the skies. Also, a lot of writers say they don't want Diana to fly but often give her a companion that does fly which is like why? removes a bit of cred from me.

The writers of that show like WW? Then why was she too weak to fight giganta in one episode? Why was she one shotted by zod in another one?

The writers of that show like WW? Then why was she too weak to fight giganta in one episode? Why was she one shotted by zod in another one?
    Yeah, saw a YouTube vid of 'Diana's best moments' or something in DCSHG and its just her getting jumped and tossed around mostly, at least in the fights. Also, Supergirl is depicted as more powerful.... If Diana's world had the same marketing and media adaptations as Superman and Batman than DCSHG would have used Cassie instead of Diana.

Yeah, saw a YouTube vid of 'Diana's best moments' or something in DCSHG and its just her getting jumped and tossed around mostly, at least in the fights. Also, Supergirl is depicted as more powerful.... If Diana's world had the same marketing and media adaptations as Superman and Batman than DCSHG would have used Cassie instead of Diana.
    Exactly. WW is just there. People need to accept thgat she has become a full time lipservice machine. all talk no show.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

All well and fine, inconsequential, and really only fueled a narrative that Diana losing her sword and shield was another problem. Too bad almost every other decision was piss poor and negatively affected her character, lore, villains, and personality... things a bit more important to me than whatever accessories barbie is using tbh.
    Patty understands Diana at her core. Some would rather have Snyders angrier, more physical version. That's fine. But we could have a worst version and the verdict stands on her 3rd film.

aquaman beat him in that scan? Because if he diodn't. Then it doesn't count.

Shazam has been talked about being equal to superman for years. Has aquaman been the same type of case?