Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I do not feel very grateful that ALL of the solo books have been white males. And i tend not to feel like i owe any gratitude for something i'm paying for unless a barista is handing it to me.
    We've had two solo titles and one of those has ended...
    Meanwhile Excalibur focuses on the female lead while New Mutants has plenty of diversity in the team.
    There could be more admittedly but that's a weird criticism for a time where there have only been two solo books. Especially as Wolverine hasn't had his own on-going since 2014.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man comics are also doing pretty well too you know. Spider-Man and the X-Men, just like old times.
    This. It's almost like this is what Marvel considers "equilibrium." Not that these titles are perfect, but they are sources of steady revenue for the company. And more often than not, readers remain loyal, even through bad story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    ...At this point, Dear X-Men fans. Please be gratuful for what titles you have. Especially with those hardship back in 2015-2016 when the Inhumans replacing the franchise. It's so hard to earn the back the spotlight thank to Hickman.
    If only we could “like” posts. I agree with this so much. There’s a lot going on in the HiXmen I don’t love, but far and away the X titles are the most interesting things Marvel is publishing these days. They may have too many X titles, thus diluting the brand and perhaps sales. But no matter what the sales are, the HiXmen are Marvel’s top titles. The X-Men are happening right now, and if you’re not reading, you’re missing out. It’s funny in the Xbook threads listening to us X fans kvetch and moan. We have it so good right now and nearly no one is noticing. If they could get the X line published on schedule, then we’d really have something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    If only we could “like” posts. I agree with this so much. There’s a lot going on in the HiXmen I don’t love, but far and away the X titles are the most interesting things Marvel is publishing these days. They may have too many X titles, thus diluting the brand and perhaps sales. But no matter what the sales are, the HiXmen are Marvel’s top titles. The X-Men are happening right now, and if you’re not reading, you’re missing out. It’s funny in the Xbook threads listening to us X fans kvetch and moan. We have it so good right now and nearly no one is noticing. If they could get the X line published on schedule, then we’d really have something.
    It's an X buffet and there's a book for everyone.
    They are basically where Avengers was at during the Marvel Now era, but each books feels closed connected

Black Widow, Spider-Woman, The US Agent mini, The Shang-Chi mini, The Eternals, the Star Wars group and the Iron Fist mini are all good reads so it's not desolate on the other side of the X-books.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Jason Aaron makes you want Bendis to return to the Avengers.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Bendis was no perfect writer but he did have a way to connect ties between old and new stories and make the Avengers franchise look connected and did so for many years, even his Dark Avengers made from villains with Obsborn as a leader sell well because the story was interesting and Hickman used his Iluminati team to develop Secret Wars, we don´t need to say he was perfect but we can give credit when it´s due

I am quite happy at the posssibilities and all the stories the X-office is developing right now and I get the sense we are only seeing the beggining of the story, it´s like a giant crossover in which you can choose where you want to focus more, every month and we are about to get a new X-men team so yes it´s a good time to be a X-men fan.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-21-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spider-Man comics are also doing pretty well too you know. Spider-Man and the X-Men, just like old times.
    Well, the X-Office has Way of X, Sword, Hellions, New Mutants, the dearly departed X-Factor, Marauders, Children of the Atom, Wolverine, and Cable as their good books while the Spider-Office has uh, Silk?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    What books does he look after? I know he's on Reborn which that explains a lot.
    Avengers (bad)
    Captain America (bad)
    Iron Man (bad)
    Fantastic Four (bad)

Wil Moss' office edits
    Hulk (fantastic)
    Thor (good)
    Black Panther (bad)
    Captain Marvel (bad)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

To be fair, I think Brevoort is also editor for immortal Hulk and that levels it out.
    Also Iron Man isn't awful, it just feels like it's gone off the rails a bit.

Regardless, I really enjoyed Bendis' Avengers, especially the early parts of his run.
    I'll be lying if I said Bendis wasn't in my top 10 writers, I'll just admit that I'm also not a Bendis apologist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hickman was as good as it got, and there hasn't been a great run on the title since he stepped away from Marvel and then came back to X-Men.

Where Hickman is, there will your heart be also.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ...while the Spider-Office has...
    Nick Spencer's ASM published twice a month and the best run on the title since JMS turned in his script for Back in Black.

So glad we agree.

Pretty much.

The Fantastic Four book sucks so bad right now and I've heard a lot of negative comments about the current Avengers run.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Good! Take Bendis back! The man managed to ruin FOUR properties at DC (Superman, Superman Sons, Young Justice, and the Legion of Superheroes). Now, he's on JL.
    Take him back! Please!

Extraordinary Member

Hickman was as good as it got, and there hasn't been a great run on the title since he stepped away from Marvel and then came back to X-Men.

Where Hickman is, there will your heart be also.

Nick Spencer's ASM published twice a month and the best run on the title since JMS turned in his script for Back in Black.

So glad we agree.
    Spencer is doing 4 comics a month.The past month we got 3+1 giant size.Same for June.July we have 2 issues+2 sinister war mini and august has the same.
    Also had 4 for Last remains and then a break where we got only 2.He has been minimum 2 and recently 4(including a giant-size).
    The quality is fantastic as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    She’s in the new X-Men team as a regular member. Should have plenty of page time coming up.
    We'll see.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)