Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Incredible Member

The Rock Rolls Out Full Post-Credit Scene For ‘DC’s League Of Super-Pets’ In Social Post

meaning "My movie is not doing so well at the box office, here is some bait"

https://deadline.com/2022/08/therock...st-1235086852/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    The Rock Rolls Out Full Post-Credit Scene For ‘DC’s League Of Super-Pets’ In Social Post

Yup. Keep in mind the Rock wants to be the creative force behind a JSA universe if not all of DC films. To the extent any one actor will have significant say in the direction of DC films and with Batfleck seemingly on-board, IMO Johnson's chances of doing that are fading. BA will tell the tale. If it is huge his chances will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

I hope WB doesn't give up on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Exactly. I suspect many movie-goers (who are not DC fans) won't go to see a DC film because of the poor quality of the films to date - with exceptions like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Still this film is soft and fuzzy and features the Rock so I am a bit surprised it did so poorly - it won't make its 90 million price tag back at the box office.
    Honestly, I think this is one of those things where it'll do better in the long run than the short run (home video, etc). But until they really do the work and untarnish the brand (which, ironically, films like this could do), they'll keep running into this problem.

If they were to announce that Super-Pets was the start of an animated cinematic universe, I do think it would have done better.. sad as it is, the MCU has really planted the universe idea in people's heads that the two go together - and anything that isn't that doesn't quite perform as well.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member

I think that you are seeing too much in this - I mean regarding the tarnished brand because of WB's previous decisions. The Super-Pets may be a failure, but if it is the case it is because - to put it simply - nobody cares about the Super-Pets. Financing a movie which most potential viewers have interpreted (and rightly so) as an attempt to ride the success of the Secret Life of Pets was a silly idea in the first place.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I think that you are seeing too much in this - I mean regarding the tarnished brand because of WB's previous decisions. The Super-Pets may be a failure, but if it is the case it is because - to put it simply - nobody cares about the Super-Pets. Financing a movie which most potential viewers have interpreted (and rightly so) as an attempt to ride the success of the Secret Life of Pets was a silly idea in the first place.
    Super-Pets isn't a very buzz-worthy property, to be sure - but it's aimed at kids right around the time that Minions is out, so it was going to have a hard time anyway. That's true. That said, if WB had been making good brand decisions, there'd be better talk around anything regarding DC properties in general, which could have helped this. That's what I mean by tarnished.

It might have been a silly idea, but I actually really enjoyed the movie.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That was post credit scene was fun.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I dunno, Superheroes + animals + animation seemed like a decent enough concept. Critically it seems to be doing solid as well.

Just watched it on HBO Max last night. I thought it was unmemorable but not necessarily bad to watch. It does feel like it makes more sense for a long-time fan than something to introduce young kids to the Superman franchise. I think Kevin Hart and Johnson were not as funny as I'd have liked, but Keanu as Batman was good casting, though.

On the plus side, if it helped even the tiniest bit to get Superman back into live-action, then I'm glad it was made instead of being somewhat indifferent.

Retired

Superdog or Super-Dog, which should it be? I see both being used, but I like to be consistent. The first story, in ADVENTURE COMICS 210 (March 1955) had "The Superdog from Krypton" on the cover but "The Super-Dog from Krypton" on the story inside--which seems to be where all the trouble starts.