Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

I think it will be Aquaman tier, going to go see it tomorrow. It’ll be entertaining but that’s all which is fine. L&T apparently suffered from
    A. People getting sick of the MCU formula
    B. Constantly undercutting every serious moment with quips and
    C. A not insubstantial number of people who don’t like Thor being a comedy

Nobody is going to see a movie called “Super Pets” with any high minded expectations
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it will be Aquaman tier, going to go see it tomorrow. It’ll be entertaining but that’s all which is fine. L&T apparently suffered from
    A. People getting sick of the MCU formula
    B. Constantly undercutting every serious moment with quips and
    C. A not insubstantial number of people who don’t like Thor being a comedy

Nobody is going to see a movie called “Super Pets” with any high minded expectations
    I'm one of those, although after Ragnarok it felt like we were the minority .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Guess Super Pets ends on a sequel tease

Looks like reviews have it settling in the 70s on RT so it should be some dumb fun. Apparently the final battle is very cool looking.
    Is there a Superhero related movie nowadays without a sequel tease? lol

There is another post credit scene at the very end too.

6576ACF9-6D38-445F-B300-B4475D75B146.jpg

Saw Super Pets. Enjoyed it, it’s definitely an all ages movie on the same level as Aquaman, but there’s a few jokes for adults. Typical set up for an animated movie that’s a comedy. Recommend it if you liked Aquaman, Disney’s Bolt, or the Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie. They’ve got a great aesthetic for Metropolis, how come the live action films never try to make Metropolis look that cool? Would love a full fledged Superman movie in this style.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

6576ACF9-6D38-445F-B300-B4475D75B146.jpg

Saw Super Pets. Enjoyed it, it’s definitely an all ages movie on the same level as Aquaman, but there’s a few jokes for adults. Typical set up for an animated movie that’s a comedy. Recommend it if you liked Aquaman, Disney’s Bolt, or the Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie. They’ve got a great aesthetic for Metropolis, how come the live action films never try to make Metropolis look that cool? Would love a full fledged Superman movie in this style.
    One of the better Superman movies that's only technically a Superman movie .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the better Superman movies that's only technically a Superman movie .
    Bunch of kids at my showing came dressed up as Superman and Wonder Woman which was neat. If this gets more kids into DC then it’s a success in my book. I mean the Krypto cartoon show was a favorite of mine as a kid lol. Lot of ways into DC fandom these days.

Bunch of kids at my showing came dressed up as Superman and Wonder Woman which was neat. If this gets more kids into DC then it’s a success in my book. I mean the Krypto cartoon show was a favorite of mine as a kid lol. Lot of ways into DC fandom these days.
    It makes me glad they haven't given up on kids animation, at least.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm one of those, although after Ragnarok it felt like we were the minority .
    Well with a billion dollar box office any critiques looks like it comes from the minority to be fair.

At the very least such critiques are becoming more accepted now.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It makes me glad they haven't given up on kids animation, at least.
    Makes me excited for the Metal Men movie. That I am really looking forward too cause who would have thought the Goddamn Metal Men would get their own movie? Should be a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Makes me excited for the Metal Men movie. That I am really looking forward too cause who would have thought the Goddamn Metal Men would get their own movie? Should be a fun time.
    Animation is a great way to highlight characters who might not be able to cut it on their own in live action. DC animation especially has historically been great at introducing people to the wider DCU.

If the movie doesn’t tease the appearance of Streaky and Dex Star for the sequel we riot

Maybe in the sequel they have to help Titano. Lots of fun possibilities.

It’s looking like Superpets will open slightly below expectations with about $24 million. Hopefully the positive reviews will give it some legs. Man, the DC brand is in really bad shape.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-30-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm hearing that the box office for this film hasn't been great. That's unfortunate. I guess the DC brand has been so damaged by this point that even a straight ahead kids film like this can't get enough people excited about their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If the movie doesn’t tease the appearance of Streaky and Dex Star for the sequel we riot

Maybe in the sequel they have to help Titano. Lots of fun possibilities.
    Knowing The Rock, he'd like the sequel to be about Krypto vs Anubis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm hearing that the box office for this film hasn't been great. That's unfortunate. I guess the DC brand has been so damaged by this point that even a straight ahead kids film like this can't get enough people excited about their stuff.
    I think it has more to do with there having already been a high profile superhero comedy movie this month in L&T (which didn’t get received well by the general public). People probably weren’t that interested in seeing another one so soon. Oh well maybe it will have good legs or maybe it will get a second wind on HBO Max.

Superpets was only a stealth ads for the BA vs SM movie, lol: "You guys already know how I feel about SUPERMAN vs BLACK ADAM. The Indestructible Force meets the Immovable Object." https://www.instagram.com/p/CgsVou5P37r/

Planting the seed in the public consciousness.