Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    The reason WW turned evil is shown in a prequel comic. It's basically "a guy she liked lied to her."
    Which doesn't even make sense. If she was evil from the start than why was she posing as a hero for all these years?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Which doesn't even make sense. If she was evil from the start than why was she posing as a hero for all these years?
    Probably to get in Superman's good graces.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So excited to see the lamest, evilest, weakest version of Wonder Woman animated!
    Yeah, Injustice sums just about how DC sees Diana when it comes to those two. Simp for Superman and punching bag for Batman.

BANNED

I know a Flash fan who irked when he hear this was coming out. He really dislikes how Barry was portrayed.

Mighty Member

Never played the game.

But, I love the comics. For about a decade, the Taylor-written stuff has consistently been some of the smartest stuff DC has published. (My only real complaint is that I wish that the rest of DC's output was that consistently good. There is no reason that a game tie-in should outshine their mainline comics.)

That being said, I am not sure that a movie is good news for Injustice as a whole. (Hoping to be wrong, but expecting the worst.)

Originally, it was not a question of her being evil or betrayed.

Wonder Woman saw people as lesser. People warranted protection, but were not equal to gods like herself or Superman. In early issues of "Injustice", her concern is less for the people murdered by the Joker than for how Superman would feel about it. (This is similar to how a regular person might feel if their friend's tropical fish died.) She saw the death of Metropolis as a chance for Superman to become more effective at protecting the world as a whole. (The back-written origin referenced by other people above is official, but needs to be recognized as being back-written.)
    Last edited by CentralPower; 05-22-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Never played the game.

But, I love the comics. For about a decade, the Taylor-written stuff has consistently been some of the smartest stuff DC has published. (My only real complaint is that I wish that the rest of DC's output was that consistently good. There is no reason that a game tie-in should outshine their mainline comics.)

That being said, I am not sure that a movie is good news for Injustice as a whole. (Hoping to be wrong, but expecting the worst.)

Originally, it was not a question of her being evil or betrayed.

Wonder Woman saw people as lesser. People warranted protection, but were not equal to gods like herself or Superman. In early issues of "Injustice", her concern is less for the people murdered by the Joker than for how Superman would feel about it. (This is similar to how a regular person might feel if their friend's tropical fish died.) She saw the death of Metropolis as a chance for Superman to become more effective at protecting the world as a whole. (The back-written origin referenced by other people above is official, but needs to be recognized as being back-written.)
    You’re putting more thought into than NRS or Taylor put into her. Taylor might be decent Superman writer but he is a garbage Wonder Woman writer (alt universe or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I know a Flash fan who irked when he hear this was coming out. He really dislikes how Barry was portrayed.
    Why, out of curiosity? Sure, Barry started out as one of the bad guys, but he did come around in the end and stood against Superman. And at the end, when he let himself get loaded into the prisoner van, I got the impression that he voluntarily surrendered.

As far as Injustice 3 game goes. The rumor going around is Netherrealms is working on a Marvel fighting game. If it's true either they have been working on it for awhile and it took Injustice 3s place. Or Injustice 3 is almost done and probably coming out within a year and Marvel is next. Which would mean a delay for MK 12 I'm guessing. I like the Injustice games but to mix it up I'd love a Marvel game in-between. Be nice to have a good Marvel game that isn't Spider-Man based. Anyway wouldn't be surprised if Injustice 3 comes out this year around the holidays. I prefer studios that market they're game close to release date and not years before.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Probably to get in Superman's good graces.
    Eww, so she's basically Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I know a a few Hal fans who didn't like this announcement. Absolutely hated how cowardly Hal was made to be in Injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock
    Eww, so she's basically Harley Quinn.
    Harley herself made this comparison in the second game.

I know a a few Hal fans who didn't like this announcement. Absolutely hated how cowardly Hal was made to be in Injustice
    Even main!Hal pointed out how wrong it was when they fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    As far as Injustice 3 game goes. The rumor going around is Netherrealms is working on a Marvel fighting game. If it's true either they have been working on it for awhile and it took Injustice 3s place. Or Injustice 3 is almost done and probably coming out within a year and Marvel is next. Which would mean a delay for MK 12 I'm guessing. I like the Injustice games but to mix it up I'd love a Marvel game in-between. Be nice to have a good Marvel game that isn't Spider-Man based. Anyway wouldn't be surprised if Injustice 3 comes out this year around the holidays. I prefer studios that market they're game close to release date and not years before.
    NetherRealm is still owned by AT&T/WB (soon to be Discovery) so there’s no way in hell they would be allowed to work with Marvel. I think this rumor was started based on something cryptic Ed Boon said.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    NetherRealm is still owned by AT&T/WB (soon to be Discovery) so there’s no way in hell they would be allowed to work with Marvel. I think this rumor was started based on something cryptic Ed Boon said.
    WB already published three Lego Marvel games. They also released Lego games based on Disney IP like Incredibles and Star Wars.

WB already published three Lego Marvel games. They also released Lego games based on Disney IP like Incredibles and Star Wars.
    Yeah, I've never quite understood that...

Astonishing Member

Marvel did this story back in the 80s with Squadron Supreme. Literally.