Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    according to the Aquaverse who are well informed on Aquaman and Mera, these two are in their late 20's. So I don't think there is such a gap with the rest.
    That's the way it was for the first three ages of DC - their late twenties and no older. It was only during the DCU that they started moving them up, only to remember the majority of fans don't want the Trinity older than 40. Since they're not going to be replaced, why age them so their not at their best?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's the way it was for the first three ages of DC - their late twenties and no older. It was only during the DCU that they started moving them up, only to remember the majority of fans don't want the Trinity older than 40. Since they're not going to be replaced, why age them so their not at their best?
    Well WW could be much older than all of JL put together

Astonishing Member

The majority of the fans don't care about the Trinity. They only care about Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman's age are irrelevant as their status as pseudo-immortal super beings. Aging them up has no consequence besides persisting character development. Which isn't a consequence to me but some people do not like a character growing or changing as time and events occur in their lives.

The "late 20s" bag left in 1980 when Dick became Nightwing. It never even made sense in the New 52 when they de-aged everyone and kept Nightwing. "Robin" was nearly as big as Batman and Superman at the time and certainly was bigger than Wonder Woman, so Dick's progression as a character was important even 40 years ago.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-01-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Most actors who play these characters are late 30’s early 40’s and are definitely at their best.

Hugh Jackman plays wolverine till his mid-late 40’s, Terry Crews is past 50 and he’s as buff as ever, theres no reason Batman can’t sit at age 40 and still look in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The majority of the fans don't care about the Trinity. They only care about Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman's age are irrelevant as their pseudo-immortal super beings. Aging them up has no consequence besides persisting character development. Which isn't a consequence to me but some people do not like a character growing or changing as time and events occur in their lives.

The "late 20s" bag left in 1980 when Dick became Nightwing. It never even made sense in the New 52 when they de-aged everyone and kept Nightwing. "Robin" was nearly as big as Batman and Superman at the time and certainly was bigger than Wonder Woman, so Dick's progression as a character was important even 40 years ago.
    They were still in their late twenties at COIE, regardless of Nightwing. The Answer Man (Bob Rozakis) of DC confirmed that quite a few times. As for the majority of fans of not caring about aging them, since DC refuses not to do it, I guess they believe the majority does care.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Most actors who play these characters are late 30’s early 40’s and are definitely at their best.

Hugh Jackman plays wolverine till his mid-late 40’s, Terry Crews is past 50 and he’s as buff as ever, theres no reason Batman can’t sit at age 40 and still look in his prime.
    Now have all these middle-aged people fight someone in their twenties without a script dictating the outcome.

Well WW could be much older than all of JL put together
    That's true. It's really more about Bruce and Clark (the latter is supporting cast rather than him).

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

yeah but characters that are played by actors in their late 30's might be ok, but just because it's a movie, you can't show them as 18 year olds. In comics its different.
    However a meta human might be fine at age 40, but humans age matters, Bat should be made younger. Athletes even the best ever in any sport, past 30's are certainly not at their prime.

yeah but characters that are played by actors in their late 30's might be ok, but just because it's a movie, you can't show them as 18 year olds. In comics its different.
    However a meta human might be fine at age 40, but humans age matters, Bat should be made younger. Athletes even the best ever in any sport, past 30's are certainly not at their prime.
    Yeah, but Athletes even in their prime don't dodge bullets like Batman, not even Usain Bolt.
    Also, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tom Brady and Lebron James are all past 30 and still are the best in their sports.

Doesn't really matter what his age is, Batman is not realistic anyway, nor is his family. Damian was 10 years old beating grown ass men.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So nobody is really providing an explanation for why certain fanbases aren't getting screwed in those situations. Probably because they themselves are rarely (if ever) in that position, so they can't understand what it is like.
    Who are the folks in charge?
    If I am in charge and HELLBENT that every Cyborg series is Man versus Machine DESPITE the love for his tv versions and he must look like a tank-nothing David Walker or Cyborg fans can do.

What other projects and venues does said character have?
    If I am in charge and HELLBENT that the Green Lantern film will star HAL as the main one-nothing fans or anyone else can help Jessica or John or the others.

If I am in charge and don't care what Black Panther, Miles, Luke Cage, Riri, Moon Girl and Static have done. NO black characters including Naomi will matter at DC.

That is not a reliable source of income. If you are relying on hardcore fans and not story quality bringing in the cash then no wonder these books aren't doing well.
    It depends on who you are talking about.

