Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume Wonder Woman would probably have had an easier time fighting her in a headlong confrontation that Catwoman does here. Although I'm guessing Diana isn't even mentioned in the movie in relation to Barbara.
    Barbara does mention fighting Wonder Woman in the past. Which makes it even worse. Does that mean Catwoman is more powerful and competent than Diana if she managed to put a stop to Cheetah?

So she doesn't have her super-speed (is it because she's Kaiju big)? Also sounds like her strength/invulnerability is inconsistent
    She's pretty slow for a villain named after the fastest animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She didn't outrun Cheetah because they made it to where Cheetah never really chased her. She took her time going after Selina. I dont even remember her hurting Cheetah. She dropping some poles on her that very temporarily delayed Cheetah.
    I mean the whole fight is basically Selina running away from Cheetah and evading her punches. And she kicked her in the face a couple of times and Cheetah felt it (which begs the question how the hell can she take a punch from WW?), not to mention Selina choking her with a freaking whip.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She wasn't treated as a powerhouse. And by the way. A mid tier would and should still be way out of peak human league. So even if Cheetah was just a mid tier, she would still be far above peak human level in stats. So yea, no excuse.
    Again, I'll have to wait to see how it's depicted in the movie myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Barbara does mention fighting Wonder Woman in the past. Which makes it even worse. Does that mean Catwoman is more powerful and competent than Diana if she managed to put a stop to Cheetah?
    I'm glad they acknowleged Wonder Woman. My takeaway isn't she's not more powerful or competent than Diana, she just had to win through different means than Diana would have.
    That was my first takeaway when they made her so huge. She should be lithe, not like Giganta as a Cheetah.
    I mean the whole fight is basically Selina running away from Cheetah and evading her punches. And she kicked her in the face a couple of times and Cheetah felt it (which begs the question how the hell can she take a punch from WW?), not to mention Selina choking her with a freaking whip.
    ...Yeah, that sounds kind of concerning.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Again, I'll have to wait to see how it's depicted in the movie myself.

I'm glad they acknowleged Wonder Woman. My takeaway isn't she's not more powerful or competent than Diana, she just had to win through different means than Diana would have.

That was my first takeaway when they made her so huge. She should be lithe, not like Giganta as a Cheetah.

...Yeah, that sounds kind of concerning.
    The means are plot armor that made catwoman apparently just a bit below Cheetah's level. She was a weaklink yet again. psy-lock already described the whole fight accurately. catwoman>Cheetah. So catwoman=WW pretty much. Sigh.

Why do some people on this site have such a hard time admiting that Diana and her lore are usually portrayed as jobbers and weaklinks? I mean it hurts me too. But facts are facts. So many crummy performances in comics, movies, games etc. How can anybody deny it at this point?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Exactly. Evading during the whole fight. The whip was also by surprise and while even i thought it should've been quicker, it's thr most acceptable way to get her down for the count compared to Selinas takedowns in the comics.

Exactly. Evading during the whole fight. The whip was also by surprise and while even i thought it should've been quicker, it's thr most acceptable way to get her down for the count compared to Selinas takedowns in the comics.
    It's not more acceptable when it still is a crummy performance that makes Cheetah look like trash. Cheetah has a trashy reputation. And at this point is safe to say she is doomed to be trash forever. Even her silver screen debut treated her like weak trash.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Why do some people on this site have such a hard time admiting that Diana and her lore are usually portrayed as jobbers and weaklinks? I mean it hurts me too. But facts are facts. So many crummy performances in comics, movies, games etc. How can anybody deny it at this point?
    Same reason why some people can only talk about 1 subject.

That is not an explanation.

Because not everyone is interested in talking the same subject over and over and over and over ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Because not everyone is interested in talking the same subject over and over and over and over ad infinitum.
    I said why can't admit it. Some here have never admitted it even after so much evidence.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While I agree that complaining about power levels and jobbing ad infinitum wears thin very quickly-

this:

Still sounds pretty horrendous. And the clip of Barbara falling on the spikes is on Youtube, Selina somehow dodges a leap from one of the fastest metas on Earth and is able to flip her over?!

Extraordinary Member

*BOOM!*

10 characters
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What is she kidnapping the kids for? While she is (presumably) of sound mind,.

They're both awful, but in context the cannibalism is something forced on her by an outside curse and not something she planned for. Outside of killing Leavens for the initial ritual (because he was the only one around and it was her or him), Perez's Minerva would pick people who had some kind of karma coming to them for her targets. Still evil, but not one note.

Rebirth Barbara is even less of sound mind and has basically been reduced to an insane animal.
    I guess, this is where we differ. I like Cheetah as someone who is evil even if she has sympathetic points. She genuinely suffers from the curse but would rather keep her power than not.

To use, No Way Home as a comparison, I see Cheetah/Barbara Minerva as equivalent to Norman/Goblin; someone who is hubristic but still cursed due to their own quest for power and scoffs at Diana's morality and attempts to help her. Whereas I see Silver Swan/Vanessa as 'Doc Ock'; tragic victim of circumstances who can still ultimately be saved and redeemed'.

I'd have to watch it for myself to see how it's handled.

It doesn't sound like she straight up jobbed though.
    How in the heck was Selina, a normal human woman without any powers, able to outrun and avoid being caught by a magic-borne werecheetah who is allegedly [at least] as fast as her namesake? And considering that Cheetah in this case was a literal giantess, how the hell did her gigantic claws only scratch Selina's ribs? Like Bite The Bullet said, Cheetah blinks and Selina should be dead in two seconds. Anyway, I sould not be so worked up over this, but damn. No wonder Wonder Woman villains get no respect.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    How in the heck was Selina, a normal human woman without any powers, able to outrun and avoid being caught by a magic-borne werecheetah who is allegedly [at least] as fast as her namesake? And considering that Cheetah in this case was a literal giantess, how the hell did her gigantic claws only scratch Selina's ribs? Like Bite The Bullet said, Cheetah blinks and Selina should be dead in two seconds. Anyway, I sould not be so worked up over this, but damn. No wonder Wonder Woman villains get no respect.
    She should actually be faster than an ordinary Cheetah. Her speed is supposed to rival Flash's.