Page 79 of 126 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1887

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I do prefer blonde Hippolyta as I like it when she's more visually distinct from Diana. Perez, Jimenez and Scott can draw a very distinct Hippolyta from Diana even when she's brunette, but other artists can make them indistinguishable.

She absolutely should still have Mediterranean features though.
    I prefer dark haired Hippolyta. Blonde Hippolyta always felt like an excuse for creators to throw in a father for Diana.

Plus I like it when they are both drawn looking so alike.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....huh?

She's tan. She hails from an island that is sunshine almost year round. She aint gonna be pale.
    Does WW's level of durability make her resistant to sun tans? I imagine yes to sunburn, DNA damage, and melanoma.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Does WW's level of durability make her resistant to sun tans? I imagine yes to sunburn, DNA damage, and melanoma.
    But not to bullets that richochet off of a Man of Steel

Or she becomes even darker because melanin is about protecting you from the sun? :P

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I prefer dark haired Hippolyta. Blonde Hippolyta always felt like an excuse for creators to throw in a father for Diana.

Plus I like it when they are both drawn looking so alike.
    I think the blonde ones getting stuck with the baby daddy is just unfortunate coincidence, and not causation.

Earth One Hippolyta still has Hercules as a sperm donor and she's a brunette. Technically Rebirth Hippolyta still got pregnant by Zeus even though Rucka and Cloonrad clearly wished it otherwise

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Technically Rebirth Hippolyta still got pregnant by Zeus even though Rucka and Cloonrad clearly wished it otherwise
    Really? When did DC reverse the clay origin after Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Really? When did DC reverse the clay origin after Rebirth?
    DC never really went back to the clay origin. Rucka was just very careful to avoid any mention of Diana's conception in Year One.

Given how much Rucka's run was actively throwing out New 52 WW, a lot of fans (not unreasonably) assumed Daddy Zeus also went with it.

"assumed"?
    It is made explicit during James Robinson's run. She continues to be considered an Olympian and demi-goddess in subsequent runs. And even Cloonrad hints at her parental affiliation with Zeus.
    I think that the fact that He is her father will be a burden that we will have to bear forever and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    "assumed"?
    It is made explicit during James Robinson's run. She continues to be considered an Olympian and demi-goddess in subsequent runs. And even Cloonrad hints at her parental affiliation with Zeus.
    I think that the fact that He is her father will be a burden that we will have to bear forever and ever.
    Not necessarily. Since everything is canon, a writer can just say it is clay for their run, or another writer, perhaps at the same time in the Justice League says she is a demi-god through Zeus. It doesn't make sense, but with this idiotic edict that says everything is game from pre-crisis and upwards, then so be it.

Which version of animated Wonder Woman was more powerful/skilled: the 2009 animated Wonder Woman or the 2021 Justice Society animated Wonder Woman?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Which version of animated Wonder Woman was more powerful/skilled: the 2009 animated Wonder Woman or the 2021 Justice Society animated Wonder Woman?
    They were totally opposite in age so I'd probably go with JSWW since 2009WW was still coming into her own.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Since they both couldn't fly I'd say it was a tie

I vote 2009 simply because the movie was about her and only her, so there was more room to rack up accomplishments.

As much as I rag on the DCAU's depiction of Wonder Woman, I do have to commend how they handled her during their big Superman/Doomsday brawl episode.

Unlike most depictions, where Diana's only there to get crushed along with every other hero, she's instead evacuating civilians and kept away from the actual fight. And I really liked that multiple times through the fight she really wants to stop and help Clark, but he insists she focus on getting people to safety. Even though this wasn't a 'Death of Superman' story, it added good tension and conflict where he's fighting for his life against something that could kill him, and Diana desperately wants to help and could probably turn the tide if she did, but can't.

It makes me wish that was more of the default/accepted plot of Death of Superman rehashes, as opposed to everybody gets wrecked until Superman swoops in to fight Doomsday alone.
    You could even develop it into a side-arc for her where she feels like she let him down and questions whether she made the right choice helping civilians instead of fighting by Clark's side. Then she can play a part in his revival, bringing her closure. Like I said...better than getting her ass kicked, going to the funeral, and doing nothing for the rest of the story.

Anyway, props to the DCAU creators for doing a Superman/Doomsday fight that had actual tension and didn't make Wonder Woman look like a chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    As much as I rag on the DCAU's depiction of Wonder Woman, I do have to commend how they handled her during their big Superman/Doomsday brawl episode.

Unlike most depictions, where Diana's only there to get crushed along with every other hero, she's instead evacuating civilians and kept away from the actual fight. And I really liked that multiple times through the fight she really wants to stop and help Clark, but he insists she focus on getting people to safety. Even though this wasn't a 'Death of Superman' story, it added good tension and conflict where he's fighting for his life against something that could kill him, and Diana desperately wants to help and could probably turn the tide if she did, but can't.

It makes me wish that was more of the default/accepted plot of Death of Superman rehashes, as opposed to everybody gets wrecked until Superman swoops in to fight Doomsday alone.
    You could even develop it into a side-arc for her where she feels like she let him down and questions whether she made the right choice helping civilians instead of fighting by Clark's side. Then she can play a part in his revival, bringing her closure. Like I said...better than getting her ass kicked, going to the funeral, and doing nothing for the rest of the story.

Anyway, props to the DCAU creators for doing a Superman/Doomsday fight that had actual tension and didn't make Wonder Woman look like a chump.
    I don't think she looked like a chump in the animated movie adaption if only because she held her own against Doomsday better than most of the other team did, and I liked the effect of her hair finally coming loose, but that's just me (I also think setting up Doomsday being near unstoppable until Superman fights him and has to basically sacrifice himself is effective, but to each their own).