Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, Hades was one of Hippolyta's lover in JLU. He claims he is her father but Diana rejects him in that universe and says she knows who she is and doesn't owe him anything.
    I think JLU Diana still had the clay origin, and Hades said that he was there helping her make Diana from clay?

Then again, now that I wrote it down, that sounds like they were hiding kinky sex from the censors lol.

Yeah, she is a cougar not a cat.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ah, those first 30 seconds are probably some of the worst WW-related moments in any form of medium.

A+, Dini.
    At least Batman Beyond makes sure Bruce ends up alone lol.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think JLU Diana still had the clay origin, and Hades said that he was there helping her make Diana from clay?

Then again, now that I wrote it down, that sounds like they were hiding kinky sex from the censors lol.
    Yeah, Diana still had the clay origin in the Justice League cartoon; Hades specifically says that he and Hyppolyta sculpted her together. Hades also says he wasn't initially aware of who Diana was - in relation to himself - because she was brought to life after he was condemned to Tartarus.

I want the original clay origin in which Diana was sculpted by Hyppolyta alone, but if Diana absolutely must have a dad (who shouldn't be Zeus for a number of reasons) for whatever reason, I'd prefer the "sculpted her together" version that was used in the JLU cartoon. At least then some of the wonder, imagination and uniqueness to her origin is retained.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Yeah, Diana still had the clay origin in the Justice League cartoon; Hades specifically says that he and Hyppolyta sculpted her together. Hades also says he wasn't initially aware of who Diana was - in relation to himself - because she was brought to life after he was condemned to Tartarus.

I want the original clay origin in which Diana was sculpted by Hyppolyta alone, but if Diana absolutely must have a dad (who shouldn't be Zeus for a number of reasons) for whatever reason, I'd prefer the "sculpted her together" version that was used in the JLU cartoon. At least then some of the wonder, imagination and uniqueness to her origin is retained.
    Yeah I guess if a "father" is needed for Diana's origin then doing it like JLU would be better, but honestly, that retcon with Hades was odd, it was randomly revealed at the end of the episode, Hades never showed a hint that he's Diana's father, she doesn't care to the point she doesn't use the lasso on him, or ask about it to Hippolyta in the very next scene... It's such a random detail to bring up for no reason and it does nothing for her character, and Hades doesn't show up in episodes after this too, so it also adds nothing to him.

Watching that episode again, man, it kinda sucked, feels like it should've been a two parter, but it's just in one, so we get the very silly moment where Faust teleports Diana and Shayera to where Hades is, Diana frees him, and he teleports them back to Faust, all within like, 2 minutes, it's so rushed lol.

Yeah I guess if a "father" is needed for Diana's origin then doing it like JLU would be better, but honestly, that retcon with Hades was odd, it was randomly revealed at the end of the episode, Hades never showed a hint that he's Diana's father, she doesn't care to the point she doesn't use the lasso on him, or ask about it to Hippolyta in the very next scene... It's such a random detail to bring up for no reason and it does nothing for her character, and Hades doesn't show up in episodes after this too, so it also adds nothing to him.
    I actually liked that Diana no-sells the "revelation." Just gets annoyed and shuts it down without a second thought. Gail Simone did something similar during her run when Cottos declared he was technically Diana's father because the clay Hippolyta used came from him. Completely sandbags it and tells him to shut-up.

It's like they knew Diana having a father is really stupid, so they have her respond to idea with utter contempt.

I can only imagine Hippolyta and Hades reenacting *that* scene from Ghost.

Gail Simone did say that she received constant pressure to give Diana a father figure or a bigger male presence in her backstory. I wonder if the JLU writers felt the same pressure given how 'thrown in' in the Hades element feels.

If Diana absolutely must have a father and there is absolutely no way out of it, bar none, then the only option I would accept is Prince Theno: http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/...-womans-father

Since he was the first instance of DC trying to give Diana a father plus he is a prince and not a God and unlike Zeus, isn't used to explain why Diana has her powers.

Let's not even entertain the idea that the wish fulfillment of a woman sculpted as the idol of a lesbian utopia would ever need the hands of a man within her birth or childhood. Steve Trevor is the first man she meets and the one that incites in her the desire to see the world out there.

