Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    lol, were the animation team forced to do this? Sounds like nobody involved in it had their heart in it.
    My impression is “yes”. That they had the guy who wrote Hush handle this tells me they didn’t care too much about adapting it “accurately” (and boy oh boy does it take some liberties). Would have thought this would be right up their alley but seems not, seems they didn’t have much interest in this. Not complaining
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

lol, were the animation team forced to do this? Sounds like nobody involved in it had their heart in it.
    I'm sure there's a docket list of stuff DC Animation is told to adapt and given how many they've been cranking out like an assembly line, I doubt many of these are really passion projects. The stars just aligned for once in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My impression is “yes”. That they had the guy who wrote Hush handle this tells me they didn’t care too much about adapting it “accurately” (and boy oh boy does it take some liberties). Would have thought this would be right up their alley but seems not, seems they didn’t have much interest in this. Not complaining
    The guy who wrote Hush also wrote the TLH adaptation which was much better received than the former.

I'm glad this isn't going down well. The last thing we need an Injustice movie series akin to the Nu52 movie series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm sure there's a docket list of stuff DC Animation is told to adapt and given how many they've been cranking out like an assembly line, I doubt many of these are really passion projects. The stars just aligned for once in this instance.
    Yeah, whenever you hear about any of the work that goes into making these show or movies, it sounds like an absolutely miserable and exhausting process and the makers still have to smile and act like everything is fine on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This has probably been true for years now. Like, I don't think Apokolips War was supposed to be the big finale of the previous shared universe, but they diminishing returns led them to pull the plug. So: everyone dies and Flash erases everything.
    Even Bloodlineswas only thrown together to capitalize on the WW movie's success...not because anyone involved actually wanted to make it. Which is why it came out two years after the first movie and was just a three or four different stories cobbled together.

I miss when DC's animated movies actually meant something and had some quality to them. And it would be nice if they had a more varied line-up instead of Batman, Batman, Justice League, Batman, Justice League, Batman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Justice League.

Yeah, the older DTV movies had more more finesse but way too 'safe' and didn't take risk.

The later Nu52 ones and the non Nu52 movies that came out in the same time had a bit more variety and at least seemed to be *trying* to do characters besides Batman or the JL (Flashpoint, JL vs Titans, Titans Judas Contract, JLD) but were forced to add them in anyway.

I can only imagine some higher up making decision based purely on data and numbers and deemed no project will succeed without Batman being in it and are unwilling to take any sort of creative risk with these projects.

The guy who wrote Hush also wrote the TLH adaptation which was much better received than the former.

I'm glad this isn't going down well. The last thing we need an Injustice movie series akin to the Nu52 movie series.

Yeah, whenever you hear about any of the work that goes into making these show or movies, it sounds like an absolutely miserable and exhausting process and the makers still have to smile and act like everything is fine on social media.
    You sure? Ernie Altbacker wrote Hush and Tim Sheridan wrote TLH. Don’t see Sheridan’s name listed as having wrote Injustice.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My understanding is that the producers meet with WB and they hash out what movies they want on both sides and then move forward from there.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I did like Diana's costume design and general look in the film, probably the best pants design I've seen, and the mannerism has been dialed way back. As for the film itself, it was based on Injustice, based either on a game I never played or books I never read, so expectations were low.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You sure? Ernie Altbacker wrote Hush and Tim Sheridan wrote TLH. Don’t see Sheridan’s name listed as having wrote Injustice.
    I went and checked and I sit corrected.

There was an article a while back referring to both of them being written by the same person. Must have been referring to Loeb and either I or the writer of said article made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    This has probably been true for years now. Like, I don't think Apokolips War was supposed to be the big finale of the previous shared universe, but they diminishing returns led them to pull the plug. So: everyone dies and Flash erases everything.
    Even Bloodlineswas only thrown together to capitalize on the WW movie's success...not because anyone involved actually wanted to make it. Which is why it came out two years after the first movie and was just a three or four different stories cobbled together.

I miss when DC's animated movies actually meant something and had some quality to them. And it would be nice if they had a more varied line-up instead of Batman, Batman, Justice League, Batman, Justice League, Batman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Justice League.
    Yeah, you can tell it wasn't something they were leading up to given how they were starting to phase out the New 52 elements with stuff like Supes, Bats, and WW going for Rebirth/Classic inspired outfits. Dollar store Infinity War/Endgame pretty much.

It's actually kind of funny going back to their earlier films like WW or GL that didn't get sequels because the answer at the time was they didn't make enough to warrant sequels. Nowadays I'm pretty sure they'd kill for those numbers, even the Batman ones don't broach those numbers anymore, though I imagine VOD has probably cut hard into physical bluray/dvd sales.

the more I hear about the film the more depressed I get.

Should I just resign myself to these types of DC animated films?
    The J-man

We might have to wait a bit before we get good stuff again until then there is non DC stuff to watch, which is what I do.

Wish they would make animated shows directly for streaming and I don't mean just YJ, or the new Batman and Superman show.

Looked up a few of the scenes out of morbid curiosity. Have to agree with Vordan, Diana's VA doesn't particularly give off a Wonder Woman vibe but I guess since this is based off NRS and Tom Taylor's fascist bootlicker Superman fangirl that's probably a good thing but I wouldn't be interested in seeing more of the actress voicing Wonder Woman.

Sword and shield were also shown to be pretty worthless in comparison to when the lasso was used.

Cheetah has a cameo btw.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-11-2021 at 07:42 AM.

If you don't know, there's been some noise in Twitter Wonderfandom because Morena Baccarin has posted this

https://twitter.com/missmorenab/stat...ZHaHYfQ4g&s=19

I put it here bcs the main rumour is that she's going to voice WW (only rumours and hype, I'm afraid)

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    If you don't know, there's been some noise in Twitter Wonderfandom because Morena Baccarin has posted this

https://twitter.com/missmorenab/stat...ZHaHYfQ4g&s=19

I put it here bcs the main rumour is that she's going to voice WW (only rumours and hype, I'm afraid)
    That would be kinda funny since she voiced Cheetah in the Brave and the Bold.