Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

I will give him credit on not killing the black guy first, though

Incredible Member

I had it on as background noise and quit after the first hour, maybe I was tired and finish it out some other day. But one thing I immensely hated was all the licensed songs playing during the opening credits yeah we get it's taking place in Las Vegas so we need some Elvis showtunes but damn don't over do it dude.

Zack Snyder does this BS all the time, it was ok with Watchmen because the songs chosen fit the movie better but then in he uses the same tactic for his four hour Justice League snorefest, give it a break dude!!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Is Army of the Dead anyway connected to Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake? Big fan of that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Is Army of the Dead anyway connected to Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake? Big fan of that film.
    No not at all. He wrote this one and you can tell. Lots of nonsense and shit that makes no sense. That said it was fun enough for a watch if you got nothing else to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Kinda sorta

https://screenrant.com/army-dead-daw...04-connection/

So late to the party with this lol but I finally got around to watching it.

I thought it was pretty bad. I would have felt it average if it shaved at least a half hour off. I think my main problem was that it has a cool premise that promises balls to the wall visuals and action but didn’t succeed in either. CGI was good for the most part. The plot was overstuffed with many characters just not needing to be there. Dialogue was rough. Dieter and Vanderhoe were good. Bautista was quite wooden I thought (unfortunate he passed on The Suicide Squad for this). Subplot with his daughter was another annoying part of it. I don’t think Vegas needed to be nuked. A bit dramatic. HATED having “Alpha” zombies (this is a bias of mine for any movie that attempts it really). I feel like zombies having a hierarchy starts humanising them and just makes it less scary. Some great action scenes, but yeah overall it’s not for me.

I would actually be more interested in a movie following parents that go into Vegas to get money from the slot machines like Geeta. I think you could make a great horror movie out of that