Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sublime Exquisitenessity!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

this looks like a good issue im so excited to read it tbh also I'm in LOVE with that cover its absolutely gorgeous !
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Well, that explains why they have to go through the crucible. Sort of.

Can't wait for this!

Extraordinary Member

It makes sense. Can't wait to see how this blows up in their faces when Cosmar hears about it.

This is great. I hope it's the end of robo-leg Karma.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It makes sense. Can't wait to see how this blows up in their faces when Cosmar hears about it.
    I've seen other preview art (X-Men Monday(?) where she's watching the fight with the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This is great. I hope it's the end of robo-leg Karma.
    I hope so too, but most Gala art shows that she still has it.
    My flag is bacon.

Yeah, it could be a fake out, but I doubt it.

Mighty Member

I like the robot leg.

I like that many mutants are keeping some of their flaws otherwise they'd all look the same.

On the other side, they are presenting themselves as that great, advanced society that vanquished death itself.
    It seems ridiculous that they can't even give a girl a new leg.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    On the other side, they are presenting themselves as that great, advanced society that vanquished death itself.
    Maybe she doesn't want it? I doubt Karma is concerned with appealing to human shallowness. Choosing to keep some flaws also shows solidarity with other non-human looking mutants.

Astonishing Member

Technicaly it didn't made sense before either, since they allready had access to advanced (some even alien) technology before, both from genious scientists like Beast and technopath like Forge, which they made liberal use of to have their various adventures or resolve plot situations with. Which includes access to cloning tech.

Heck if not their own there are also plenty of "friends" they could have asked to borrow theirs.

And that's before we go into the subject of mutants with unique powers who could have restored the limb or create an organic replacement. Something the current writers are all to eager to highlight.

So for Karma to be stuck with an openly visible mechanic leg, the writers first had to disregard the option of healing it back or creating an organic duplicate they could transplate to her with no issue of rejection by the body. But with that option out of the way, they also then had to disregard the option of covering the leg up with either replicated or artifical skin. Something entirely in the realm of their options, given the technology and resources they have access to even before Krakoa was a thing.

They are the X-men, not some poor group of street samurai in Seattle who barely manage to scratch together enough Nuyen from the missions a shady Johnson gives them that they can barely buy a new chromed arm or leg to have an edge in their next milk run.

Bottom line the visibly mechanic leg makes no sense in this setting either way and questioning it means opening a can of worms, that could only be resolved by getting rid of it.

If she dies on the crucible, she will come back to life with her natural legs.

Mighty Member

So why is cyclops wearing protective glasses? Why is Wiz Kid in a wheelchair? Why isn't Kurt in his human form? Why isn't Cosmar allowed to die and get the body of a supermodel? Why doesn't the Blob kill himself and come back in the body of an instagram model?

And who wants human legs when you can get legs from the Shiiar that never get cramps?

Not sure why you want everyone to have the same body type. Meanwhile over in XMEN, Jean, Polaris, Rogue and Wolverine all look identical except with diff color hair.

Yes it doesn't make sense that Cyclops still has a proactive wear, but Cyclops without it, is plain and would have to change his name. These flaws are kept to show diversity. Getting rid of all flaws seems like you guys don't value individuality and accepting yourself even coming to love your own flaws.

Let Karma keep her robot leg, just make it cooler than a real leg.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 05-20-2021 at 04:05 PM.