Page 49 of 128 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Not bad. I should check it out

Man they should get Amy Reeder to do a Wonder Woman animated anthology.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-26-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Not bad. I should check it out

Man they should get Amy Reeder to do a Wonder Woman animated anthology.
    If you do, just remember it was 1988 and the story makes little sense lol.

If you do, just remember it was 1988 and the story makes little sense lol.
    It was the 80's .

This design for Diana and Hippolyta is better than any of the more recent animated versions. Especially the hair.

I always heard that JSA was a failed WW seris concept but seeing the directors actual WORDS....Im not surprised but the fact that this was still their thinking 6 years ago....wow.

"This was before the first Wonder Woman movie came out; while we were pitching it, we found out that they were doing a World War I take on Wonder Woman. And I thought it would be good to do this as a series, but the development didn't last long because they didn't think Wonder Woman had legs, not until the movie came out that they realized 'Oh shit, this is a moneymaker.' So I just took some of the ideas that we had for that series and applied them towards this film."
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...-woman-series/

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Wonder Woman not having a cartoon feels weird considering that there's numerous examples in recent years of successful cartoons featuring female protagonists (Carmen Santiego, Star Vs the Forces of Evil, She-Ra, the Owl House etc.) A series about a young Wonder Woman learning about the outside world while fighting monsters and supervillains would do very well in this day and age. The premise lends itself well to a combination of fantasy and humor which is a popular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Where the hell is that even from lol.
    I searched "wonder woman guns" and it came up. Apparently, it's from the New 52 Wonder Woman series. I've never read it so I don't know if that provides context.

It's too big to post in full so here's a link to the full cover.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-27-2021 at 01:57 PM.

I always heard that JSA was a failed WW seris concept but seeing the directors actual WORDS....Im not surprised but the fact that this was still their thinking 6 years ago....wow.
    Meanwhile, Netflix is giving us She-Ra, Tomb Raider and Carmen Sandiago. Nickelodeon gave us Legend of Korra. Marvel is giving the audience Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, a Dora Milage series is in the works, Captain Carter might be getting a solo animated follow up.

In the meantime, DC/WB can't decide if the most popular superheroine in the world might have legs. That argument was prevalent but didn't make much sense in the 90's and 00's, it makes even less in the current decade when female leads are are even more normalized across different mediums.

Now you see why all we got were Batman cartoon series until recently. And why it took until now for a WW game.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Meanwhile, Netflix is giving us She-Ra, Tomb Raider and Carmen Sandiago. Nickelodeon gave us Legend of Korra. Marvel is giving the audience Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, a Dora Milage series is in the works, Captain Carter might be getting a solo animated follow up.
    Disney's done some good female-led cartoons but I wouldn't count the Disney+ Marvel Studios shows.

This one never made sense to me. I mean, I played the Apple II games. I watched the PBS and the Fox Kids shows. Carmen is an odd choice for a hero. Never in my life did I think I wanted Carmen to be a sympathetic character.

I guess if you wanted to be really cynical, you could say Carmen and Harley Quinn are getting shows when most DC female heroes can't.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    This one never made sense to me. I mean, I played the Apple II games. I watched the PBS and the Fox Kids shows. Carmen is an odd choice for a hero. Never in my life did I think I wanted Carmen to be a sympathetic character.

I guess if you wanted to be really cynical, you could say Carmen and Harley Quinn are getting shows when most DC female heroes can't.
    Yeah, it was a really fun show, but it was a weird spin turning the antagonist into a hero but I guess when she's the most recognizable character and you want to spin it for kids...although they kind of brought it full circle in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it was a really fun show, but it was a weird spin turning the antagonist into a hero but I guess when she's the most recognizable character and you want to spin it for kids...although they kind of brought it full circle in the finale.
    We're in the age of "you thought the villain was the bad guy but you don't know the TRUE story where they're actually the hero" thanks to the likes of Maleficent and now Cruella.

We're in the age of "you thought the villain was the bad guy but you don't know the TRUE story where they're actually the hero" thanks to the likes of Maleficent and now Cruella.
    True...but sometimes you just want villainous ladies to be villainous.

I like how the budget for hair movement was only used for the last bit.

