Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'm sitting here contemplating if I want an animated show given the current state of Diana as "warrior woman" in mainstream media.

And seriously what? Injustice is getting an adaptation? I mean I know its popular but of all things.
    I dont think Wonder Woman the Warrior will be going away anytime soon tbh. But I'd hope they'd get a creative team that is able to balance the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of the main Leaguers, only Flash and WW have never gotten animated shows. Batman and Superman have had plenty obviously, Hal got GLTAS, and Arthur is getting that three parter (it looks godawful but still). Martian Manhunter or Cyborg are never getting solo shows since they rarely get solo series, but man is it disappointing WW and Flash didn’t get one before Harley Quinn.
    Lets not forget that even Aquaman had his own animated series way back when. 36 episodes. So now he's on his 2nd.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-19-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont think Wonder Woman the Warrior will be going away anytime soon tbh. But I'd hope they'd get a creative team that is able to balance the two.
    I don't want her warrior side to totally disappear but there needs to be a balance always. Writers seem to use the warrior side poorly and only as an excuse to have her swing a sword at random, there is not thought as to why she's using a sword/shield or what makes the villain so dangerous to her that she needs it. Its the aggressive barbarian mentality that comes with it most of the time that I hate. And I'm not against Diana killing but like how Rucka and Perez portrayed, it needs to be explained and there needs to be consequences/ an aftermath.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of the main Leaguers, only Flash and WW have never gotten animated shows. Batman and Superman have had plenty obviously, Hal got GLTAS, and Arthur is getting that three parter (it looks godawful but still). Martian Manhunter or Cyborg are never getting solo shows since they rarely get solo series, but man is it disappointing WW and Flash didn’t get one before Harley Quinn.
    I'd love for a J'onn HBOMax series in either live-action or animation .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because of course they would follow up the announcement that we are getting a solo Superman cartoon for the first time since the 90s with the kick to the nuts that is more Injustice.

So not only do the Superman fans get deflated a bit...the Wonder Woman fans get it even worse.
    I gotta say yeah it sucks this is announced the same day as news of a Superman cartoon (which looks does promising) but Supes fans got something to fall back on and at least the S&L show.

Given how awful Injustice WW is made for Superman and Batman's benefit (alternate universe or not), I'm finding it hard to feel sympathy for Superman at the moment.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

DC does not care about ww. They only do lipservice. Empty words of praise. While they wonder why she does not sell more in the mostly bad projects they do with her. Where nobody puts even 50% of the effort that is put into the lores from batman or superman. Basically they wonder why she does not sell as much as them, while having far less support and promotion. Somebody should tell them they should feel lucky that ww has given them hits like the 2017 movie, with the crappy trackrecord they have handling this character.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 05-19-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    DC does not care about ww. They only do lipservice. Empty words of praise. While they wonder why she does not sell more in the mostly bad projects they do with her. Where nobody puts even 50% of the effort that is put into the lores from batman or superman. Basically they wonder why she does not sell as much as them, while having far less support and promotion. Somebody should tell them they should feel lucky that ww has given them hits like the 2017 movie, with the crappy trackrecord they have handling this character.
    100%

Plus she is a woman so she has even more against her compared to all of the other DTVs. I wouldn't put it past them to put another ban on female DTVs that they did in the past after the first WW animated film. Though they should know that a series is not the same as a DTV and if its good, people will watch. Of course they dont though.

100%

Plus she is a woman so she has even more against her compared to all of the other DTVs. I wouldn't put it past them to put another ban on female DTVs that they did in the past after the first WW animated film. Though they should know that a series is not the same as a DTV and if its good, people will watch. Of course they dont though.
    The greatest evidence of all i say. It is 2021. It is her 80th aniverssary. And they are hardly doing anything. Greenlighting a project with one 9f the worst ww portrayals ever. And giving aquaman, batman, superman new tv shows. While the so called most iconic, most important, most powerful and skilled fighter super heroeine has not had one at all.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I gotta say yeah it sucks this is announced the same day as news of a Superman cartoon (which looks does promising) but Supes fans got something to fall back on and at least the S&L show.

Given how awful Injustice WW is made for Superman and Batman's benefit (alternate universe or not), I'm finding it hard to feel sympathy for Superman at the moment.
    Not claiming Superman fans have it worse, because they definitely don't. They (or we) have a couple other things to at least fall back on at least. There definitely is a feeling of "can we get a nice thing and bask in it for a little bit before you dump some crap on us?" Whereas WW fans are used to not getting much of anything to offset the crap.

But as a fan of both Supes and WW, this is tiresome. I don't think Injustice WW is really for the benefit of Superman. Maybe that is the intention on the part of the creative team, but it's not like Supes fans are clamoring for Evil Superman and his Lady Macbeth to begin with and he still has everything else wrong with his own portrayal. So it's like...who in the two fandoms is benefiting from this? Are they trying pit the fandoms against each other so Batman remains unscathed?

Why is this dumb crap so popular that we can't escape it?

100%

Even so, her first DTV ended up grossing a respectable amount. What's more, she did it when the DTVs weren't as niche as they are now. Sales decreased the further along they went, and her 2009 movie out grossed a lot of the Batman ones that came out after her. So they only tried twice with her on the DTV front, and the first one wasn't exactly a failure.

And agreed, DTVs aren't the same as an animated series. Bloodlines not doing well isn't an indicator how a serialized cartoon would do.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-19-2021 at 07:46 PM.

WW84 also did well on streaming. Better than the Snydercut according to some charts I've seen. You think that would be incentive enough.

I think the higher ups have no clue, are out of touch with the audience and some simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    WW84 also did well on streaming. Better than the Snydercut according to some charts I've seen. You think that would be incentive enough.

I think the higher ups have no clue, are out of touch with the audience and some simply don't care.
    Why is WW always surrounded by people that don't care. It looks like a curse. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Yes, the hype for WW84 was down to interest in the character and goodwill from the first movie. The movie itself was a letdown once we saw it, but the streaming numbers it DID do and helped launch their platform should tell them even if the execution was off, there was an initial interest. And still probably a great deal for WW3

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not claiming Superman fans have it worse, because they definitely don't. They (or we) have a couple other things to at least fall back on at least. There definitely is a feeling of "can we get a nice thing and bask in it for a little bit before you dump some crap on us?" Whereas WW fans are used to not getting much of anything to offset the crap.

But as a fan of both Supes and WW, this is tiresome. I don't think Injustice WW is really for the benefit of Superman. Maybe that is the intention on the part of the creative team, but it's not like Supes fans are clamoring for Evil Superman and his Lady Macbeth to begin with and he still has everything else wrong with his own portrayal. So it's like...who in the two fandoms is benefiting from this? Are they trying pit the fandoms against each other so Batman remains unscathed?

Why is this dumb crap so popular that we can't escape it?
    That's fair, fandom wars are pointless but yes, it's easy to get sucked into them. Think I'm just not looking forward to this meaning IJ3 is probably on the way so we'll be seeing more of this version of Diana and more "slay queen" nonsense down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's fair, fandom wars are pointless but yes, it's easy to get sucked into them. Think I'm just not looking forward to this meaning IJ3 is probably on the way so we'll be seeing more of this version of Diana and more "slay queen" nonsense down the road.
    Oddly, Cheetah seems to be ok in the Injustice verse.

Or at least I haven't heard as many complaints, kinda sucks she has to be around such a crappy Diana

I would think that Wonder Woman cartoon is in the cards now. It has to be at this point.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I would think that Wonder Woman cartoon is in the cards now. It has to be at this point.
    One would think they would've capitalized off of the first films success but...they didnt do anything until 2 years later.