Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My Top (3) Three choices would be...

1. The Power of SHAZAM!

2. The SuperBuddies

3. Billy Batson & the Magic of SHAZAM!

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Wonder Woman and Flash are obvious choices. I still can’t believe how DC completely wasted Diana’s first movie’s success and Barry’s TV success (back when the show was good) by not giving them anything animated. Hopefully both will get a cartoon series soon.

I’d like a new GL series that stars the core four of Hal, John, Kyle, and Guy as a team with an eye towards building up to Sinestro Corps War.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Definitely, a SHAZAM! cartoon, preferably in the style of BATMAN: THE BRAVE ANF THE BOLD...

Hey, does anyone know how a cartoon pitch is good enough to be made or rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Hey, does anyone know how a cartoon pitch is good enough to be made or rejected?
    The suits at WB decide what’s good enough to get made or not. As you can imagine, that hasn’t been very good for lesser known characters being able to get a chance, hence why only Batman got new cartoons for around 20 years (aside from GLTAS).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The suits at WB decide what’s good enough to get made or not. As you can imagine, that hasn’t been very good for lesser known characters being able to get a chance, hence why only Batman got new cartoons for around 20 years (aside from GLTAS).
    And usually the movie tie-ins have been either the DC Animated Features or the Lego movies, which are probably easier to workaround then a full animated series production that may or may not be treated well by Cartoon Network.

(The latest shows at least have HBOMax backup).

Wonder.
    Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And usually the movie tie-ins have been either the DC Animated Features or the Lego movies, which are probably easier to workaround then a full animated series production that may or may not be treated well by Cartoon Network.

(The latest shows at least have HBOMax backup).
    Speaking of CN, did the idiots who hated action cartoons and dicked over the previous DC cartoons get laid off or are they still there? Can’t believe how spiteful they were about anything DC that wasn’t TTG!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of CN, did the idiots who hated action cartoons and dicked over the previous DC cartoons get laid off or are they still there? Can’t believe how spiteful they were about anything DC that wasn’t TTG!
    I have to imagine there's been some kind of change in perspective because I don't see them commissioning Batman or Superman cartoons like these otherwise.

I mean, okay, the Superman cartoon seems slightly less conventional than the Batman one but the actual Superheroics sound like they'll be up to what people expect.

Although I wonder if they'll both be 22-minute shows.

Wonder Woman

SHAZAM

Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld

Metal Men

Birds of Prey

Plastic Man would be fun, but if you’re looking for a more serious plot driven show I think Firestorm would be cool. Think about the story capability of a character that has to be made up of two individuals and how that will work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Obviously WW is #1 for me.

Characters that have had an animated series before she has which is WOW:
    Batman
    Superman
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    Legion of Superheroes
    Swamp Thing
    Static Shock
    Krypto the dog
    Green Lantern
    Harley Quinn
    Vixen (iffy on even counting this as the episodes were short as hell but...)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman first and foremost. The fact that a first season hasn't at least been attempted to see how it does is shameful.

Also Flash, Marvel Family, Aquaman (better than what he looks to be getting) another Legion of Superheroes cartoon, another Titans cartoon that balances being more faithful to the comics and being contemporary/kid friendly, or just any of the fringe characters and titles that could allow for cartoon creators to go nuts.

I'd like to see a Booster and Beetle Blue and Gold cartoon with a bit of an adult slant. A couple of buddy superheroes who can do the job but don't always have the purest of instincts. Lots of grown-up jokes, kinda like what you'd imagine a Black Label Super Buddies to be.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Aquaman and Mera - Its high time they do get one - and its should include their supporting cast From Jackson, Andy, Tula, Vulko
    Please don't say they are getting one, that mini series aimed at toddlers.
    This! So much this.

Also:

Swamp Thing- I loved the 1991 series and consider it criminal that it only got five episodes. Yes I know it wasn't really true to the comics but this was one time that worked. A revival would be great, especially when you consider the show had both a black guy and a Native American in the cast. There's diversity points right there!

Legion of Superheroes- Again, the previous cartoon was awesome. A revival or a new version would be great (especially if it mostly followed the Giffen/Levitz era).