Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Come up with a Defenders line-up using this formula...

In the "Last Defenders" mini-series a few years back they said a Defenders line-up with a great destiny would come about consisting of the following:

“A master of the occult. An expression of pure, brute force. A water elemental. And, most importantly, a strong presence to lead them"

So the point of this post is to come up with your own line-up with the above formula, BUT...it's gotta be original. The 4 characters can not have appeared all together in a Defenders line-up previously, although it can be close.

So, for instance, you can't do:

Dr. Strange
    Hulk
    Sub-Mariner
    Silver Surfer (as the one to lead them)

but you could do

Dr. Strange
    Hulk
    Sub-Mariner
    Cyclops

Points for originality and "themes", like if I did the Lame Defenders:

Dr. Druid
    She-Thing
    Eel (from S.U.R.F.)
    NFL Superpro

Thanks!
    Last edited by edpower; 05-21-2021 at 06:05 AM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Scarlet Witch
    She-Hulk
    Namornita or however that is spelled
    Invisible Woman, to lead
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Nico
    Hercules
    Iceman
    Angela

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-21-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Clea
    Red She-Hulk
    Crystal
    Jean Grey (leader)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

“A master of the occult. An expression of pure, brute force. A water elemental. And, most importantly, a strong presence to lead them"
    Dr. Voodoo, Luke Cage, Namora, Black Panther.

International Edition!

Talisman
    Ursa Major
    Wave
    Captain Britain/Avalon (Brian Braddock)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Ok, let's think of a group that no one would envision working together, and then add at least one character from waaaaaaaaay back in Marvel history (Rom comic, circa early 1980s) to keep the writers on their toes and give the creative team a new character to mold and develop. Here goes:

A water elemental
    Wave. I like that this mistress of hydrokinesis hails from the Philippines. It's easy to connect her to Sybil and Blue Marvel. If she's not available, Loa and Crystal are my next choices.

An expression of pure, brute force
    Kurse. Anyone that is multiple times stronger than Thor easily makes the cut. That Kurse is also sometimes seen as unpredictable and a villain doesn't hurt.

A strong presence to lead them
    Blue Marvel. Dr. Brashear is finally in a position where the situation calls for him to lead without deferring to anyone else. The team operates out of his base at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean near Challenger Deep. It's a good thing, too, because his weekly sparring matches with Algrim would probably level entire states were they to occur on land. (Any tsunami risks are curtailed by Wave.)

A master of the occult
    Sybil, The Oracle of Atlantis. Who is she? She's the niece of a Dire Wraith High Witch that spent her childhood being infused with their ancient magic. She met Rom and Namor, the latter saving her life by combining her human (and presumably part Dire Wraith) physiology with Atlantean DNA. Sybil's background gives the creative team quite a bit to work with, but I'd pen her as a powerful High Priestess with mastery of both Atlantean and Dire Wraith mysticism. That said, obviously, if I wanted to sell more books, I’d insert Scarlet Witch here, or one of the X-characters (Selene, Illyana Rasputin, Goblin Queen, Spiral, etc.) as the magic user.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Ok, let's think of a group that no one would envision working together, and then add at least one character from waaaaaaaaay back in Marvel history (Rom comic, circa early 1980s) to keep the writers on their toes and give the creative team a new character to mold and develop. Here goes:

A water elemental
    Wave. I like that this mistress of hydrokinesis hails from the Philippines. It's easy to connect her to Sybil and Blue Marvel. If she's not available, Loa and Crystal are my next choices.

An expression of pure, brute force
    Kurse. Anyone that is multiple times stronger than Thor easily makes the cut. That Kurse is also sometimes seen as unpredictable and a villain doesn't hurt.

A strong presence to lead them
    Blue Marvel. Dr. Brashear is finally in a position where the situation calls for him to lead without deferring to anyone else. The team operates out of his base at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean near Challenger Deep. It's a good thing, too, because his weekly sparring matches with Algrim would probably level entire states were they to occur on land. (Any tsunami risks are curtailed by Wave.)

A master of the occult
    Sybil, The Oracle of Atlantis. Who is she? She's the niece of a Dire Wraith High Witch that spent her childhood being infused with their ancient magic. She met Rom and Namor, the latter saving her life by combining her human (and presumably part Dire Wraith) physiology with Atlantean DNA. Sybil's background gives the creative team quite a bit to work with, but I'd pen her as a powerful High Priestess with mastery of both Atlantean and Dire Wraith mysticism. That said, obviously, if I wanted to sell more books, I’d insert Scarlet Witch here, or one of the X-characters (Selene, Illyana Rasputin, Goblin Queen, Spiral, etc.) as the magic user.
    I like your inclusion of Kurse. He really is beyond strong.

Oracle is interesting, especially her name Sybil. This is the same as the Shi'ar telepath.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Feron (magic)
    Hydro-Man (water)
    Red She Hulk (power)
    Doctor Doom (leader)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Doctor Strange
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Talisman

Like the idea of NC on an Defenders team as well. I think he has the look. The team always had a rather strange/mythical look about it -- classically.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-21-2021 at 06:52 PM.

A master of the occult - Bats is a ghost w. an enchantment that makes his barks understandable to whoever’s listening. He can go intangible, invisible, and possess the living. That’s pretty good for a dog.

An expression of pure, brute force - Thori is all about brute force. He’s a Hel Hound, and loves battle, is capable of speech, can survive in space, is pyrokinetic, and strong enough to take down Asgardians, Trolls, and even some demons.

A water elemental - Jeff is, well, a land shark. He’s everything you fear about sharks and everything you love about dogs all rolled into one. Still growing, he can already take your arm off w. a bite. Luckily he’s pretty friendly, though. He is of course, a very good swimmer.

And, most importantly, a strong presence to lead them - Cosmo is super experienced at hero-ing and is a veteran of several teams. His mental powers are no joke. Also he’s a space character so fits the Silver Surfer role.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like your inclusion of Kurse. He really is beyond strong.

Oracle is interesting, especially her name Sybil. This is the same as the Shi'ar telepath.
    Thanks! I also like the Imperial Guard character, since she's the Saturn Girl from the Legion of Super Heroes analog. It's only fitting that there is more than one sybil or oracle as there were many of them in history and myth. Marvel created the Oracle of Atlantis decades ago, but I guess no one really cared to develop her at all after that. Given her Atlantean and Dire Wraith influences, I think she could be a pretty cool character, if handled properly.

Thanks! I also like the Imperial Guard character, since she's the Saturn Girl from the Legion of Super Heroes analog. It's only fitting that there is more than one sybil or oracle as there were many of them in history and myth. Marvel created the Oracle of Atlantis decades ago, but I guess no one really cared to develop her at all after that. Given her Atlantean and Dire Wraith influences, I think she could be a pretty cool character, if handled properly.
    You are welcome. And all very true. I like the Atlantean stuff and there is so many old characters that they should explore more.

All of these ideas are fun, but I especially like your mention of

Sybil, the child from the Dire-wraiths story who came to live in Atlantis - - whoa, I thought no one ever remembered her. ~has she appeared anywhere else? ~

I don't remember her being part Wraith, I thought she was the step child of the wraith, but I 'll have to look it up.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all