Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1904
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WW has lost to aquaman 4 times already. Has superman ever lost to aq?

shazam has been treated better in terms of his power set representation than WW. So again, has superman ever been weaker than shazam? And i mean weaker, not comics where shazam is said or shown to be just as strong. weaker. Like WW was compared to aq in jsa movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Patty understands Diana at her core. Some would rather have Snyders angrier, more physical version. That's fine. But we could have a worst version and the verdict stands on her 3rd film.
    jenkins doesn't understand anything. Her WW is just one big tribute to Lynda Carter and a massive weaklink. If she is going to have that same approach, WW3 will flop. And i will be happy.

Patty understands Diana at her core. Some would rather have Snyders angrier, more physical version. That's fine. But we could have a worst version and the verdict stands on her 3rd film.
    I actually don't think so. She's made a lot of decisions about Diana's lore and history that would reflect otherwise. She visions Diana as kind and compassionate and loving, which is easy tbh. But that's really it. Her Diana is a hopeless romantic that locks herself off for decades after one guy she knew for like a week dies. She wishes not to see her mother, sisters, and themysicra; she wishes to bang Steve one more time. And I would argue Patty falls in the other pit of Wonder Woman writers in that she makes Diana TOO soft. I'm not 100% a fan of Snyder's Diana, I think he ignores her and a lot of her characteristics that Patty is ok at. Diana being angry in a justifiable setting is fine to me, Diana pissed off is fine to me, we've she her be angry at people, situations, etc. Snyder films are colored grey and so tonally its fit to match, but tbh I just think in his head it's all 'looking cool' it's nothing deeper. I think he just doesn't like color. And, yes, I like Diana being more physical... like not destroying a building with civilians underneath for no reason but more than swinging from poles against CHEETAH and then struggling with WIND. Zack's action in leagues better in choreography than Patty's it's not a contest.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Aquaman was fighting for his life in that 'fight' which wasn't really one and Clark was really holding back... context goes a long way. And Kingdom Come is not inconsistent with SHAZAM being a match for Superman, which was always in his marketing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I do love how casual she was in this show

Resting warrior face lol. She had pretty cool action scenes... then Aquaman showed up.

she was casual against fodder. That's what i didn't like. She looked so pathetic fighting aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW has lost to aquaman 4 times already. Has superman ever lost to aq?

shazam has been treated better in terms of his power set representation than WW. So again, has superman ever been weaker than shazam? And i mean weaker, not comics where shazam is said or shown to be just as strong. weaker. Like WW was compared to aq in jsa movie.
    Your original post

There is an official. Or have you ever seen superman weaker than aquaman? shazam?, mary marvel?, black adam? Guess WW is the perfect target for when DC wants to nerv a character. Everybody else is going up.
    You asked for examples of Superman being weaker and evidence was provided.

Again, fictional characters. Power levels are meaningless, actual competitive combat this is not.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Resting warrior face lol. She had pretty cool action scenes... then Aquaman showed up.
    And then she still had cool action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that probably why they made her the leader of the team in this iteration?
    No, it's because you need a damned good reason to put WW back on a team she hasn't a meaningful connection to longer than most comic fans have been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steve was the one doing the simping in the movie .
    As Marston intended, yes.

Your original post

You asked for examples of Superman being weaker and evidence was provided.

Again, fictional characters. Power levels are meaningless, actual competitive combat this is not.
    You did not post evidence at all. Superman did not lose to aquaman in that scan. And shazam was treated as his equal in KC.

Any fictional character is weak? Then i want to see scans showing that superman, shazam, mary, manhunter etc lose battles as often as WW. I want to see them struggling with tanks and street levelers as often as WW. If you can't prove it. That proves that there are official power tiers, And sadly WW was removed from the higher tiers years ago.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 11-14-2022 at 08:25 PM.

She was overpowered by aquaman and about to be killed before steve helped her. With a car that apparently has bigger force than WW. Because aquaman could block a punch from her with his bare hand, yet the car sent him flying away. Damn WW was weak.

Oh please post the full fight where Aquaman was dancing around her and caught her one handed, slamming her to the ground.

You did not post evidence at all. Superman did not lose to aquaman in that scan. And shazam was treated as his equal in KC.

Any fictional character is weak? Then i want to see scans showing that superman, shazam, mary, manhunter etc lose battles as often as WW. I want to see them struggling with tanks and street levelers as often as WW. If you can't prove it. That proves that there are official power tiers, And sadly WW was removed from the higher tiers years ago.

I accept this as your way of saying that you couldn't find any evidence to your claim.