Page 78 of 128 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1909

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Now why the hell would they give her gold boots and gold bracelets??!! Just careless SMH.

And why is she so dark sigh
    Why would her skin being "so dark" be a problem?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Now why the hell would they give her gold boots and gold bracelets??!! Just careless SMH.

And why is she so dark sigh
    ....huh?

She's tan. She hails from an island that is sunshine almost year round. She aint gonna be pale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Aside from Krpyto and Ace (who doesn't appear to be Bruce's dog), all the others seem to be made up so it's not really surprising.
    The New 52 did give us ZEPHYR the WONDER BIRD, young Princess Diana's childhood eagle companion! Nothing against Jumpa, but, I just think Zephyr would look so good, between Krypto and Ace, ..like she fits - you know?

So much Brian-hate on these forums, I guess we can't even embrace a poor raptor. Anyway...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....huh?

She's tan. She hails from an island that is sunshine almost year round. She aint gonna be pale.
    Despite her origins, I think WW's become such an American icon that people forget sometimes that she wasn't born in the American Midwest.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Despite her origins, I think WW's become such an American icon that people forget sometimes that she wasn't born in the American Midwest.
    This is why Nicola Scott’s Diana is the best (and why I don’t like blonde Hippolyta). She should have some Mediterranean features, e.g. olive skin, thick eyebrows, strong nose, curly/wavy hair, etc.

It’s also one reason why I hate Alex Ross’ take on WW and don’t get why it’s popular. I like that he gives her some muscle but she looks like someone you’d see at the Minnesota State Fair (plus she just looks unfriendly - strong “I want to speak to the manager” vibes).

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    This is why Nicola Scott’s Diana is the best (and why I don’t like blonde Hippolyta). She should have some Mediterranean features, e.g. olive skin, thick eyebrows, strong nose, curly/wavy hair, etc.

It’s also one reason why I hate Alex Ross’ take on WW and don’t get why it’s popular. I like that he gives her some muscle but she looks like someone you’d see at the Minnesota State Fair (plus she just looks unfriendly - strong “I want to speak to the manager” vibes).
    OMG!!

Btw he has a real-life model who poses for his WW designs. He confirmed her to be Rhonda Hampton

This (very non-Mediterranean) model and Ross's artwork for the character is probably why some people have an opinion that someone like Jaimie Alexander is who Diana should look like.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-23-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Admittedly, I am a fan of Alex Ross' WW. That said, Alex Ross and I are both from the Chicagoland area, so there's that. He's also a big fan of Lynda Carter's WW, which I also am a big fan of.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

First time I've seen someone complain about Ross's WW. I always thought he drew her well; powerful, regal and compassionate.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The New 52 did give us ZEPHYR the WONDER BIRD, young Princess Diana's childhood eagle companion! Nothing against Jumpa, but, I just think Zephyr would look so good, between Krypto and Ace, ..like she fits - you know?

So much Brian-hate on these forums, I guess we can't even embrace a poor raptor. Anyway...
    I think an Eagle would be great since it is....part of her whole motif lol. I'm surprised we dont see more giant eagles flying around the island

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Was Zephyr the Wonder Bird in the Finch run or in a flashback in another title?

There wasn't an eagle in either of Azzarello's flashback issues that I recall.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....huh?

I know but here she just looks a bit tad darker than usual. Most artists don't draw her like tan idk why not it makes more sense. Dceu ww also should be tan

Spectacular Member

well you can be blonde & Mediterranean as I've been annoyingly told by ppl a trillion times.

Alex ww is very strong in the face like a dude ugh
    Last edited by Mysterious; 04-23-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

well you can be blonde & Mediterranean as I've been annoyingly told by ppl a trillion times.
    I do prefer blonde Hippolyta as I like it when she's more visually distinct from Diana. Perez, Jimenez and Scott can draw a very distinct Hippolyta from Diana even when she's brunette, but other artists can make them indistinguishable.

She absolutely should still have Mediterranean features though.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    OMG!!

Btw he has a real-life model who poses for his WW designs. He confirmed her to be Rhonda Hampton

This (very non-Mediterranean) model and Ross's artwork for the character is probably why some people have an opinion that someone like Jaimie Alexander is who Diana should look like.
    Isn't that either Mariel or Margo Hemingway?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Isn't that either Mariel or Margo Hemingway?
    D'oh. It is Mariel Hemingway indeed. The image kept appearing when I tried to search for alex ross model rhonda hampton

Also a rectification regarding Ross's Diana models. Apparently the model for Kingdom Come Diana was Lisa Beaderstadt, while Rhonda Hampton was the WW model for his Wizard magazine covers.