All tgese things make sense and we don't need to bother with other ideas that make absolutely no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I actually liked that Diana no-sells the "revelation." Just gets annoyed and shuts it down without a second thought. Gail Simone did something similar during her run when Cottos declared he was technically Diana's father because the clay Hippolyta used came from him. Completely sandbags it and tells him to shut-up.

It's like they knew Diana having a father is really stupid, so they have her respond to idea with utter contempt.
    Largely agreed with this.

One of the nice things about the second season of JLU was that they had very few bad decisions with WW. There wasn't anything particularly epic, but nothing like JLU season one that were pretty infuriating. They seemed to embrace more of the WW comics of the day and tried to fix some glaring issues like no Lasso of Truth. And as for Hades paternity, I just like to assume he was lying, though I suppose the writers would rather we believe that he was telling the truth but WW just doesn't care one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Huh, that makes it less bad at least lol.

I can only imagine Hippolyta and Hades reenacting *that* scene from Ghost.
    Is it a scene where two characters use clay in a way that looks weirdly erotic? 'Cause if so I have no idea how I even know about that lol.

Gail Simone did say that she received constant pressure to give Diana a father figure or a bigger male presence in her backstory. I wonder if the JLU writers felt the same pressure given how 'thrown in' in the Hades element feels.
    Huh, if that's the case, then it's similar to how Superman's cartoon managed to introduce Supergirl during that dumb mandate that prevented Kryptonians besides him from being used, she's not from Krypton, she's from not-Krypton, it's kinda genius lol.

So Diana gets a father figure in her life, immediately dismisses it, and it stops mattering in the very next scene, and isn't mentioned anymore, yeah... Probably the best possible way for her to have a father in a way that is easily ignorable.

If Diana absolutely must have a father and there is absolutely no way out of it, bar none, then the only option I would accept is Prince Theno: http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/...-womans-father

Since he was the first instance of DC trying to give Diana a father plus he is a prince and not a God and unlike Zeus, isn't used to explain why Diana has her powers.
    Honestly, this Theno guy from what is described there is barely a character to begin with, only is there to give Hippolyta some grief, and what I checked in issues #130 and #132, he's used as an excuse for Hippolyta to get the fuck away from Hercules.

Hippolyta kicking Hercules' ass in issue#132 was kinda funny though lol.

Also her trolling him in #130:

Wonder how many of those issues have Hippolyta trolling Hercules as "revenge" when he's too much of an obnoxious ass (Which seems to be all the time) lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-14-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We got to see the Wonder Woman very briefly in todays YJ all in one scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We got to see the Wonder Woman very briefly in todays YJ all in one scene.
    For the first time ever we had Diana and both Wonder Girls in a scene together!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool.

Now cancel YJ (and clown lady's show also) and put the resources to a WW animated show so we can stop accepting scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cool.

Now cancel YJ (and clown lady's show also) and put the resources to a WW animated show so we can stop accepting scraps.
    Harley Quinn is a great show. Young Justice has had absolutely great content in the past (though this season has been weaker). There's no reason for us to want either of them cancelled. A Wonder Woman show COULD be great, but it could also be terrible, and even though I love Diana and her world, I don't want other great shows to be cancelled just to give her one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Harley Quinn is a great show. Young Justice has had absolutely great content in the past (though this season has been weaker). There's no reason for us to want either of them cancelled. A Wonder Woman show COULD be great, but it could also be terrible, and even though I love Diana and her world, I don't want other great shows to be cancelled just to give her one.
    I'm not calling for any show to be canceled but there isn't much excuse for not giving Diana her own solo cartoon.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It felt so weird and surreal. First time ever in animation and probably what? First time in 3-5 years? Maybe more outside of a comic cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It felt so weird and surreal. First time ever in animation and probably what? First time in 3-5 years? Maybe more outside of a comic cover?
    First time they've all been in a cartoon together and first time they've all been on-screen together.

I don't think we've even had it in the comics since, like, late Post-Crisis.