Also, the way this loops almost makes it look like Diana is thrown at the wall, she jumps, then the cyclops grabs her and throws her at the wall... Loop forever lol.

Curses! Foiled by character development!
    Some development considering it made her look stronger than Supes and Diana combined lol.

Maybe if she was around when Luthor started to use Amazon, this, post-character-development-power-up could make Jessica kick his ass before Amazo manages to copy her powers, and if he did manage to copy her powers, well, he'd probably become the strongest being in existence :P.

I thought the first sequence of the League meeting the Crime Syndicate and fighting off some of the evil versions of heroes was pretty fun and a good way to introduce them to the world, along with Flash dealing with evil!Looker's "not the Jedi Mind Trick."
    It had its moments but, it felt off, specially the way Ultraman is so easily defeated, the second half's fights had the right mood for a battle like this.

Added a tang of bitter-sweetness and shows J'onn's sensitive side =).
    Yeah, but it was still a sudden soulmate-like romance that goes nowhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I searched "wonder woman guns" and it came up. Apparently, it's from the New 52 Wonder Woman series. I've never read it so I don't know if that provides context.

It's too big to post in full so here's a link to the full cover.
    Man that's an actual fucking cover, not even a silly variant cover too lol.

At the very least, it does, somewhat, make sense with the story, checking it out quickly here, they get weapons from Hephaestus and he gives her those guns:

(Wonder Woman#8 vol 4)

She doesn't actually use them on the issue itself by the way, she gives them to candle guy (Think he's New 52's Ares?) and then he shoots her, so yeah, only makes somewhat sense for a cover lol.

Surprised that last panel wasn't memed, it has potential lol.

Meanwhile, Netflix is giving us She-Ra, Tomb Raider and Carmen Sandiago.
    Tomb Raider has some? Which Lara? Would prefer if it's the classic one, or maybe even Legends, don't care too much about the second reboot one lol.

Nickelodeon gave us Legend of Korra. Marvel is giving the audience Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, a Dora Milage series is in the works, Captain Carter might be getting a solo animated follow up.
    Don't forget Dora the Explorer .

In the meantime, DC/WB can't decide if the most popular superheroine in the world might have legs. That argument was prevalent but didn't make much sense in the 90's and 00's, it makes even less in the current decade when female leads are are even more normalized across different mediums.
    DC/Warner have some weird sexism around, like, apparently YJ has quite a popularity with women, it got cancelled back in season 2 'cause they didn't think women would buy merchandise lol.

Fucking Cruella got this shit? Really? I know that Maleficent is technically worse, but Cruella is a literal dog kicker, and audiences react more to dogs being mistreated than humans being killed, and Disney decided to say Cruella is not so evil? Damn lol.

True...but sometimes you just want villainous ladies to be villainous.
    Imagine Circe of all people getting this treatment.

Like maybe she could get a bit more depth than what she usually has, but, at the end of the day, she's evil and she loves it, and that's fun enough, neither heroes or villains need that much depth, specially if they become some melodramatic nonsense that barely resembles the original, and worse, isn't nearly as fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

She doesn't actually use them on the issue itself by the way, she gives them to candle guy (Think he's New 52's Ares?) and then he shoots her, so yeah, only makes somewhat sense for a cover lol.
    Candle dude is Hades. I think. Gosh, it's been a while...

DC/Warner have some weird sexism around, like, apparently YJ has quite a popularity with women, it got cancelled back in season 2 'cause they didn't think women would buy merchandise lol.
    I think it's along those lines, with a slight modification. I think it was that shows that were pitched were favored if they appealed to young boys, and then shows that didn't sell toys got canceled. Green Lantern was accepted because it had the potential to appeal to boys, but the toys sales weren't good so it didn't get a second season.

Fucking Cruella got this shit? Really? I know that Maleficent is technically worse, but Cruella is a literal dog kicker, and audiences react more to dogs being mistreated than humans being killed, and Disney decided to say Cruella is not so evil? Damn lol.
    Cruella fails as a "true origin story" for the character. If you don't care about continuity, it can be entertaining, and of course there are Easter eggs. But if you want to know how she becomes evil and all that, you're going to be disappointed. It's one of those movies that really comes across as an algorithmic, shameless cash grab.