Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I was more annoyed that they made him and Hippolyta lovers (kinda creepy considering he's her dad in the mythology). Heracles, Ares, Zeus, Hades in DCAU...It's really annoying how Hippolyta gets passed around the Pantheon between various adaptations and continuities.
    Seems DC cares about as much as who Hippolyta's sleeping with as they do her daughter.

Would it have been better if 'Ares' in the movie was renamed 'Heracles'?
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-23-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Would it have been better if 'Ares' in the name was renamed 'Heracles'?
    It would've changed the dynamic of the story slightly from an emotional standpoint. But it would've been one less God Hippolyta was attached to.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-21-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Which She-Ra cartoon? The new one?
    The new one yep. One of the writers on that is working on the Superman cartoon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The new one yep. One of the writers on that is working on the Superman cartoon.
    Hmm, Ok. I'm pretty "meh" on the new She-Ra cartoon, but writers can be a diverse bunch in their craft so I'm curious to see what they will bring to the table.

I'll be disappointed if she doesn't spin in the 3rd movie.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I cannot think of a worse situation in animation for Diana than an Injustice adaption. Good lord.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Does anyone fare ok in Injustice save for Batman characters (specifically just Batman it seems?)

I have no first hand experience with this sub-franchise, have no real desire to ever have any, and I know that Diana seems to fare the worst. Hal Jordan fans over in his thread seem open to seeing him in the DTV, does he fare ok? I haven't come across any glowing endorsements for him, but neither have I seen the same level of dread we get for Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also why does a fighting game need a plot, let a lone one that treats some of their biggest icons this horribly?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does anyone fare ok in Injustice save for Batman characters (specifically just Batman it seems?)

I have no first hand experience with this sub-franchise, have no real desire to ever have any, and I know that Diana seems to fare the worst. Hal Jordan fans over in his thread seem open to seeing him in the DTV, does he fare ok? I haven't come across any glowing endorsements for him, but neither have I seen the same level of dread we get for Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also why does a fighting game need a plot, let a lone one that treats some of their biggest icons this horribly?
    Does Dinah/Black Canary count as a Batman character? The comic treats her pretty damn well.

All things considered, the first IJ game is an alright, if edgelord, version of stuff like Justice Lords. It's main saving grace imo is the Regime counterparts all get beaten by their "good versions". So while there is a stupid amount of Bat-worship in the first game, it at least doesn't have Bats waltz through the all of them. The first game also benefits in that you can "fill-in-the blanks" of how characters like say Hal and Diana ended up siding with Superman. If it was a Justice League vs. Crime Syndicate game franchise, I wouldn't care.

The comic are where my ire for the Injustice Diana's characterization, and disdain for Tom Taylor as a WW writer, comes from. They do try to explain how characters like Hal end up supporting the regime (Sinestro essentially manipulated him ala Parallax/GL: Rebirth) but Taylor (and later writers) with Diana just went with "she was always evil" and doubled down on stuff like her one-sided crush on Superman and her pushing him to become SuperHitler.

They didn't try to explain how she ended up like she did until years later when the movie came out (this is the "Steve Trevor was Nazi and lied to her!" origin). Which I don't give really credit for since it just meant they were riding off the popularity of an actual good DC product.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    All things considered, the first IJ game is an alright, if edgelord, version of stuff like Justice Lords. It's main saving grace imo is the Regime counterparts all get beaten by their "good versions". So while there is a stupid amount of Bat-worship in the first game, it at least doesn't have Bats waltz through the all of them. The first game also benefits in that you can "fill-in-the blanks" of how characters like say Hal and Diana ended up siding with Superman. If it was a Justice League vs. Crime Syndicate game franchise, I wouldn't care.

The comic are where my ire for the Injustice Diana's characterization, and disdain for Tom Taylor as a WW writer, comes from. They do try to explain how characters like Hal end up supporting the regime (Sinestro essentially manipulated him ala Parallax/GL: Rebirth) but Taylor (and later writers) with Diana just went with "she was always evil" and doubled down on stuff like her one-sided crush on Superman and her pushing him to become SuperHitler.

They didn't try to explain how she ended up like she did until years later when the movie came out (this is the "Steve Trevor was Nazi and lied to her!" origin). Which I don't give really credit for since it just meant they were riding off the popularity of an actual good DC product.
    That is hilariously ill timed.

That is hilariously ill timed.
    Well Injustice is ultimately little else than an egdelord Frankenstein of moments from better DC stories and properties.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-23-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Hal is a ******* idiot in Injustice lmao, least Regime Hal is, but he does get redeemed so I get why they’re ok with it. Only Superman and WW are mustache twirlingly evil.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cheetah? It's practically a miracle in such a Bat-heavy franchise.

If we take the Injustice comics into account then Hawkman is the actual worst. Someone clearly had it in for him. In the games Diana is the worst, followed by Clark (but most heroes are terrible to some extent).