Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Are Batfans the Most Greedy Fanbase of all time?

FACT-01.jpg

At this point, we are getting more Bat-books every months even in the "DC Round Robin", we are getting the "Robin" and "Harley Quinn" books. Meanwhile at Marvel's recent annoucement, it's pretty clear they have launch many different titles which is something different, like "Darkhawk", " Defender", " Kang the Conqueror" and many more. I am sorry DC fans. But Marvel prove themselves once again that they will forever to take the risk to try something new rather than the " DC BATMAN UNIVERSE." FULL COMPLETELY 100% RANTS!!!!

I've been stating to people to wait until COVID is over, and than we will probably get more titles....that are not Batman related.

I'm with everyone's frustration on the Batman titles overcrowding the rest of the DCU...but they sell, & that's why there out there.

However some of them don't sell, so it would be nice if they were replaced by non Batman heroes, once everyone can freely walk into comic stores again.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I like the position it seems DC are taking now - doling out mini series offerings for non related Bat characters.
    It's a smart way to test the waters and see what works and what doesn't.
    But yeah, there's no question DC seemed to go out of it's way to piss off it certain readers over the last decade.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

edit: nvm, was being petty.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-19-2021 at 10:38 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Wait, is this legit or a parody, I actually don't know at this point!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    FACT-01.jpg

At this point, we are getting more Bat-books every months even in the "DC Round Robin", we are getting the "Robin" and "Harley Quinn" books. Meanwhile at Marvel's recent annoucement, it's pretty clear they have launch many different titles which is something different, like "Darkhawk", " Defender", " Kang the Conqueror" and many more. I am sorry DC fans. But Marvel prove themselves once again that they will forever to take the risk to try something new rather than the " DC BATMAN UNIVERSE." FULL COMPLETELY 100% RANTS!!!!
    I was willing to forgive everything else but the lack of redheads is going too far. DC has really messed up.

Poison Ivy.jpg

Starfire.jpg

Hawkgirl.jpg

Hmm, maybe you meant male characters? Gosh, I hope he doesn't ask me why I have all these images of female characters and I couldn't even include Barbara Gordon because of the three image limit.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel like there was a time on CBR forums where there used to be a DC hate containment thread, instead of getting these same type of threads all the time.

No, nothing beats Rebirth era for being worst time ever.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel like there was a time on CBR forums where there used to be a DC hate containment thread, instead of getting these same type of threads all the time.
    Maybe It can't be contained anymore DC seem to have accelerated the rate of dissatisfaction of its readership in this forum to a appoint that threads like this are slowly becoming a consensus.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Maybe It can't be contained anymore DC seem to have accelerated the rate of dissatisfaction of its readership in this forum to a appoint that threads like this are slowly becoming a consensus.
    Not really, DC has a lot of great things coming out right now worth being positive about.

Mighty Member

Default Is Batfans the Most Greediest Fanbase of all times?

Seeing today results for the "DC Round Robin" make me so MAD, ANGRY, FRUSTRATION AND DISSAPOINTMENT. It make even worse when half of the lines in DC solicits are all Batbooks related. I wanna stop supporting DC Comics and I don't know what to do but maybe supoort only titles that are not related too much with Batbooks instead. So sorry, I can't help but to start support Marvel more often.

We live in a time where Marvel promoting "Shang-Chi", "Eternals", "GOTG", "Loki", "Black Knight", "Black Widow" and "Ant-Man" contents. While DC keep go back to the square ones. Arggh. I have enough for today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Seeing today results for the "DC Round Robin" make me so MAD, ANGRY, FRUSTRATION AND DISSAPOINTMENT. It make even worse when half of the lines in DC solicits are all Batbooks related. I wanna stop supporting DC Comics and I don't know what to do but maybe supoort only titles that are not related too much with Batbooks instead. So sorry, I can't help but to start support Marvel more often.

We live in a time where Marvel promoting "Shang-Chi", "Eternals", "GOTG", "Loki", "Black Knight", "Black Widow" and "Ant-Man" contents. While DC keep go back to the square ones. Arggh. I have enough for today!!!!
    I won't blame Batfans, they are doing what any fanbase would do given the opportunity. Problem is DC pitting fans against each other. As for supporting marvel, Never.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-20-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Well... where were you for Sideways ? Or Brimstone ? Or the Unexpected ? Or Silencer ? Or Justice League Odyssey ? Or Justice League Dark, for that matters ?

Yes, DC Round Robin was a dumb idea because they put two titles which didn't need to be there to be sellable (SS7 and Robins) but frankly, DC has tried time and again in recent years to propose something new. Something different. And usually it has been trounced by fans for even trying and the attempts were killed.

You want to know why you'll see more of Naomi and not Wonder Twins ? It's because the former was lucky enough to have a big writer who kept using her in non-related books until she'll be able to have another mini-series for herself. Wonder Twin series was easily the best out of the Wonder Comics line, and because nobody seems to want to use them they won't be anywhere else for the foreseeable future. And it's mostly because people don't buy those books. But Bat-books sells, because, like it or not, this corner of the DCU is simply the most beloved nowadays, with a lot of great characters for a lot of different peoples.

And even when it seemed that it was on the verge on reaching a dead-end, Tynion seems to have been able to rekindle the firte with brand new characters, brand new stories and frankly stellar art to boot.

And even then, DC is clearly taking shape to be in one of the best place it has been in years, with finally admitting that they don't need to have just ONE Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman but can have they cake and eat it to, with various characters sporting the mantle at the same time and making it work. Or trying new stuffs like the Black and White, Red and Blue, etc. anthologies, or FS:Gotham fully black and white.

I don't doubt that the second half of 2021 will see the return of Aquaman and many other books.

I would say that the bat fans arent to blame, There are a god number of batfans here in the forums that are tired of the large amount of batbooks too. Main issue is the editorial which is clearly too useless and lazy to promote other characters that aren't batman related.