Page 16 of 125 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    not in front of her, she was napping
    ¿De veras?
    Was she really napping?
    I am just curious, because Diana letting people kill people (while she watches and does nothing) seems very UN-Wonder Woman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    ¿De veras?
    Was she really napping?
    I am just curious, because Diana letting people kill people (while she watches and does nothing) seems very UN-Wonder Woman to me.
    No no, the napping thing it's a joke, sorry...
    As I recall she lets them make their decisions, I couldn't assure you that she was a witness to that, although Superman accuses her of it and she doesn't really care.
    But yes, it would be something very not of her as you say, according to the ethical and moral standards that we determine for her.

No no, the napping thing it's a joke, sorry...
    As I recall she lets them make their decisions, I couldn't assure you that she was a witness to that, although Superman accuses her of it and she doesn't really care.
    But yes, it would be something very not of her as you say, according to the ethical and moral standards that we determine for her.
    Also according to the ethical and moral standards that her creator established for her character.

There is no way (at least in my head canon) that Diana would let those women kill a bunch of men, even if the men were rapists.

Wait..., in the comic, did Diana let those women kill all those men in front of her? Who wrote that comic, Zack Snyder?
    Yes, Zack Snyder wrote a comic written by Darwyn Cooke. Every comic about a superhero killing someone was ghost-written by Zack Snyder.

Also according to the ethical and moral standards that her creator established for her character.
    Her creator also established that Diana would never kill anyone herself, a rule that writers threw out in the late 80s.

There is no way (at least in my head canon) that Diana would let those women kill a bunch of men, even if the men were rapists.
    And what was she supposed to do with them?

I wonder if Gal Gadot would be interested in being the voice of Wonder Woman after she retires from being the face and voice on the big screen.

I did not see the movie, but in the comic it shows more deeply Diana's disbelief in the American away also they do not even mention Batman.
    You mean a Bruce Timm-produced film added Batman in a way that wasn't present in the source material?
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 07-26-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I wonder if Gal Gadot would be interested in being the voice of Wonder Woman after she retires from being the face and voice on the big screen.

You mean a Bruce Timm-produced film added Batman in a way that wasn't present in the source material?
    I'm kind of surprised she didn't voice WW in the new Space Jam movie given her section was presented as separate from the regular DC animated world.

I doubt it'd be for something like the direct-to-video lines. I think the only actor who ever returned to doing a role via animation after doing it in live action was West and some of the surviving '66 cast (and given his career, it's debatable if West ever really left that role )

Wait..., in the comic, did Diana let those women kill all those men in front of her? Who wrote that comic, Zack Snyder?
    You need to read the whole story. New Frontier as well as it's tie in. It's some of the best WW stuff.

Anyway, the whole context of the scene is that those women were caged, kidnapped and raped by those men. Diana freed them and she let those captors kill the men who enslaved them. Superman bursts in on them celebrating and she basically tells him to shove off. What makes this different from stories like KC and IC is that Diana is shown to be on a higher moral ground than the other two members of the Trinity.

I don't find what Diana did in that scene to be ooc. It's a darker twist on her role model status wherein she empowers women to take control of their destiny. You can't say what she did in that scene was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm kind of surprised she didn't voice WW in the new Space Jam movie given her section was presented as separate from the regular DC animated world.

I doubt it'd be for something like the direct-to-video lines. I think the only actor who ever returned to doing a role via animation after doing it in live action was West and some of the surviving '66 cast (and given his career, it's debatable if West ever really left that role )
    Yeah, I feel like Gadot wouldn't do DTV unless she was displaced long enough from playing WW on the big screen. I'm thinking something sort of like how Smallville cast a lot of actors with previous ties to Superman.

Rosario Dawson is a better actress anyway. Gal is by far the most popular WW but acting wise, probably the weakest.

Incredible Member

Man, I’m hoping the mediocre track record of these animated movies actually works out in my favor this time.

The sad thing is Janet Varney actually sounds kind of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sad thing is Janet Varney actually sounds kind of good.
    Still love they announced this on the same day as Bats and Supes millionth new show each and coming out in her anniversary month.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Still love they announced this on the same day as Bats and Supes millionth new show each and coming out in her anniversary month.
    The announcement both undermined the good will of the new Superman cartoon and was salt in the wound that we never got a solo WW cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The announcement both undermined the good will of the new Superman cartoon and was salt in the wound that we never got a solo WW cartoon.
    Oh, yeah. Not entirely fair because separate productions but Injustice combined with no WW show has soured me big time on the Superman and Batman franchises at the moment.