Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom #1 Preview/Discussion

Well while this may be up against the Tom King mini that gained critical acclaim and I only recently learned about Shilo Norman himself, but I have a feeling that this mini series will be a lot of fun. I mean who wouldn’t like to see a freefalling from Space stunt as the opening pages to sell us on this super heroic escape artist.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/21/dc...-of-freedom-1/

Last edited by sifighter; 05-21-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Gotta love that cocky style
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mr. Miracle is one of my favourite characters but it was a complete turn off for me to find out it was not Scott Free.

I know that Shilo has been around a long time, but DC's duplicate hero phenomenon keeps happening to my favourite heroes, and has become somewhat out of control and widespread.

So I'll pass.

Is his Mother Box supposed to be his Barda ?

Looks like a cool comic .

Does anyone know if this takes place in "Future State" or in the modern day DCU? I'm a New God/Mr. Miracle fan but not enough to pick up another FS series/title...

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Does anyone know if this takes place in "Future State" or in the modern day DCU? I'm a New God/Mr. Miracle fan but not enough to pick up another FS series/title...
    I think in the announcement interview Easton said it was present day.
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Mr. Miracle is one of my favourite characters but it was a complete turn off for me to find out it was not Scott Free.

I know that Shilo has been around a long time, but DC's duplicate hero phenomenon keeps happening to my favourite heroes, and has become somewhat out of control and widespread.

So I'll pass.
    For the RECORD- Shilo was made Mr Miracle in the 90s. Mr Miracle vol 2 issue 23 1991. In Scott Free's 90 series and was spotlighted in the last few issues and some issue of Justice League. Where Scott did not want him to join Justice League.

So we have had two guys running around as Mr Miracle for near 30 years. Shilo took a break (to run a prison and fight with Joker in an event) until the Seven Soldiers series and start back while Scott was also active.

Tom King's run and Mr Miracle vol 3 was the only runs that he did not appear in.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For the RECORD- Shilo was made Mr Miracle in the 90s. Mr Miracle vol 2 issue 23 1991. In Scott Free's 90 series and was spotlighted in the last few issues and some issue of Justice League. Where Scott did not want him to join Justice League.

So we have had two guys running around as Mr Miracle for near 30 years. Shilo took a break (to run a prison and fight with Joker in an event) until the Seven Soldiers series and start back while Scott was also active.

Tom King's run and Mr Miracle vol 3 was the only runs that he did not appear in.
    I'm quite aware that Shilo briefly took over for Mr. Miracle in the final issues of the run, because I own it. He has been sparsely used as Mr Miracle since.

For me, Mr Miracle is Scott alongside Big Barda and Oberon. Shilo is simply another knock off replicate hero that I have no interest in reading, thanks though.

I'm quite aware that Shilo briefly took over for Mr. Miracle in the final issues of the run, because I own it. He has been sparsely used as Mr Miracle since.

For me, Mr Miracle is Scott alongside Big Barda and Oberon. Shilo is simply another knock off replicate hero that I have no interest in reading, thanks though.
    Hey that’s perfectly acceptable, I hope that you can find a story to you like to read with them in the foreseeable future.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey that’s perfectly acceptable, I hope that you can find a story to you like to read with them in the foreseeable future.
    Thanks, cheers.

Thanks, cheers.
    Not a problem, everyone should be able to get what they want as they enjoy this hobby. For example I might be interested in Jon, Jace, & Yara but people should still be able to enjoy reading Clark, Bruce, & Diana, so if you want Scott that’s fine. There’s room for everyone.
    Words to live by.

see this, this I find petty and irritating. it's derogatory for the sake of being derogatory, as if people don't enjoy this character, and it's demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding of either the term "knock-off", these characters' story, or what the identity of Mister Miracle means. this book ain't for you, that's fine go re-read King's or Kirby's runs, but Shilo's a legacy character, like Hal, like Barry, like Scot himself; let's respect that please.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    see this, this I find petty and irritating. it's derogatory for the sake of being derogatory, as if people don't enjoy this character, and it's demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding of either the term "knock-off", these characters' story, or what the identity of Mister Miracle means. this book ain't for you, that's fine go re-read King's or Kirby's runs, but Shilo's a legacy character, like Hal, like Barry, like Scot himself; let's respect that please.
    I am not sure how you can compare Shilo to Hal and Barry, he's hardly ever been used.

When I see an issue with one of my favourite heroes I expect it to be that hero, in this case Scott.

I am allowed to express my opinion and disappointment if it is not.

Anyhow I will turn this over back to general discussion. I hope you enjoy the book.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

This looks so much better than I had hoped! I don't know much about this Mister Miracle or why there are three different versions running around currently, but I like it. I'm really interested to get to know Shilo, especially if it's in a book that looks this good. Hopefully, it's as well written.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    This looks so much better than I had hoped! I don't know much about this Mister Miracle or why there are three different versions running around currently, but I like it. I'm really interested to get to know Shilo, especially if it's in a book that looks this good. Hopefully, it's as well written.
    I’m not big of miracle history but wasn’t the first one just the stage performer whose death inspired both Scott and Shilo?
    Words to live by.