Thread: Netflix's Trese

Default Netflix's Trese

When it comes to the supernatural, the cops have Alexanda Trese on speed dial. Set in Manila and based on the award-winning Filipino comic, TRESE brings horror folklore like you've never heard before.

Can Netflix stop trying to paint obviously Western Animation as "anime?"

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can Netflix stop trying to paint obviously Western Animation as "anime?"
    This one's Southeast Asian but I don't understand why Netflix keeps taking away credit from other countries' animation industry.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    This one's Southeast Asian but I don't understand why Netflix keeps taking away credit from other countries' animation industry.
    Fair enough, but I still don't feel like it qualifies to call it "anime."

Stepping around the "is it anime or not" discussion, this looks pretty cool. I know nothing about Filipino comics, but the animation looks good, it looks uber violent and creepy, and it's in my interests. Love the dark paranormal shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Stepping around the "is it anime or not" discussion, this looks pretty cool. I know nothing about Filipino comics, but the animation looks good, it looks uber violent and creepy, and it's in my interests. Love the dark paranormal shows.
    I feel like Filipino mythology, horror, and the supernatural are really underrated, and I'm glad it's getting a series devoted to it. Sure, it gets brought up in shows like, um, Supernatural, but this looks like a big step forward.

Plus, Manny Jacinto *and* Lou Diamond Phillips together just sounds like a grand idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I feel like Filipino mythology, horror, and the supernatural are really underrated, and I'm glad it's getting a series devoted to it. Sure, it gets brought up in shows like, um, Supernatural, but this looks like a big step forward.

Plus, Manny Jacinto *and* Lou Diamond Phillips together just sounds like a grand idea.
    I'm not sure if Filipino mythology is so much "underrated" here in the west as it is "unknown." We usually just don't have any exposure to it outside of random episodes of Supernatural and Grimm - and usually we're not sure if it's real Filipino folklore stuff or just stuff the show made up. So definitely good that it's getting a whole series on it's own. Should help.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Color me intrigued after watching the trailer. I'll give Trese a looksee!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!