Page 102 of 128 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1909

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    All well and fine, inconsequential, and really only fueled a narrative that Diana losing her sword and shield was another problem. Too bad almost every other decision was piss poor and negatively affected her character, lore, villains, and personality... things a bit more important to me than whatever accessories barbie is using tbh.
    She doesn't need a sword and shield tho.
    Again, I would dare to see someone remove Superman's abilities... taking away flight despite her having it for decades now is a problem for more reasons, like people asking if she can or not. Also, by this logic Billy, Cyborg, and other heroes should be reevaluated on whether or not they should fly... don't want to crowd the skies. Also, a lot of writers say they don't want Diana to fly but often give her a companion that does fly which is like why? removes a bit of cred from me.
    Actually I've seen some people express interesting in getting Superman back to his Golden Age powerset. I know they did it in Superman Smashes The Klan but that was actually part of the plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The writers of that show like WW? Then why was she too weak to fight giganta in one episode? Why was she one shotted by zod in another one?
    Because it was Bumblebee's episode? If I remember right she only lost because she got tied up by her own lasso.

Wasn't everyone basically useless against the Kryptonians until they worked as a team to put them back into the Phantom Zone?
    Yeah, saw a YouTube vid of 'Diana's best moments' or something in DCSHG and its just her getting jumped and tossed around mostly, at least in the fights. Also, Supergirl is depicted as more powerful.... If Diana's world had the same marketing and media adaptations as Superman and Batman than DCSHG would have used Cassie instead of Diana.
    Supergirls' ability and competence can also be very dependent on the episode and Diana generally comes off a lot more likeable compared to her in my opinion.
    Exactly. WW is just there. People need to accept thgat she has become a full time lipservice machine. all talk no show.
    I think you're really doing the show a disservice to say Diana is "just there" for that show.
    She was overpowered by aquaman and about to be killed before steve helped her. With a car that apparently has bigger force than WW. Because aquaman could block a punch from her with his bare hand, yet the car sent him flying away. Damn WW was weak.
    I guess one could argue the kinetic force of the explosion and the sheer surprise helped.
    Oh please post the full fight where Aquaman was dancing around her and caught her one handed, slamming her to the ground.
    So they both got good hits in?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Actually I've seen some people express interesting in getting Superman back to his Golden Age powerset. I know they did it in Superman Smashes The Klan but that was actually part of the plot.

Supergirls' ability and competence can also be very dependent on the episode and Diana generally comes off a lot more likeable compared to her in my opinion.
    Diana having a sword and shield doesn't automatically mean she's poorly written though... also considering her track record she honestly needs the edge

people express a lot of bad ideas on the internet.

I bring up supergirl because in virtually every instance Diana is depicted as more powerful in virtually every way. In DCSHG Diana not only can't fly but is somehow weaker than another character she's been historically stronger than. If it was WonderGIRL, who frankly should have been in the show instead of Diana, I'd by it. But she isn't.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

So they both got good hits in?
    Aquaman had the clear advantage in the fight... are people just blind?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'll be honest, any Snyder involvement inspires even less confidence in me. As it should everyone else, tbh. There's a reason he's been kicked out of the DCEU.
    Snyder really lives rent free in you people's heads, doesn't he? No one asked for Snyder's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Patty understands Diana at her core. Some would rather have Snyders angrier, more physical version. That's fine. But we could have a worst version and the verdict stands on her 3rd film.
    What was "angry" about Snyder's version? And while I don't agree with everything mystical says, nowhere did they say they wanted the Snyder version.

She doesn't need the lasso either if you want to go in that direction.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-14-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'll be honest, any Snyder involvement inspires even less confidence in me. As it should everyone else, tbh. There's a reason he's been kicked out of the DCEU.
    If his fundamental "understanding" of Diana weren't so superficial, shallow, and 12-year-old-fanboy-ish, I would probably not have an issue with him. He is just the typical dude who thinks Diana should always be portrayed as a "badass" decapitation-happy, warrior woman hottie who will kill first and ask questions later. I am so happy that he has nothing to do with Diana's movie portrayals anymore, and yes, I'd rather have a million WW84s than the one bank scene in the SNydercut (or the Superman-mops-the-floor-With-WW-and-easily-resists-the-lassos-magic moment). There is a reason Patty is still doing WW3 and Snyder is persona-non-grata at WBD. The studio values what she did for WW (yes, despite the failure of WW84) over the crap that Snyder concocted around her and around the Trinity(which pretty much destroyed any momentum and audience goodwill the DCEU had).
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-14-2022 at 11:43 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

And then she still had cool action scenes.

She ultimately jobbed to Aquaman in water and would have on land if not for the help of a man. Doesn't matter if the scenes are cool at the expense of the character herself!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Snyder really lives rent free in you people's heads, doesn't he? No one asked for Snyder's involvement.

What was "angry" about Snyder's version? And while I don't agree with everything mystical says, nowhere did they say they wanted the Snyder version.

They don't need to say anything. There have only been 2.5 people who've handled Diana in movies so...if you don't like anything about Pattys then maybe Snyders is more for you. She was angry at the world, she gave up on humanity and walked away from it all in his version of the character.

