Page 117 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1904
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Getting destroyed by mongul is not a good feat, when she didn't even damage him at all. And the best she did was throw around a space tank in the finale of the show, which we don't even know how much that weights.

You know Wonder Woman fans/readers are really scraping the bottom of the pudding cup when "Survived getting her behind handed to her by Mongul" is considered a feat, when "standing toe-to-toe with or actually beating Mongul" would be the actual feat.
    Last edited by HotBoy; 06-13-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post

You know Wonder Woman fans/readers are really scraping the bottom of the pudding cup when "Survived getting her behind handed to her by Mongul" is considered a feat, when "standing toe-to-tow with or actually beating Mongul" would be the actual feat.
    This is what you call setting for bread crumbs. A fight where she even hurts her hands by punching mongul is a ''good'' feat for her. Sigh.

Incredible Member

Getting destroyed by mongul is not a good feat, when she didn't even damage him at all. And the best she did was throw around a space tank in the finale of the show, which we don't even know how much that weights.
    Oh I agree, it was weird that Mongul wasn't even slightly hurt by her, very lame writing there, but Diana threw multiple vehicles:

-a WWII tank
    -Thanagarian spaceships
    -Darkseid's spaceships

She's got upper body strength for sure.

Incredible Member

This is what you call setting for bread crumbs. A fight where she even hurts her hands by punching mongul is a ''good'' feat for her. Sigh.
    Hey hey hey - never said that. Don't get it twisted. I see the flaws in her JL portrayal very clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Hey hey hey - never said that. Don't get it twisted. I see the flaws in her JL portrayal very clearly.
    It looked like you used the mongul fight as a feat for her. So i just pointed out that she didn't look good at all in that fight.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Amusingly I would say the actual achievements there in the anomated story is managing to pry off the Black Mercy off Batman (being the only person to not get it on her) and saving Superman by dumping it on Mongul.

Which to be clear I'm not saying it's a perfect depiction of her but I would bring up more she got the last laugh on him than "her lasting against Mongul"

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Amusingly I would say the actual achievements there in the anomated story is managing to pry off the Black Mercy off Batman (being the only person to not get it on her) and saving Superman by dumping it on Mongul.

Which to be clear I'm not saying it's a perfect depiction of her but I would bring up more she got the last laugh on him than "her lasting against Mongul"
    I thought her being the one to trap Mongul in the Black Mercy was a decent trade off for the beat down, and an actual improvement over the original (where she really is just a punching bag). Though this was probably just because Robin wasn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Based on the track record DC and WB have with WW. You can bet she only had the ''last laugh'' because they couldn't use Robin. The creators of that show said they had no idea what to do with her. They didn't think Martson, or Perez comic WW was a good fit for the character. But when it comes to adapting a comic issue where she is treated like trah. They had no problem adapting it 100% faithful to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the few good moments of DCAU WW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We'll have one less WW lead animated series now as Superhero Girls has been eliminated from streaming after its Netflix run for tax write offs
    https://twitter.com/JasonSt77097165/...560708609?s=20
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 06-21-2023 at 08:32 AM.

Rough day at the office for the weirdos who try to say Suphero Girls counts as Wonder Woman’s animated show so WW fans need to shut up about Clown Lady, Kite Man, and the worst Teen Titan all getting shows before her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rough day at the office for the weirdos who try to say Suphero Girls counts as Wonder Woman’s animated show so WW fans need to shut up about Clown Lady, Kite Man, and the worst Teen Titan all getting shows before her.
    And for people who enjoyed cute, fun, DC cartoons spotlighting female heroes and villains .

**** you, Zaslav, you fucking moron

I don't understand the whole thing with eliminating Superhero Girls. Everywhere you looked, the word was that SHG was a very successful property that was making a lot of money through ancillary merchandising. Did I imagine that? What is Zaslav's problem with female-centric content? I am really starting to believe that Paradise Lost will never happen and neither will a new WW solo.