Page 24 of 127 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Its an Injustice direct to dvd/streaming animated film from a studio that's been consistently on a B+ movie quality. At best we might get a sentence.
    Generous on your part to describe most of them as B-movies.

I’m pretty grateful I haven’t seen any VA listed for Steve, Cheetah, or Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Generous on your part to describe most of them as B-movies.

I’m pretty grateful I haven’t seen any VA listed for Steve, Cheetah, or Ares.
    Yeah, I have to be somewhat generous, there use to be some seriously good stories they adapted/made. I liked Long-Halloween, both parts, though I'm guessing the comic is way better.

And lol, like DC would actually give WW rouges a part let alone a voice actor in an universe spanning movie. We have to see every Batman/Superman/Flash villain for the 100th time.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yeah, I have to be somewhat generous, there use to be some seriously good stories they adapted/made. I liked Long-Halloween, both parts, though I'm guessing the comic is way better.

And lol, like DC would actually give WW rouges a part let alone a voice actor in an universe spanning movie. We have to see every Batman/Superman/Flash villain for the 100th time.
    Eh, I don't think Flash has it much better than WW in the villains department. The animated movies seem to favor Reverse Flash 80% of the time...

Also does Flash have an animated movie? I mean...Flash-Point is barley a Flash movie.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-28-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Eh, I don't think Flash has it much better than WW in the villains department. The animated movies seem to favor Reverse Flash 80% of the time...

Also does Flash have an animated movie? I mean...Flash-Point is barley a Flash movie.
    Yeah, that's a good point. Guess I added the Flash tv show in my mind also not realizing that that version of those characters are also kind of meh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Goes to show that, unless your name is Clark or Bruce, DC doesn't give a **** about making your villains shine. The Flash has an amazing group of villains that only Geoff Johns made good use of for a brief moment. Imagine how awesome it'd be if DC had given the villains of WW and Flash the same long-time TLC across all media that they have always given Supes' and Bat's rogues.

I think his villains still fair better than Diana's in terms of variety. Grodd was a major villain in DCAU, while Cheetah and Giganta were just fodder. Injustice 2 had three Flash's villains, but it's only Cheetah for Wonder Woman. JL Doom had Mirror Master and JLA:Trapped in Time had Captain Cold, but it's Cheetah again for Wonder Woman. Suicide Squad has Captain Boomerang, but it's either Cheetah or nobody for Wonder Woman. Am I noticing a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think his villains still fair better than Diana's in terms of variety. Grodd was a major villain in DCAU, while Cheetah and Giganta were just fodder. Injustice 2 had three Flash's villains, but it's only Cheetah for Wonder Woman. JL Doom had Mirror Master and JLA:Trapped in Time had Captain Cold, but it's Cheetah again for Wonder Woman. Suicide Squad has Captain Boomerang, but it's either Cheetah or nobody for Wonder Woman. Am I noticing a pattern here?
    Hmmm, I forgot Captain Boomerang was a Flash villain…

I mean, after Bloodlines I think Diana has had more villains on-screen than anyone in the animated movies department (except Batman )

I mean, after Bloodlines I think Diana has had more villains on-screen than anyone in the animated movies department (except Batman )
    Truly a case of quantity over quality in Bloodlines, for those who haven't seen that movie.

I'd say she's about even with Flash since The Rogues were all in the intro scene for Flashpoint Paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    OTOH, it did cement Cheetah as Diana's archenemy.

I think there was another thread where posters talked about how Cheetah stuck as the archenemy even though Circe, Devastation and Cale were all set up as contenders for the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    OTOH, it did cement Cheetah as Diana's archenemy.

I think there was another thread where posters talked about how Cheetah stuck as the archenemy even though Circe, Devastation and Cale were all set up as contenders for the top spot.
    Yes, Cheetah's popularity in television is what made her Diana's arch enemy. And the title of "arch enemy" is more-so a popularity competition than artists intent, same thing happened with Ultra-huminite who was supposed to be Superman's arch as per the creators intent, but lost to Lex for the same reason; popularity. Actually, I wonder if Superfriends is also what made Lex Luthor Superman's arch...

At this point, comics aren't popular enough to challenge film or tv for public opinion, and no one on the TV side is really even making an effort on that front.

Actually, the only way I could see comics challenging public opinion is through Youtube videos, which have tens of thousands to millions of views. If someone in comics where to write a compelling enough arc to make it to main-stream, and eventually to Youtube, that could maybe do something.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-30-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Yes, Cheetah's popularity in television is what made her Diana's arch enemy. And the title of "arch enemy" is more-so a popularity competition than artists intent, same thing happened with Ultra-huminite who was supposed to be Superman's arch as per the creators intent, but lost to Lex for the same reason; popularity. Actually, I wonder if Superfriends is also what made Lex Luthor Superman's arch...

At this point, comics aren't popular enough to challenge film or tv, and no one on the TV side is really even making an effort on that front.
    Superfriends definitely built up Lex as the Big Bad who leads the other villains against the heroes.

At this point, comics aren't popular enough to challenge film or tv, and no one on the TV side is really even making an effort on that front.
    I think even by Super Friends, Lex had long surpassed Ultra-Humanite as Superman's main arch.

Though not to say Supes rogues gallery hasn't also been influenced by media. Zod pretty much coasted on Terrance Stamp's portrayal as a Superman villain until he started getting more use in Superman comics in the late-2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think even by Super Friends, Lex had long surpassed Ultra-Humanite as Superman's main arch.

Though not to say Supes rogues gallery hasn't also been influenced by media. Zod pretty much coasted on Terrance Stamp's portrayal as a Superman villain until he started getting more use in Superman comics in the late-2000s.
    Yeah, I could see Lex being more "Silver Age friendly' than Ultra-Humanite, who is basically a Frankenstein gorilla man.

I also forgot Ultra-Humanite dies right before Lex show's up. So I guess their intent was to use-'em and loose-'em.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-30-2021 at 02:22 PM.

At this point, comics aren't popular enough to challenge film or tv for public opinion, and no one on the TV side is really even making an effort on that front.

Actually, the only way I could see comics challenging public opinion is through Youtube videos, which have tens of thousands to millions of views. If someone in comics where to write a compelling enough arc to make it to main-stream, and eventually to Youtube, that could maybe do something.
    I think in Humanite's case, he simply stopped appearing after initially fighting Superman. Then Lex showed up and he stuck around hell of a lot longer while Humanite ended up getting revamped as a JSA and later Power Girl rogue.

There is a lot of YT channels surrounding comics already. The main problem with American comics, especially DC/Marvel, is the poor distribution model, Manga sells milions of copies world wide so it's not like the comic medium is dying. I think doubling down on digital is probably the way to go. Make every comic from 1938 to 1999 freely available online. Restart Vertigo with lucrative offers for creators to have their creator owned comics that could easily be adapted. Have those same creators also work on the mainline DC titles. Do soft reboots of characters, avoid hard reboots and anything that doesn't fit in with the mainline can be done as an Elseworlds title.