Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Henry Cavill To Star in Lionsgate’s ‘Highlander’ Reboot From Chad Stahelski

Henry Cavill To Star in Lionsgate’s ‘Highlander’ Reboot From Chad Stahelski

Sources tell Deadline that the Man of Steel star is in talks for one of the lead roles in Lionsgate’s reboot of Highlander with John Wick director Chad Stahelski helming. Kerry Williamson penned the script.

The plot of this latest take is unknown, as is whether Cavill will be playing a brand new character to the universe or a character from previous projects. The reboot has been gestating for a while with everyone from Ryan Reynolds to Justin Lin involved at some point, but sources say these latest pieces coming together put this film into position to get into production.

I can totally see Henry Cavill as Connor MacLeod or whatever similar character they cast him as.

Highlander has long needed to throw out everything (except the first movie) or do something like this, a total restart where any sequels or shows stop rewriting history.

If they manage to get through s second movie that doesn't get laughed out of town, they will have already accomplished their mission.
    Power with Girl is better.

Cavill making a name for himself with fantasy swordsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cavill making a name for himself with fantasy swordsmen.
    He can legit handle a sword which I think lends to that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There can only be as many as the studio thinks it can get away with beating out of the dead horse.

I have seen some people say they wanted Scottish actor Sam heughan to play the character