Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    So excited for this. What is Trinary up to?
    I do like Trinary. I finally finished X-Men: Red a few months ago so its nice to see her in another book.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's not a mini but I can't imagine it having much longevity either. And yes that's Selene. We've already seen Kwannon's Gala look and its gorgeous.
    Huh... Amazon said 1 of 3. I guess its just the arc?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I do like Trinary. I finally finished X-Men: Red a few months ago so its nice to see her in another book.

Huh... Amazon said 1 of 3. I guess its just the arc?
    4 is at least solicited. Maybe it was just 1 of 3 currently listed issues on Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Selene is a little bit of a bizarre choice to become a member of this team. I know that the X-Men are working with a lot of villains lately, but I'm surprised that they would choose to work this closely with a character that is basically a vampire who wants to become immortal by eating mutant souls.

Still, it's not a bad choice.
    I do wish that Selene had been made part of the cast sooner, though.
    It might have helped the comic survive a little longer.

Mastermind does nothing for me. I wish that one of his daughters had been picked instead.
    Same, I was hoping we'd get Lady Mastermind and I can't see Warren or Monet ever willing working with him or bringing him as a board member. Selene could add some tension to the book dynamics but I really don't see what Mastermind could possibly bring to the table

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    You've perfectly put it into words. Tini is still a relatively new and still growing as writer. People use their dislike of her writing as a personal attack and a reflection of her character rather than criticise the writing.

Meh, sometimes creators and artists deserve bashing especially if they're done something bigoted/wrong.

I know with Leah it's because she's established her presence online with her first name and for me specifically I use Tini because it's less common than Howard but it's definitely a recurring pattern with female comic writers.
    Girls almost always call each other by their first names, with guys it’s more common that they use their last names, especially at work. Don’t really know why but it’s a pattern that has, not surprisingly, extended to online.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Selene is a little bit of a bizarre choice to become a member of this team. I know that the X-Men are working with a lot of villains lately, but I'm surprised that they would choose to work this closely with a character that is basically a vampire who wants to become immortal by eating mutant souls.
    That’s practically the job description of a CEO.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I mean maybe, just maybe, Selene inclusion is to flesh out her character?

I think a lot could be done with her in this title, however I do not think given the premise which was barely established in the first issue. That a title like this plays to her strengths, as I said Selene is the oldest living mutant in an era where mutants are practically immortal. Personally, I think her character might be better served in a title like Way of X, Hellions, X-men, X-force, or even Marauders.

Though this could simply be a cameo, I just thought it was an odd place to finally see Selene outside of those issues of Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Facts.
    That was funny
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think a lot could be done with her in this title, however I do not think given the premise which was barely established in the first issue. That a title like this plays to her strengths, as I said Selene is the oldest living mutant in an era where mutants are practically immortal. Personally, I think her character might be better served in a title like Way of X, Hellions, X-men, X-force, or even Marauders.

Though this could simply be a cameo, I just thought it was an odd place to finally see Selene outside of those issues of Empyre.
    The premise of the comic was established in Empire: X-Men issue 1, not X-Corp #1. And that happened nearly a year ago. I think that's That's a part of the problem for people who read issue #1 of X-Corp without reading the Empire: X-Men mini series.

Selene tried to join the Hellfire Club, so X-Corp isn't totally out of place for her.

She probably wants the corporation employees to worship her and steal their souls. Just like a real corporation would treat it's employees.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Scripted preview is up at AiPT
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Scripted preview is up at AiPT
    Sweet!

Selene is a star already. Her centuries of experience is mouth-watering.
    And MONET gnashing them teeth. Sign me all the way up!

Incredible Member

I wonder if Emplate will show up, given that he works with Selene to feed off of Krakoa.

Seriously if X-Corp is the business/financial representative of Krakoa and this issue doesn't feature business interactions with Tony Stark, T'Challa (Wakanda), Victor Von Doom (Latveria) etc then what is the purpose of this book ?.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-11-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They're at a Gala. Not at the X-Corp offices on a Monday morning.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I wonder if Emplate will show up, given that he works with Selene to feed off of Krakoa.
    Yes please, in a sharp fitted suit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Seriously if X-Corp is the business/financial representative of Krakoa this issue doesn't feature business interactions with Tony Stark, T'Challa (Wakanda), Victor Von Doom (Latveria) etc then what is the purpose of this book ?.
    I reckon that stuff will come in time, once their board is put together and they start making big moves. They're going to need to be a solid competitive operation.
    Last edited by JB; 06-11-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're at a Gala. Not at the X-Corp offices on a Monday morning.
    State dinners are literally where business propositions are made.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!