Page 25 of 128 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think in Humanite's case, he simply stopped appearing after initially fighting Superman. Then Lex showed up and he stuck around hell of a lot longer while Humanite ended up getting revamped as a JSA and later Power Girl rogue.

There is a lot of YT channels surrounding comics already. The main problem with American comics, especially DC/Marvel, is the poor distribution model, Manga sells milions of copies world wide so it's not like the comic medium is dying. I think doubling down on digital is probably the way to go. Make every comic from 1938 to 1999 freely available online. Restart Vertigo with lucrative offers for creators to have their creator owned comics that could easily be adapted. Have those same creators also work on the mainline DC titles. Do soft reboots of characters, avoid hard reboots and anything that doesn't fit in with the mainline can be done as an Elseworlds title.
    Yeah, on second thought Humanite is probably not the best example, since S&S killed him off (although it was common for villains to "die" back then) and then replaced him with Lex almost imminently and never brought him back.

I don't think the comic medium is dying, but, I don't know if the root of Manga is the way to go, per-say. At least in terms of boosting how many copies they sell.

I think what they are doing with Webtoon is a good start though.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-30-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think even by Super Friends, Lex had long surpassed Ultra-Humanite as Superman's main arch.

Though not to say Supes rogues gallery hasn't also been influenced by media. Zod pretty much coasted on Terrance Stamp's portrayal as a Superman villain until he started getting more use in Superman comics in the late-2000s.
    Yep, Zod is seen as Superman’s #2 solely because he keeps getting used in movies (and nowhere else weirdly enough although that can be chalked up to STAS not using him due to the “no Kryptonians besides Kal”). Another example is Mr. Freeze, he was so forgotten before BTAS that he showed up in Limbo in Morrison’s Animal Man run. BTAS completely reinvigorated him.

That’s why Diana would massively benefit from a WWTAS. There’s so many aspects of her lore you just can’t cover in a 2 hour long movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    There was a rumor on reddit a month ago... so maybe?

If it is true, I hope Mairghread Scott is head writer.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh God, I need it to be.

That’s a very liberal reading of his words. Sounds more like he’s trying to make it happen then confirming it actually is happening. They’ve made pitches before that WB has rejected.

In short: no it’s not a confirmation yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

That would be great news.

Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s a very liberal reading of his words. Sounds more like he’s trying to make it happen then confirming it actually is happening. They’ve made pitches before that WB has rejected.

In short: no it’s not a confirmation yet.
    Wonder Woman has had a long history of failed pilot pitches.

IIRC, Justice Society: WWII was created from the leftovers of a failed Wonder Woman animated series pitch, that would have chronicled her journey throughout the 20 and 21st century.

If it’s true, I’m expecting it will guest star Batman in one half of the episodes and Harley Quinn in the other half of the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wonder Woman has had a long history of failed pilot pitches.

IIRC, Justice Society: WWII was created from the leftovers of a failed Wonder Woman animated series pitch, that would have chronicled her journey throughout the 20 and 21st century.
    Yeah, hearing it was scrapped from another failed pitch pretty much killed my interest in that movie. Than Injustice killed my interest in all of DC’s animation division.

If it’s true, I’m expecting it will guest star Batman in one half of the episodes and Harley Quinn in the other half of the episodes.
    I know we're cynical but I have better expectations for a solo cartoon...presuming Bruce Timm isn't on the creative team .

Yeah, hearing it was scrapped from another failed pitch pretty much killed my interest in that movie. Than Injustice killed my interest in all of DC’s animation division.
    Would another Batman series garner you’re interested again?

Harley Quinn's cartoon is about to get a third season, while Wonder Woman still has zero. Just let that sink in...

I mean I true the animated department more than the comics. And with how popular Injustice I'm not surprised. So far we haven't seen main cannon Wonder Woman in the new universe. Let's hope she gets her own movie

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know we're cynical but I have better expectations for a solo cartoon...presuming Bruce Timm isn't on the creative team
    Right my mistake. Got to make sure there’s room for Superman and Joker’s guest spots also.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Would another Batman series garner you’re interested again?
    Sure.