Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Which characters (other than Superman and Batman) should get a cartoon?

With the recent announcement of the new Superman and Batman cartoons, it got me thinking about the other DC characters/franchises, which apart from Justice League/Teen Titans shows, have largely remained underrepresented in animation.

Which DC characters other than the Big Two would you like to see get their own series?

Some of my preferences:

Wonder Woman

Its a bit crazy that she's never had her own animated series. I think Diana should have a series that basically does for her what BTAS did for Batman and introduce her mythos to a whole new generation. I'd borrow from a bunch of different eras - the DCEU, Post-Crisis, the Golden Age - to create a distilled version of the character. The show will be set in the present-day, and Diana would have a secret identity as Diana Prince, antiques expert and museum curator, working alongside Julia Kapetalis and Barbara Minerva (until her villanous turn) in Washington DC - with Colonel Steve Trevor as Wonder Woman's military liason. I'd keep Diana's history in WW1 and WW2 as well. Etta Candy and the Holiday Girls would be in the supporting cast too. We'd have a wide range of villains from all eras. Oh, and of course, plenty of Themyscera and Amazon myth. A bit of everything!

The Flash

Starring Barry Allen of course. To begin with, the show will start with Barry having been Flash already for about a year, and deal with his first encounters with the various rogue's. The supporting cast would include Iris West, Barry's girlfriend and reporter for Picture News (which would be a local TV channel rather than a newspaper/magazine). STAR Labs would figure as well, with Meena Dhawan as a prominent scientist and possible rival for Iris' affections. Gradually the show would open up to time-travel and alternate realities - all the fun stuff - and Jay Garrick and Wally West would be introduced.

Incredible Member

Cyborg. he can deal with the internet of all things like smart phones, smart houses, smart cars etc..

Vixen. I would pair her with fantastical creatures with powers like a animated talking Tiger, birds and other animals on a cocoa chocolate producing farm in Ghana. She's kind of too powerful so I would limit her abilities with a dial phone similar to Dial H for Heroes. On any given day she would be limited to mimic animals with 3-4 characters in the alphabet- Monday animals within ABC, Tuesday animals within DEF etc...

Vixen! And not those 5-minute episodes, either. A 30-minute per episode animated series.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Cyborg. he can deal with the internet of all things like smart phones, smart houses, smart cars etc..

Vixen. I would pair her with fantastical creatures with powers like a animated talking Tiger, birds and other animals on a cocoa chocolate producing farm in Ghana. She's kind of too powerful so I would limit her abilities with a dial phone similar to Dial H for Heroes. On any given day she would be limited to mimic animals with 3-4 characters in the alphabet- Monday animals within ABC, Tuesday animals within DEF etc...
    Why would she be in Ghana? She's from Zambesi. That would be like having Black Panther having adventures in Kenya instead of Wakanda. Plus I don't think she's too powerful that her powers need to be dialed back and restricted, because Superman still gets to have his powerset in his animated series. There are a LOT of DC characters that are more powerful than Vixen, like Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, The Spectre, etc., but I don't see anyone trying to restrict them or dial their powers/power levels back.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-22-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Aquaman and Mera - Its high time they do get one - and its should include their supporting cast From Jackson, Andy, Tula, Vulko
    Please don't say they are getting one, that mini series aimed at toddlers.

Flash. Makes no difference to me if it's Barry, Wally or both. Throw in Jay and Bart as recurring characters, hell you can have Max Mercury there in some capacity too, the possibilities are endless. It's just baffling to me how they've done two live-action Flash shows but never a cartoon, especially after the character has worked so well in animation before.

Wonder Woman's already been mentioned, so I'll say Hawkman. He has it all: diversity, strong female lead, decent Rogues Gallery. And he can shine in literally any genre: fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, adventure, romance...It's really a goldmine of a franchise without the continuity mess from the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Aquaman and Mera - Its high time they do get one - and its should include their supporting cast From Jackson, Andy, Tula, Vulko
    Please don't say they are getting one, that mini series aimed at toddlers.
    Yeah I saw the art style and it looked like a worse version of Steven Universe.

Super Sons was like...tailor made for some kind of animated series.

Aside from that....

- A Shazam show would be pretty cool. Kinda surprised we haven't gotten that yet.

- If Young Justice didn't make it kind of redundant, I'd say we're due for another good Titans cartoon. I would have actually loved to have seen a show for the animated movie team.

- Flash is another one I can't believe we haven't gotten yet. I'd prefer one for Wally but I'd accept Barry too.

Wonder Woman is long overdue for her own cartoon. Shazam would also be a great pick since I always loved kid superhero shoes growing up like Ben 10 or Powerpuff Girls.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-23-2021 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-23-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wonder Woman's already been mentioned, so I'll say Hawkman. He has it all: diversity, strong female lead, decent Rogues Gallery. And he can shine in literally any genre: fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, adventure, romance...It's really a goldmine of a franchise without the continuity mess from the comics.
    I can't think of a better one than Hawkman. It's Indiana Jones/Conan but with the potential of going into space!

After that, I would like to see a Adam Strange animated series too, something close to Rick and Morty in terms of crazy sci-fi **** happening.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I would love every character to get a cartoon , but I would certainly enjoy greatly a Metel Men animated program.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?