Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cheetah's a bigger name and villain than all of them.
    Catwoman alone is the biggest female character not named Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn that DC has. Cheetah doesn't even come close to the drawing power that Selina's name has. I doubt that Cheetah was chosen because she is a "big name."

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Catwoman alone is the biggest female character not named Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn that DC has. Cheetah doesn't even come close to the drawing power that Selina's name has. I doubt that Cheetah was chosen because she is a "big name."
    I'm not arguing that but Cheetah is still one of the biggest female villain names in comics. I think being a name, recognizable, villain helped a lot.

I'm not arguing that but Cheetah is still one of the biggest female villain names in comics. I think being a name, recognizable, villain helped a lot.
    "helped"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "helped"...
    Well, in the context of helping them pick someone to use .

I love seeing that recognized.

I'll probably watch Catwoman: Hunted mainly because I'm a completionist and need to see Cheetah, plus I'm on a Catwoman high right now, but let's be real: nobody's going to be putting much stock into this animated film.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Do you mean Alex Ross's Justice?

Priscilla has fewer appearances but they are usually good showings. On B:TB&TB, didn't she say she was boosted by the amulet of Urzkartaga hence her showing up Supes?

I think it all tracks back to her appearance on JL where she was just a scientist who experimented on felines and became a cat lady. Writers seem to stick with that as a default for some reason. Even though there were stuff like the 2009 WW movie and JL: Doom that showed she could be vicious threat.
    Yeah, it was Justice.

It's weird that James Tucker gave her arguably her best animated showing in B: TB&TB, but demoted her to a glorified cameo in exchange for Vanessa in Bloodlines. A rather uninspired extra at that. I wonder if he favors Priscilla over Barbara? Or maybe writers feel like they can lean into Priscilla being a crafty schemer because she's otherwise outmatched, but always treat Barbara as a dumb animal.

In what episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold did Priscilla Rich appear??

In what episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold did Priscilla Rich appear??
    Season 3 episode 8: Triumvirate of Terror!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

At this rate she’s going to be the only female villain name if DC keeps turning their female villains into anti-heroes.

Although they seem keen on replacing them after like Punchline and Gardener (I think… don’t know much about that one)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, it was Justice.

It's weird that James Tucker gave her arguably her best animated showing in B: TB&TB, but demoted her to a glorified cameo in exchange for Vanessa in Bloodlines. A rather uninspired extra at that. I wonder if he favors Priscilla over Barbara? Or maybe writers feel like they can lean into Priscilla being a crafty schemer because she's otherwise outmatched, but always treat Barbara as a dumb animal.
    I don't think it's a matter of preference so much as just trying to tell the story they had in mind and only having so much time with the characters. I don't think they were deliberately trying to snub Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Hippolyta being a badass

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, it was Justice.

I think they used Priscilla because the show was based heavily on the Golden and Silver Age even if they incorporated characters introduced in later eras. Hence fat Luthor and Supes and WW being drawn to look like their GA and SA era selves.

Bloodlines was meant to be about a villain besides Cheetah.

[QUOTE=Primal Slayer;5927080]Hippolyta being a badass

Who is that person she is decapitating?
    I am not gonna lie: I have always had a problem with the amazons being depicted as decapitation-happy "badasses". Is that man she killed a heartless villain that was about to murder countless innocent people in cold blood?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

[QUOTE=HestiasHearth;5927223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hippolyta being a badass

I am not gonna lie: I have always had a problem with the amazons being depicted as decapitation-happy "badasses". Is that man she killed a heartless villain that was about to murder countless innocent people in cold blood?
    I am pretty sure that was Ares

[QUOTE=HestiasHearth;5927223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hippolyta being a badass

[QUOTE=BiteTheBullet;5927279]

I am pretty sure that was Ares
    That's Ares and Hippolyta's son Thrax. Ares raped her and made her give birth to Thrax so he could use him as a weapon of war. Hippolyta killed him because he was carrying out his father's will.