Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    I kept thinking, is that really the movie people gush over? This is supposed to be Snyders big comback? According to one reviewer "Zack Snyders Suicide Squad"?
    Really?
    Since Suicide Squad sucked, I agree with this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not great but overall I dug it. The opening almost shot for shot homage to American Werewolf in London was cool. Like every “commando putting a team together” movie you get all the stereotypes. As a Mexi myself I had to roll my eyes at Snyder including the “spicy Latina arm candy” and the “gangsta” stereotype characters in one movie. Though I have to give him credit for adding some twists to some tired tropes. We knew the chola character was a red shirt but she went out like John Wick. That was fun and surprising. Although she goes through all that only to have the other characters say “she’s done for, let’s go” when they are sharp shooters who could have helped her out.

One of George A. Romero’s biggest influences was the book I am Legend, so it was very fitting to see this race of zombies/ghouls trying to start their own society. Since the main zombie was being housed at Area 51 and was sought after as a weapon, I wonder if he was a failed super soldier experiment. Would be cool to get his backstory.

I watch it and while it wasn't great I still dug it. I have a theory that Vanderohe has resistance to the zombie virus in the movie. this theory comes from the fact takes him a long time in the movie to actually show any signs of symptoms.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not great but overall I dug it. The opening almost shot for shot homage to American Werewolf in London was cool. Like every “commando putting a team together” movie you get all the stereotypes. As a Mexi myself I had to roll my eyes at Snyder including the “spicy Latina arm candy” and the “gangsta” stereotype characters in one movie. Though I have to give him credit for adding some twists to some tired tropes. We knew the chola character was a red shirt but she went out like John Wick. That was fun and surprising. Although she goes through all that only to have the other characters say “she’s done for, let’s go” when they are sharp shooters who could have helped her out.

One of George A. Romero’s biggest influences was the book I am Legend, so it was very fitting to see this race of zombies/ghouls trying to start their own society. Since the main zombie was being housed at Area 51 and was sought after as a weapon, I wonder if he was a failed super soldier experiment. Would be cool to get his backstory.
    Yeah, the “saucy, super tough latina” thing is a bit of tired trope. It’s like since “Aliens” made it a thing, Hollywood can’t let go of it.

The way Chambers went out was so strange (I remember her name because she had the most bad ass death in the movie). All the others were heavily armed and were looking at her fighting for her life. Between the point she jumped out of the window and eventually got bit I think the others could have done something. Guzman especially was looking at her directly as she was taking out the zombies surrounding her.

It’s like people had to die in some of the silliest ways possible. Case in point, when the French lady was holding the bride’s head, what did she plan to do when she didn’t go into the helicopter? It didn’t make sense.

Then lastly, what happened to the lady the daughter went back to save? Did she die in the crash too? That whole sub plot was so weird. How exactly did she plan to rescue someone deep within the zombie stronghold?

But I did like the Zombie hierarchy and I agree it would be cool to get a zombie backstory that explains what created them (or at least what created the alpha).

Vanderohe suddenly being revealed to have been bitten at the end is strange. Since in no part of the movie do we actually see Vanderohe get bitten by a zombie, not even the Alpha zombie. Of course, him walking out of a city that just got nuke is a huge WTF. Serious he just walks out of an irradiated city all fine, No radiation poison whatsoever.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Vanderohe suddenly being revealed to have been bitten at the end is strange. Since in no part of the movie do we actually see Vanderohe get bitten by a zombie, not even the Alpha zombie. Of course, him walking out of a city that just got nuke is a huge WTF. Serious he just walks out of an irradiated city all fine, No radiation poison whatsoever.
    I thought about that too but I thought maybe my science was off.

A nuke was leave fallout all over the place.

The movie had a lot of WTF moments.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Actually no it isn't a nuke isn't Chernobyl, Fallout is thing that varies from the distance you are to epicenter it isn't that crazy he just walked away.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-23-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Eh, I tried to like it, but seemed more like a Resident Evil spin-off with the CGI blood and gore. And I felt the movie was a little too long. Thought Snyder would deliver the goods as he did with the Dawn Of The Dead remake, but I was like WTF? Could've been better.

Astonishing Member

I felt it was fairly predictable. So, I am not a great fan. If I had to go to a theater, I would have been disappointed.

If a sequel is the virus getting loose, what a surprise. Never see that coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Actually no it isn't a nuke isn't Chernobyl, Fallout is thing that varies from the distance you are to epicenter it isn't that crazy he just walked away.
    Ground zero was pretty much all of Las Vegas. So it is doubtful he escaped the fallout. Also, how did he get out of the vault?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ground zero was pretty much all of Las Vegas. So it is doubtful he escaped the fallout. Also, how did he get out of the vault?
    Yeah, since Las Vegas was the detonation site there will definitely be radiation fallout over a large part of the area.

And good question about the vault. I guess the movie would have us believe the nuke blew it apart but that doesn't make much sense since it was underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, since Las Vegas was the detonation site there will definitely be radiation fallout over a large part of the area.

And good question about the vault. I guess the movie would have us believe the nuke blew it apart but that doesn't make much sense since it was underground.
    And enough force to blow apart the safe would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It was good. Not great but good.

It's a perfectly fine "friday night on the couch" popcorn movie.

My problems were:

1. It was too long. These kind of movies shouldn't be much more than 100 minutes.
    2. Too nihilistic. This isn't surprising considering this is Zack Snyder.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. It's good but not as good as Snyder's Dawn of the Dead which was pretty awesome.
    Agreed on the length -- Snyder needs to learn how to tighten things up. For the nihilism part, though, I remember at one point thinking, "There aren't enough deaths yet in this movie." It took a while for the action to ramp up.

And then there were at least three instances where our heroes could have fired to save someone/themselves and inexplicably didn't, just standing there and watching bad things happen with their mouths agape.

For every "very common abbreviation" there are as many people who don't know it. I have found I have had to explain a few myself. LOL, YMMV
    In fairness, in CBR the abbreviation is used most often in Rumbles, General, and the TV/Film boards, since they're all about plot impacting a character's efficiency in some way. It shows up fairly consistently but not as often in the separate franchise boards as well (Superman, X-Men, etc.), especially when reviewing an issue.

As soon as he was pushed into the vault it would lock, no food no air maybe a few hours tops. He was also aware that the nuke was due so he would have waited, also if the German only pushed the vault door over surely the alpha would have opened it. A backstory on the alpha would have been nice however he was bullet proof all over yet one bullet killed him?
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member

Good popcorn but this movie suffers from what most horror movies do. Really dumb, unlikable characters the daughter in particular is just the worst...effed up thing is she's the only one who survives lol. Nah man that's just wrong.