Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're at a Gala. Not at the X-Corp offices on a Monday morning.
    Yes but the Hellfire Gala is really all about dealing with these issues, showing how successful Krakoa has become and how strong it is becoming on the international and universal stage, checkout Emma Frost in X-Men #21, that is how business is done.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    State dinners are literally where business propositions are made.
    100% and if X-Corp don't engage with their potential clients at this Hellfire Gala it would be a huge missed opportunity.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-11-2021 at 06:43 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% and if they don't exchange with their potential clients at this Hellfire Gala it would be a huge missed opportunity.
    The general idea of their interactions with the "human" business world excites me. Stark and the others have dominated so the mutants are hungry to compete. Literally, for Selene.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The general idea of their interactions with the "human" business world excites me. Stark and the others have dominated so the mutants are hungry to compete. Literally, for Selene.
    This issue alone has the potential to be the best of the Hellfire Gala series so far.

Incredible Member

This issue alone has the potential to be the best of the Hellfire Gala series so far.
    That's not really saying much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder if Emplate will show up, given that he works with Selene to feed off of Krakoa.
    I am very interested in how Emplate is fitting into Krakoa. Lots of initially terrible people seem to be thriving, ranging from petty like Masque to genocidal like Apocalypse to other mutants who have (in the past) had to burn through people just to survive (like Proteus or Malice), so it could be interesting to see if Marius is one of the ones who can live in a society that doesn't punish him for his past actions, and sates his hungers and allows him to join the rest of the gang on equal footing, or if he's too addicted to being the shark and can't put it behind him and just swim with the other fishies.

Plus how he and Monet get along promises drama. Does he want to reconcile with her? Is he being a jerk about it? Does he know that if he pushes her, she will absolutely drop him in a volcano and then deal with the consequences after?

Seriously if X-Corp is the business/financial representative of Krakoa and this issue doesn't feature business interactions with Tony Stark, T'Challa (Wakanda), Victor Von Doom (Latveria) etc then what is the purpose of this book ?.
    My understanding is that their niche is more production while the Hellfire Corporation does trading

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I actually mostly like this preview, but then it's hard to mess up belittling and threatening nazis.

I like how Howard is writing Selene so far, but it would be stupid to go into business with her.

I love Monet, but if she is just going to steamroll over Angel, then why is he even here?

Still really dislike Foche's art.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I actually mostly like this preview, but then it's hard to mess up belittling and threatening nazis.
    Ha. They are the low-hanging fruit, it seems. "I need someone uncontroversial to get face-punched... The von Struckers!"

That said, if there's gonna be a Trial of Magneto 2.0, perhaps they can die in it. (Since they were introduced in the first Trial of Magneto, IIRC, it would be a fitting time for them to go away, never to be seen again.)

"No, no, the Fenris twins are in the ressurection queue. Right after 16,000,000 nameless Genoshans. Which means we'll get to them... Hmm. Carry the two. The 16th of Never."

I like how Howard is writing Selene so far, but it would be stupid to go into business with her.
    And yet, perhaps also dangerous to leave her out there, to her own devices, possibly (probably...) working at cross-purposes to you. Keep your enemies close, and all that. (So you have an idea what they are up to, and are well positioned to clean things up when it goes pear-shaped...)

I love Monet, but if she is just going to steamroll over Angel, then why is he even here?

Still really dislike Foche's art.
    Yeah. Monet and Angel are both visually appealing people, and this art does them no justice.

And Madrox's outfit. Blah.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-12-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That said, if there's gonna be a Trial of Magneto 2.0, perhaps they can die in it. (Since they were introduced in the first Trial of Magneto, IIRC, it would be a fitting time for them to go away, never to be seen again.)

"No, no, the Fenris twins are in the ressurection queue. Right after 16,000,000 nameless Genoshans. Which means we'll get to them... Hmm. Carry the two. The 16th of Never."

And yet, perhaps also dangerous to leave her out there, to her own devices, possibly (probably...) working at cross-purposes to you. Keep your enemies close, and all that. (So you have an idea what they are up to, and are well positioned to clean things up when it goes pear-shaped...)
    Great point about the Trial. Nice catch.
    Agreed about Selene. She's the type that you want to keep busy. If she wants to saunter around some boardrooms, by all means.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I do think that is Copycat. I hope it's her
    Last edited by Synch340; 06-12-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wonder what Carmen Carnero would have done with this book.
    I believe Carmen Carnero would do so much better doing the art for X-Corp.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Oh nooo she's writing Selene.

Madrox may have the worst Gala look of them all.
    He got the worst job too. He's the help. ALL the help.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    He got the worst job too. He's the help. ALL the help.
    Madrox is treated really inconsistently. PAD developed him from a bunch of faceless clones, all linked mentally, to having their own unique (and sometimes troublesome and contrary) personalities. And now tons of his dupes are off acting like Krakoa's own Alpha Primitives, willing servants trusted to handle sensitive matters or complex medical procedures (which I surely would not trust them to do if they could manifest 'quirks' as severe as 'psychotically attempt to murder me' from time to time!).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ha. They are the low-hanging fruit, it seems. "I need someone uncontroversial to get face-punched... The von Struckers!"

The shame is that there was hope for Andreas at least, before his most recent resurrection. During his time as Swordsman, after Andrea's death, he was actually making an effort to turn his back on his past and try and become a better person...and for a while there, he was making progress. Then after getting killed and brought back (along with Andrea) he's right back to what he used to be.

My assumption is that when their father had the Fenris twins restored he had Andreas' mind altered to erase the progress made in his Swordsman period. Either they wiped those memories out entirely....or, if they wanted him to retain the increased fighting skills he developed as Swordsman, then they just brain washed him to keep his old personality intact.