Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1909
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    With luck, it's more because they were trying to keep her in a "Golden Age" powerset while simultaneously unaware of how fucking nuts she could be in the golden age. Generally, powers were significantly toned down. I hope that it was just a research error assuming she was on par with her contemporaries instead of secretly OP as fuck.

I'm basically high on hope dope and copium, but perhaps because this is primary Earth Justice League... we'll see her more in line with how we expect her? I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible. She's going to be alongside a Flash, Green Lantern and Superman so her JSA powerset will not cut it.
    Based on the JSA movie, I will not have high hopes for Diana. After all this is Warworld which is primarily a Superman concept/villains. She couldn't handle Mongul in the JLU, so if we have more of the same people writing or directing this....need I say more.

And I must repeat, she couldn't even handle Aquaman on land. I'm not even talking about water, but land.

Well, she will at least have Green Lantern to transport her like he did at the beginning of the nu52. Why call an uber when you just need a Green Lantern!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Like all those times Batman and Catwoman got the final hit on their iconic villain, Cheetah.

Right?

Man, I'm glad these animated films have bottomed out years ago. No need to waste money on them anymore.
    I was thinking more like how in Crisis on Two Earths she's the one who beat Superwoman and Olympia or JL: Doom where she's the one who beats Cheetah.

If this were something like JL: Battle of the Gods, I would expect Diana to be the one to stop Circe.
    I imagine Clark will take Apollo's role as "captured energy source," Diana Lightray's and Bruce will take an amalgam Midnighter/Superman role of the hero of the people fighting for freedom. So, you know, typical shell game of hero Batman and Clark/Diana playing "I get to be a bad guy or plot device" roulette.
    I might be assuming too much given some time has probably passed since Long Halloween, but if this is Tomorrow-verse Batman I expect him to come off incredibly out of his depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I bet they’ll have a cute side battle of Diana fighting Mongal, who will have no personality except to say something cliche and derogatory like: “the bitch is mine” before initiating a chick fight, where she will punch Diana in square in the face, which will give Diana a bit of a nose bleed that Diana will casually swipe away before getting her *im serious now* look on her face before charging back in and then the scene will quick-cut to the main battle: Superman vs Mongoul, which will have larger and more impressive feats, but make no mistake because Superman could throw a freakin’ universe but they’ll make sure to give Batman something more amazing to show how smart and badass and important he is to the team because the JL would surely fall apart without him.
    Or maybe we'd get a fight like Diana and Barda vs the Furies.
    Well if they take any inspiration from the Timmverse, she gets to be Batman's trophy girlfriend-- But hey, it's progressive! She is the best fighter in meaningless fight scenes with nameless enemies.
    This Batman already has a decent thing going with Catwoman.

I wonder if we'll get Earth-1 Steve Trevor...
    Honestly, Warworld is such a good setting for a Superman story that turning it into a JL story will just leave everyone unsatisfied. You either disservice the character the story and concept was built for and piecemeal the good stuff away or everyone just gets bit parts (save Batman, our lord and savior) so Superman actually gets his due in what should have been his solo story to begin with.
    Young Justice left me thinking Mongul can definitely work as a League-level threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If this is the 'Tommorowverse' we have to remember that Diana got beat by Aquaman twice, once easily in water, and on land if only for the timely intervention of Steve Trevor. Besides that, she couldn't fly, so I doubt Diana will do all that much to any Superman related villain.
    I feel like the fight was pretty good and Diana still handled herself well, but that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was thinking more like how in Crisis on Two Earths she's the one who beat Superwoman and Olympia or JL: Doom where she's the one who beats Cheetah.

If this were something like JL: Battle of the Gods, I would expect Diana to be the one to stop Circe.
    Like how Diana got to be the one to stop Circe in that episode the DCAU where Batman was turned into a pig?

Like how Diana got to be the one to stop Circe in that episode the DCAU where Batman was turned into a pig?

Somehow I knew you'd bring that up, but in my defense, that didn't claim it was directly adapting a Wonder Woman story .

Somehow I knew you'd bring that up, but in my defense, that didn't claim it was directly adapting a Wonder Woman story .
    We are a truly predictable lot, you and I, aren't we Frontier?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

We let that pass because Conroy soothed our collective butthurt with that velvet voice of his. Retract your statement before I bring forth our mutual disdain in the viridian hood.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Based on the JSA movie, I will not have high hopes for Diana. After all this is Warworld which is primarily a Superman concept/villains. She couldn't handle Mongul in the JLU, so if we have more of the same people writing or directing this....need I say more.

And I must repeat, she couldn't even handle Aquaman on land. I'm not even talking about water, but land.

Well, she will at least have Green Lantern to transport her like he did at the beginning of the nu52. Why call an uber when you just need a Green Lantern!
    She did get to break the trident, which is about as significant a mic drop you can land on Arthur without killing his son or chopping off his hand, but yeah it's not a fair fight. I'm just arguing that, at the very least, we don't know if E2 Diana's powers will have any weight towards E1 Diana's. They already showed Bruce to be borderline awful at being Batman in his two movies (while Selina was seemingly a veteran) and John [spoil] beats a twelve-ringed Parallax-Hal Jordan using only one ring and some gumption) so priorities are seemingly all over the place... But she's going to look very silly alongside Superman and John if they don't dial her up, at least.

