Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I straight up adore Monet's look. It's cool and fits the gala aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Selene went from Coates to Tini Howard hhahaha
    Hopefully Cap and Selene avoid each other at the gala considering she basically tried to steal his girlfriend's life force/soul.

Birdy or Copycat. Not many women have that Cole hair. I would love for it to Phantazia but she doesn't need a gun.

Is Birdy and Trinary trying to brake Sabertooth out?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 05-20-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I have the first issue of this in my quo but I haven't read it yet. I'm to understand it is only a mini? Eh... Selene? I thought that might be Kwannon.
    It's not a mini but I can't imagine it having much longevity either. And yes that's Selene. We've already seen Kwannon's Gala look and its gorgeous.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Birdy or Copycat. Not many women have that Cole hair. I would love for it to Phantazia but she doesn't need a gun.

Is Birdy and Trinary trying to brake Sabertooth out?
    Neither would have any reason to. Especially the former. Plus, I doubt writers even know who she is.

Nice preview, though the art is kina eh far as faces go. Monet's outfit has really grown on me.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-21-2021 at 12:39 AM.

The hate Tini Howard gets is so goofy. Her writing isn't my favorite but it's inoffensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wonder what Carmen Carnero would have done with this book.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Just say you hate women and go lmao.

Love the art here. Happy to see Selene back in the X-Books.
    Not sure how that equates to me hating women when I've enjoyed the writing of her colleagues who happen to be women, lgbtq+ and more. Don't pull the misogyny card.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    The hate Tini Howard gets is so goofy. Her writing isn't my favorite but it's inoffensive.
    I never cared for Excalibur in the first place so I never cared that she hasn't written that book well. I'm def cheering her on here cause I love the cast.

With that said, some people find boring/inoffensive writing to be worse than actual bad writing. I kind of agree with that at times.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I never cared for Excalibur in the first place so I never cared that she hasn't written that book well. I'm def cheering her on here cause I love the cast.

With that said, some people find boring/inoffensive writing to be worse than actual bad writing. I kind of agree with that at times.
    My problem is that she had the cast in issue 1 carry out sooooo much exposition, none of which was in the slightest bit interesting or relevant. It's certainly not Chuck Austen or Howard Mackie level drivel (and there's often more entertainment, intentional or toherwise in thsoe two dumpster fires), but it's actually quite a skill to get so little that's interesting out of so many good characters (across two books) and a decent concept here.

I do understand that this book had a rocky development, so I'm gonna give it one more issue, but between this and Excalibur... I'm unimpressed. To say the least.

Ultimate Member

Trinary leaves her goggles staring at the screen / keyboard, and Madrox is wearing the same goggles, so is he able to watch stuff going on in that other room?

It does seem that Madrox has dupes watching *everything* and is in contact with someone via that earpiece (Trinary? His dupes? He used to have a mental link with them, but that changed with PAD's reinvention of the character, so I have no idea if that's still a thing.).

I'm guessing Inez/Outlaw.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    I agree that she gets a lot of hate that's targeted and directly aimed at her rather than her writing... and honestly a lot of it's misogyny. There's still an issue with fans not thinking women can write comics as well as men. I don't like her writing on Excalibur at all, but there have been times when I think I've over-criticized her as well, for which I regret.

I've noticed something... when a woman writes, people critique them with their first name... everyone here is all Tini this and Leah that. We don't do that with Jonathan or Gerry. I understand that Howard and Williams are kind of very common names so some might think it's easier to use their given names, but there's a level of respect paid to male writers that these women aren't always given. I think this is done to Vita Ayala as well.

I really wish the creator bashing was against the rules.

People basically **** all over the boards with it. It is old and tired and should basically be summed up with, if you don't like the current storyline, don't buy it!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Coates can't write any character well unless they are named Storm. Selene was bland in his book.

This seems to indicate Selene will be making multiple appearances in this book. Let's see how Tini writes her.
    Coates’ Cap is pretty good. Black Panther was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really wish the creator bashing was against the rules.

People basically **** all over the boards with it. It is old and tired and should basically be summed up with, if you don't like the current storyline, don't buy it!
    There’s not much point in discussing the comics if we can’t say which creators’ work we dislike. Some creators suck. We don’t need to hold back our opinions on that. That’s just ridiculous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I've noticed something... when a woman writes, people critique them with their first name... everyone here is all Tini this and Leah that. We don't do that with Jonathan or Gerry. I understand that Howard and Williams are kind of very common names so some might think it's easier to use their given names, but there's a level of respect paid to male writers that these women aren't always given. I think this is done to Vita Ayala as well.
    Yeah, it's all hate on 'Hickman' or 'Bendis' or 'Duggen,' but with the lady writers it's all first names, like they are our friends or something?

Weird how we contort ourselves, even our language, to diminish people.