When you got hardcore fans who don't care or are willing to settle for as many crumbs as they can-you are the company don't give a damn about story quality.
    Story quality is a BONUS. See Al Ewing's Hulk run. Priest's Deathstroke or Black Panther. There is a reason certain books get held is such regard in spite of sales.

It's not just hardcore fans you are dealing with but store owners and their faith in the title.

Think of the WORST writer and put him on Batman. How long does he last? Longer than the worst writer on say Static Shock. Longer than a decent writer on say Powergirl.

Because store owners are not going to slow down ordering Batman to the point of Suicide Squad let alone say Miles Morales numbers.

A quality writer on Static is going to face a harder battle to keep the book going because of store owners.

Because you got some store who don't want certain books no matter quality or word of mouth.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They were still in their late twenties at COIE, regardless of Nightwing. The Answer Man (Bob Rozakis) of DC confirmed that quite a few times. As for the majority of fans of not caring about aging them, since DC refuses not to do it, I guess they believe the majority does care.
    Didn't he confirm that Bruce and Clark were about 29 at the time? Dick was 19 when he became Nightwing pre-COIE, and was at 20-21 (as Robin) in BTAS, which had Bruce in the vague late-20s age. Or VERY early 30s.

I don't think the age gap between Bruce and Dick has ever been that big to justify singling out Dick's growth as the reason for making Bruce "too old." They are a little over a decade apart at most. Cramming in all these other kids that they insist on creating makes him older, but again they don't even have to acknowledge it that much if it's a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, but Athletes even in their prime don't dodge bullets like Batman, not even Usain Bolt.
    Also, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tom Brady and Lebron James are all past 30 and still are the best in their sports.

Doesn't really matter what his age is, Batman is not realistic anyway, nor is his family. Damian was 10 years old beating grown ass men.
    Don't tell Cristiano Ronaldo current outfit fans that he is still the best, they curse the moment they brought him over , that he ain't at what he was 10 years ago, its evident. Its normal, People in their 40's even the most fit can relate that its different than being in your 20's, physically. Some Athletes might be still the best but that is because they have a bigger talent in their sports than others. Which still distinguishes them. Soccer greats like Ibrahimovic and Totti at 40 can do wonders but its more their geniality and experience than the physical performance. They tire faster and get injury prone.

Now that Batman is not realistic I understand what you mean. However even more he should be younger, because its somehow makes him look like what he can't be, a meta human. As for Damian that's ridiculous, soon some writer will make him beat superman. One of the reasons why people are dropping comics, there should be a limit even in comics. Make it at least credible.

I know this is largely seen as a trolling post, but all the same my two cents is that its the wrong energy. When you happen to be a fan of a really popular character, you become used to getting a lot of content. Its a perk. So when you expect something, you expect it. Its not necessarily greed, its what you're used to. Being a Superman fan, my childhood still had him at the top of comics food chain (he was still the guy in the 90s, the DKR effect and Batman's rise was way more gradual on the comics scene than is generally perpetuated), so I was used to that. I was used to him being the focus so naturally I just expected it. I wouldn't have classified myself as greedy though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Now have all these middle-aged people fight someone in their twenties without a script dictating the outcome.

Most 20 year old's I see aren't even half the size of Terry Crews or Hugh Jackman (who are around Batman's height since DC likes making the dude over 6 ft). And like Batman and Terry Crews, regular 20 year old's don't have the best equipment/training/whatever to put them in that physical shape.

Plus don't videogames love showing grizzled old men that have "old man strength" punch people half their age? (The Last of Us)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-01-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Don't tell Cristiano Ronaldo current outfit fans that he is still the best, they curse the moment they brought him over , that he ain't at what he was 10 years ago, its evident. Its normal, People in their 40's even the most fit can relate that its different than being in your 20's, physically. Some Athletes might be still the best but that is because they have a bigger talent in their sports than others. Which still distinguishes them. Soccer greats like Ibrahimovic and Totti at 40 can do wonders but its more their geniality and experience than the physical performance. They tire faster and get injury prone.

Now that Batman is not realistic I understand what you mean. However even more he should be younger, because its somehow makes him look like what he can't be, a meta human. As for Damian that's ridiculous, soon some writer will make him beat superman. One of the reasons why people are dropping comics, there should be a limit even in comics. Make it at least credible.
    I understand the real world aspect of being old in the sports field. But i don't see why this have to be applied to comic books.

Why do we have to follow real life rules when this guy went in a journey across time when he was shot by a omega bean that should killed him? We can believe that he can be the smartest man in the world, learn every single language, be the master of thousands matial arts, be Rich asf and get all the hottest chicks, but some somehow he can't be a little more old? And 36 is not even that old, tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.