Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1909

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm in that small interlapping section of the Ven diagram of "Wonder Woman fan" and "Jonah Hex fan" but I can't say this does anything for me. Comes off as they're cramming three of those DC character spotlight shorts together with a bare bones League vs. alien bad guy movie.

so idk... what exactly is there to get excited about as Wonder Woman fan? This team dropped the ball with JSA: WW2 and none of the other films this continuity has churned out have been much to ride home about. At least the Injustice adaptation fell flat on it's face and everyone got to laugh at it.
    It feels more like a Trinity movie than a League movie.

Actually I could totally have seen a Justice League Action episode with this premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    You'd think the mythical amazonian warrior would get the dragons and wizards but nope, she gets more humans aka canon fodder. As usual I'm just gonna watch the fight scenes on youtube when its out just to see if they bother to even try and make Diana as powerful as she should be. Lord knows they're gonna write her as stale as bread anyway.
    Honestly even if they had put her in Skartaris we probably would've gotten all the typical "Warrior Woman" complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The trailer for The New Adventures of Superman Adult [Swim/Max] is out, and all I can think is...why, oh why can't we WW fans get a friggin' solo WW animated series??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9uUv6AdoY
    How I felt watching this trailer, thinking of the last Superman Tomorrowverse movie (Man of Tomorrow) and the premise/tone James Gunn has described for Superman Legacy:

Like, sure, Batman's been done a million times, but at least every adaptation has a unique tone and visual approach. Plus you've got a spectrum of how much supernatural stuff you want to put in, whether or not you want to use Robin/the Batfam, etc.

Really reinforces how much WW suits herself to a new animated series. The IP is familiar enough to sell but unknown enough that it's guaranteed to feel new.

I'm in that small interlapping section of the Ven diagram of "Wonder Woman fan" and "Jonah Hex fan" but I can't say this does anything for me. Comes off as they're cramming three of those DC character spotlight shorts together with a bare bones League vs. alien bad guy movie.

so idk... what exactly is there to get excited about as Wonder Woman fan? This team dropped the ball with JSA: WW2 and none of the other films this continuity has churned out have been much to ride home about. At least the Injustice adaptation fell flat on it's face and everyone got to laugh at it.
    Some fun cowgirl outfits? But beyond that, these movies have been beyond dull so it's a pass from me. I'll also be very surprised if we get another Tomorrowverse entry after this.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    How I felt watching this trailer, thinking of the last Superman Tomorrowverse movie (Man of Tomorrow) and the premise/tone James Gunn has described for Superman Legacy:

I guess "young Lois and Clark with a bright and optimistic energy" is kind of the same even if I don't think it's that similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Actually I could totally have seen a Justice League Action episode with this premise.

Honestly even if they had put her in Skartaris we probably would've gotten all the typical "Warrior Woman" complaints.
    There wouldn't be complaints if DC Animation had a better track record with WW.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post

Some fun cowgirl outfits? But beyond that, these movies have been beyond dull so it's a pass from me. I'll also be very surprised if we get another Tomorrowverse entry after this.
    I was kind of suspecting this would have been on the chopping block when Zaslav took over.

Though tbh, these films have all been on a downward slope since JL: War and that was like almost 10 years ago at this point so I don't entirely think there was massive step down in quality.

There wouldn't be complaints if DC Animation had a better track record with WW.
    I still think it looks fun .

What Gaius said plus I wouldn't care. There are people that see Diana with a sword and shield or set in anything that's fantasy based and throw a small hissy fit over it then move on, I say let them.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

It actually doesn't look awful (unlike the majority of recent DC animated films).

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

It feels more like a Trinity movie than a League movie.https://community.cbr.com/newreply.p...eply&p=6494209

Because nerfed and basic warrior woman is all DC and WB do with her since 2011 in 90% of her appearances.

I still think it looks fun .
    Fair enough.

Good lord, this looks so boring. Hey, Diana in a western like that one crappy Justice League episode. 'Cause remember Justice Riders??? Remember that?????
    I'm still betting she gets her s**t wrecked by Mongul before it's over.

Asinine waste of time.

Gotta say, if they ever do give Wonder Woman her own animated series, the bar is pretty damn low.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 06-06-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I gotta say the intense negativity kinda gives me the impressive that even if WW were to get a show, it would still get hate because the expectations have reached a totally unrealistic point

Like I'm not even that interested in Warworld but I find the derision for Diana just because she's in a Western kinda excessive

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I gotta say the intense negativity kinda gives me the impressive that even if WW were to get a show, it would still get hate because the expectations have reached a totally unrealistic point

Like I'm not even that interested in Warworld but I find the derision for Diana just because she's in a Western kinda excessive
    You're not wrong.

I think our expectations are pretty realistic. Realistically low that is. But our wishes for a good portrayal of Wonder Woman in animation are unrealistic indeed

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's the biggest constant w/WW. The fans are never happy and we'll find anything to tear something involving her down.

Yeah, I get being meh about it because the franchise hasn’t proven its salt (that’s the boat I’m in) but I think the western thing is fun. Don’t get why people are so quick to jump on it.

Reminds me of Trinity/the upcoming run, everyone immediately assuming it’ll all suck before the first issue’s even out.