Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Flashpoint Batman may be coming back, possibly Infinite Frontier

Alright so I wasn't 100% sure until this morning but I'm pretty sure we are going to see Thomas Wayne as Batman make his post City of Bane appearance. I say all this because of Twitter and I will post the links but Mitch Gerads who is doing the covers for Infinite Frontier showed off artwork of Thomas Wayne two days ago and the writer Joshua Williamson also posted a gif of Thomas Wayne from the Flashpoint animated movie. So yeah I'm getting the inclination that Thomas Wayne is making a reappearance in Infinite Frontier when the entire creative team is posting stuff about Thomas Wayne.

That does make me wonder then if Thomas is going to show up in the Robin book, because Williamson is writing that ongoing as well and Thomas was a pretty huge influence on how Damian got to this point in his life to say the least.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...70681143312384

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...49549557555200
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I just hope he'll die or be returned to his proper place in time, like Jor-El was.

King destroyed this character, sadly.

Yeah, the idea has been kinda ran into the ground.

Is there really much story left to tell with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian revenge arc?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Damian revenge arc?
    That's pretty much the only reason I'd want to see him come back. Let the whole Batfamily go up against him again, and this time show what would ACTUALLY happen. If you're not gonna do that then leave him where he is. Forever. Bane and Flashpoint Batman are both kinda ruined for me, thanks to King. But I've accepted that Bane probably won't be gone for too much longer.

I wouldn’t say ruined, I’ve seen plenty of characters over the years who were so called ruined by this or that story only to bounce back because a different writer made up for it with a better story. Who knows what will happen now that’s he on the main earth and the Flashpoint world was erased, but let’s see if we can get a good story or not.
    Words to live by.

It was such a perfect ending to let him die with his universe... I hope they'll reset him to that exact place now that the omniverse exist and technically his world didn't die after all.

The King version could have easily been a false version.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's pretty much the only reason I'd want to see him come back. Let the whole Batfamily go up against him again, and this time show what would ACTUALLY happen. If you're not gonna do that then leave him where he is. Forever. Bane and Flashpoint Batman are both kinda ruined for me, thanks to King. But I've accepted that Bane probably won't be gone for too much longer.
    Didnt Bane die in Infinite Frontier 0 during the attack on Arkham?
    But yeah, i doubt Bane will be away for longer.

Visually they both were cool, but King ruined them for me too a bit.
    Especially since Flashpoint Batman had such a great ending...and then King goes and brings him back that way to tell a story that wasnt needed to be told.

Having him back and see the Batfamily take Revenge on him for Alfred and stuff, that could be neat...but i rather have them change continuity to where he found his end when the Flashpoint world was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Didnt Bane die in Infinite Frontier 0 during the attack on Arkham?
    But yeah, i doubt Bane will be away for longer.

Visually they both were cool, but King ruined them for me too a bit.
    Especially since Flashpoint Batman had such a great ending...and then King goes and brings him back that way to tell a story that wasnt needed to be told.

Having him back and see the Batfamily take Revenge on him for Alfred and stuff, that could be neat...but i rather have them change continuity to where he found his end when the Flashpoint world was destroyed.
    I mean theoretically so should have Thomas Wayne, I thought he was dead because last we saw of him was in Arkham after A-day and now its gone. I guess he took after his son though and survived it.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

If he does I'd prefer it to be a rebooted version from a copy of the Flashpoint Earth in the New Multiverse/Omniverse.

Great to hear that Thomas Wayne's Batman is coming back. Hopefully, he'll be similar to the Andy Kubert/Flashpoint version:

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-21-2021 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

King trashed a potentially good storyline. Hell, a fanfiction took the whole "Thomas Wayne comes to the main universe" thing, and instead of going psycho on his family (worse than Bruce, which is not a good thing), he instead kind of settles down, seeing his son and the others have a far better grasp on their Gotham than he could. Plus getting up in age, he can instead go back to medicine. Though, Joker Martha also turned up and formed a temporary alliance with main Joker.

Some pretty good interactions between the characters, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the same.. Knowing that he is Old I even thought before that he would be dead after Bane BROKE HIM..

But he returned after that in a secondary comic HQuinn Year of villain.. But I thought that I would not see him in years again
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-22-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

He should get his own ongoing. Batman who laughs as well.