Page 103 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1904

The thing that I always saw and liked about the Magic Lasso was that Diana could wield it perfectly to do anything she needed, and a sword and shield was made unnecessary since she could use the Lasso to snap things out of hands, as a shield, etc.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The thing that I always saw and liked about the Magic Lasso was that Diana could wield it perfectly to do anything she needed, and a sword and shield was made unnecessary since she could use the Lasso to snap things out of hands, as a shield, etc.
    Now I wish her schtick was using her lasso to steal everyone else's weapons. Get the best of both worlds...

Incredible Member

I know a lot of people have been pissed at the news that Amazon is closing a deal with WB/DC for animated series, but I actually got more excited.

I can't imagine Amazon missing out on the opportunity to lease Wonder Woman animation rights and then name her show:

Wonder Woman: The Almighty Amazon

It just feels too perfect. I was thinking of how Wonder Woman: Year One/Godwatch would be a perfect introduction/First Season of such an animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know a lot of people have been pissed at the news that Amazon is closing a deal with WB/DC for animated series, but I actually got more excited.

I can't imagine Amazon missing out on the opportunity to lease Wonder Woman animation rights and then name her show:

Wonder Woman: The Almighty Amazon

It just feels too perfect. I was thinking of how Wonder Woman: Year One/Godwatch would be a perfect introduction/First Season of such an animated series.
    I also think the Amazon deal is good news for a potential animated series, and DC animated content in general. WB clearly had no interest in making more animated shows.

Also Gail Simone DID mention on Twitter within the last few days that she's writing "2 of her favorite heroines in different massive projects" and that she was "writing a lot of icon characters right now, just not in comics." And the only thing she really does other than comics is animation. So...

Gignta appears in the leaked Scooby-Doo and Kryto movie

Astonishing Member

Aquaman should never be a match for either Wonder Woman or Superman in a one-on-one situation. Aquaman aided by the denizens of the oceanworld would give him a boost. Magical weapons would also play a role if available, e.g., Aquaman's trident, Diana's lasso. I like that over the years DC has shown that Aquaman is more than just a commander of fish. As far back as the 70s, he was shown to have superior strength due to his ability to exist in the pressure of the ocean. But he's not in the strength class of Superman or Wonder Woman. To suggest otherwise, is ridiculous!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I take that more as him wanting to build Wonder Woman's corner of the DCU, not so much an animated series specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I take that more as him wanting to build Wonder Woman's corner of the DCU, not so much an animated series specifically.
    Yeah that is an alternate interpretation that I realized later. Especially since Paradise Lost may be what he’s thinking of.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder if this means a solo cartoon or stuff with her in the new DCU?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this means a solo cartoon or stuff with her in the new DCU?
    I hope a solo cartoon. Part of what has made Batman and Superman successful was what was created/changed in animated series and various tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I hope a solo cartoon. Part of what has made Batman and Superman successful was what was created/changed in animated series and various tv shows.
    Yeah, I really don't want a Wonder Woman cartoon to have to be handcuffed to another continuity. Let it be it's own thing and define the character on it's own terms.

I’m expecting DCU because I think Gunn will have the next WW be built up in animation before her actress (who will also be her VA) debuts on screen in JL.