Oh please post the full fight where Aquaman was dancing around her and caught her one handed, slamming her to the ground.
    Why? Im talking about COOL action scenes. Where did i say anything about their fight that we've dragged into the ground already?

They don't need to say anything. There have only been 2.5 people who've handled Diana in movies so...if you don't like anything about Pattys then maybe Snyders is more for you. She was angry at the world, she gave up on humanity and walked away from it all in his version of the character.
    Mystical complains about the JL movie (both versions) all the time. Disliking Jenkins' take is not the same thing as preferring Snyder's.

Diana isn't angry in anything Snyder directs. She is upset with all the pain and suffering she sees but still helps people. Angry is more descriptive of how Batman is depicted by him and even that is largely for BvS.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-15-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Mystical complains about the JL movie (both versions) all the time. Disliking Jenkins' take is not the same thing as preferring Snyder's.

Diana isn't angry in anything Snyder directs. She is upset with all the pain and suffering she sees but still helps people. Angry is more descriptive of how Batman is depicted by him and even that is largely for BvS.
    Whose talking about mystical?

Diana having a sword and shield doesn't automatically mean she's poorly written though... also considering her track record she honestly needs the edge

people express a lot of bad ideas on the internet.
    "Edge?" Edge like "I put my enemies down" edge that completely misses the point of the character?

I just don't see why she needs them.
    I bring up supergirl because in virtually every instance Diana is depicted as more powerful in virtually every way. In DCSHG Diana not only can't fly but is somehow weaker than another character she's been historically stronger than. If it was WonderGIRL, who frankly should have been in the show instead of Diana, I'd by it. But she isn't.
    There's more to her character than strength feats in my opinion.
    I mean, she's had the lasso for decades and it's proved it's versatility in a variety of ways. It literally compels people to tell the truth.

"Edge?" Edge like "I put my enemies down" edge that completely misses the point of the character?

I just don't see why she needs them.

There's more to her character than strength feats in my opinion.
    'Edge' as in "She's consistently the one getting tossed even against people SHE should be tossing around and if it helps her out then I'm cool with it remaining" edge.

I'm assuming you've watched Invincible. Characters like Diana don't 'need' anything. And speaking of the Lasso and its versatility, you could make the same statement about a sword and shield. IF writers are creative enough and smart enough to develop scenarios that would justify Diana using them or going lethal, which lets actually honest here ARE some of her more memorable stories, I don't see that as an issue.

OMFG YES!!!! I GET IT!!!!!! "PowErS ARen'T EVeRYThInG" / except when it matters. I'm not arguing her personality, though again, with all the preaching that children's show has her do you'd think they'd give her some actual power to back it up.
    Last edited by Perseus; 11-15-2022 at 11:29 AM.

'Edge' as in "She's consistently the one getting tossed even against people SHE should be tossing around and if it helps her out then I'm cool with it remaining" edge.

I'm assuming you've watched Invincible. Characters like Diana don't 'need' anything. And speaking of the Lasso and its versatility, you could make the same statement about a sword and shield. IF writers are creative enough and smart enough to develop scenarios that would justify Diana using them or going lethal, which lets actually honest here ARE some of her more memorable stories, I don't see that as an issue.

OMFG YES!!!! I GET IT!!!!!! "PowErS ARen'T EVeRYThInG" / except when it matters. I'm not arguing her personality, though again, with all the preaching that children's show has her do you'd think they'd give her some actual power to back it up.
    I thought by "Edge" you meant the ability to slice and dice people up, which, like...does she really need to be doing that on a consistent basis? The whole lethal force thing is a contentious enough subject as it is.

I've watched Invincible and not sure what that says about Diana? Most of the characters were super-powered flying bricks. She's gotten by with just the lasso for decades and I don't think being willing to use lethal force or wielding a sword is an intrinsic element of her character.

Not to mention the sword ends up being useless or getting tossed aside most of the time.

I'm not arguing for her to be portrayed as weaker or saying it's right that she is, but I just don't think a take on Diana should be automatically written off like that.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I thought by "Edge" you meant the ability to slice and dice people up, which, like...does she really need to be doing that on a consistent basis? The whole lethal force thing is a contentious enough subject as it is.

I've watched Invincible and not sure what that says about Diana? Most of the characters were super-powered flying bricks. She's gotten by with just the lasso for decades and I don't think being willing to use lethal force or wielding a sword is an intrinsic element of her character.

Not to mention the sword ends up being useless or getting tossed aside most of the time.

I'm not arguing for her to be portrayed as weaker or saying it's right that she is, but I just don't think a take on Diana should be automatically written off like that.
    Because that is the only consistency when it comes to DC treating WW. They are only consistent in how often they make her skills, power and gear useless. So you can give her a universe busting canon. And she will still struggle and lose to most opponents. Because they just don't care about Diana. Sexists annoying white straight privileged people on that label need to have a reality check.

Because that is the only consistency when it comes to DC treating WW. They are only consistent in how often they make her skills, power and gear useless. So you can give her a universe busting canon. And she will still struggle and lose to most opponents. Because they just don't care about Diana. Sexists annoying white straight privileged people on that label need to have a reality check.
    I don't think we need to be defending the sword here .