Honestly, I've come to not expect anything with these movies because they just do some wild shit sometimes. Batman still very much a rookie early in his career? Great! Selina (who remember has no training as he does) at that same time being virtually a savant at crime fighting? Not so much.

They choose to start their universe with Superman? Alright. Mention of Martha ripping off established hero Batman for his costume? Fuuuuuuuuuck you.

JSA movie? Awesome! Barry teaching Jay Flash tricks and Nazi Aquaman who manhandles Diana? BOOOOOOO.

I hope they level out. I do enjoy these more than the New 52 movies, but that's partially because I thought those movies looked awful and I much prefer the art styles here. Also, Jay Garrick. You always get points for Jay Garrick.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-24-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

With luck, it's more because they were trying to keep her in a "Golden Age" powerset while simultaneously unaware of how fucking nuts she could be in the golden age. Generally, powers were significantly toned down. I hope that it was just a research error assuming she was on par with her contemporaries instead of secretly OP as fuck.

I'm basically high on hope dope and copium, but perhaps because this is primary Earth Justice League... we'll see her more in line with how we expect her? I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible. She's going to be alongside a Flash, Green Lantern and Superman so her JSA powerset will not cut it.
    Her power set hasn't been able to cut it for years now. In animated JL movies, live action movie, and JL comics. She has been the glorified super human warrior, that can't hold a candle to the strong dudes on the team.

We let that pass because Conroy soothed our collective butthurt with that velvet voice of his. Retract your statement before I bring forth our mutual disdain in the viridian hood.

She did get to break the trident, which is about as significant a mic drop you can land on Arthur without killing his son or chopping off his hand, but yeah it's not a fair fight. I'm just arguing that, at the very least, we don't know if E2 Diana's powers will have any weight towards E1 Diana's. They already showed Bruce to be borderline awful at being Batman in his two movies (while Selina was seemingly a veteran) and John [spoil] beats a twelve-ringed Parallax-Hal Jordan using only one ring and some gumption) so priorities are seemingly all over the place... But she's going to look very silly alongside Superman and John if they don't dial her up, at least.

Honestly, I've come to not expect anything with these movies because they just do some wild shit sometimes. Batman still very much a rookie early in his career? Great! Selina (who remember has no training as he does) at that same time being virtually a savant at crime fighting? Not so much.

They choose to start their universe with Superman? Alright. Mention of Martha ripping off established hero Batman for his costume? Fuuuuuuuuuck you.

JSA movie? Awesome! Barry teaching Jay Flash tricks and Nazi Aquaman who manhandles Diana? BOOOOOOO.

I hope they level out. I do enjoy these more than the New 52 movies, but that's partially because I thought those movies looked awful and I much prefer the art styles here. Also, Jay Garrick. You always get points for Jay Garrick.
    I mean, Jay got to teach Barry some stuff and Diana still got some hits and the "win" so it evens out to me.

(Did Selina really come off that much more competent? She just saved him a few times).

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I mean, Jay got to teach Barry some stuff and Diana still got some hits and the "win" so it evens out to me.

(Did Selina really come off that much more competent? She just saved him a few times).
    Some hits? She lost to aquaman easaily underwater. And was overpowered by him on land. She was a weaklink.

Selina was basically Catwoman of the present day, with all the grace, agility and combat prowess that entails. Bruce was very clearly a rookie. It's pretty jarring when you compare them. I don't think she makes a single mistake across either movie. It's kind of preposterous alone that she's as skilled as she is when her origin is usually just "I lived on the streets and took care of myself, thus I'm as skilled as this person who trains every day to the peak of physical perfection and trained with every master of forensic science, chemistry, psychology and various forms of martial arts," but we love Selina and don't think about it. Here, however, it does appear glaring when the juxtaposition is that strong.

It dawns on me that someone could make an army of the homeless in Gotham and probably take over the world.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Some hits? She lost to aquaman easaily underwater. And was overpowered by him on land. She was a weaklink.
    Weak links dont add anything to the team. They dont help in the wins. She was far from a weak link.

If Diana were on The Weakest Link, she'd survive to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Weak links dont add anything to the team. They dont help in the wins. She was far from a weak link.

Haha. Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And not so recent trackrecord too. Let's not gforget her nerfing and crummy fighting trackrecord didn't start yesterday. We have been dealing with this more and more since 2011.
    Greatest warrior is DC comics, so good she loses all her fights.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

There's a common issue in the US where "weakling" and "weaklink" sound similar with some accents and often get conflated as such. I believe they meant "weakling" as opposed to "weaklink," which itself should be two words. That movie treated her as the team's heavy-- and she was-- just not to a degree we'd recognize from Wonder Woman.

Apologies if I'm preaching to the choir, but as I don't know where anyone here is from, I did want to establish that. It's very prominent among ESL students.

Source: I tutored ESL students at a community college, primarily students with Spanish as their primary language.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I bet they’ll have a cute side battle of Diana fighting Mongal, who will have no personality except to say something cliche and derogatory like: “the bitch is mine” before initiating a chick fight, where she will punch Diana in square in the face, which will give Diana a bit of a nose bleed that Diana will casually swipe away before getting her *im serious now* look on her face before charging back in and then the scene will quick-cut to the main battle: Superman vs Mongoul, which will have larger and more impressive feats, but make no mistake because Superman could throw a freakin’ universe but they’ll make sure to give Batman something more amazing to show how smart and badass and important he is to the team because the JL would surely fall apart without him.
    When they hire you?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor