Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman is long overdue for a cartoon.

Maybe a cartoon about an original team that doesn't exist in the comics.

OP Question -

My Top Ten List (in no particular order)

Vixen
    Justice League Dark
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Zatanna
    Dr. Fate (various people could wear the helmet)
    Powergirl
    John Stewart
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
    Blue Beetle
    Bumblebee

Bonus (I thought of these two right after I made the initial list)

Steel
    Bronze Tiger
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-22-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Wonder Woman
    Justice Society
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wonder Woman
    Justice Society
    Damn, yeah, I forgot Wondy isn't getting a show. She needs and certainly deserves a show.

My top 2 choices already got cartoons, but they didn't last long:
    -- GREEN LANTERN: great show, deserved more seasons. Damn the toy sales.
    -- Legion of Super-Heroes: It was okay, but I wasn't crazy about the execution and relied too much on Superboy for me.

- NEW GODS series could be pretty epic if it were created to epic as opposed to the usual superhero fare.
    - Now that we're seeing more long-form storytelling in animation, I think Robinson's Starman would be great.

Astonishing Member

Something that can last long.

Wonder Woman
    Batwoman and Flamebird
    Flash
    Secret Six
    Birds of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Wonder Woman
    Batwoman and Flamebird
    Flash
    Secret Six
    Birds of Prey
    Another fine choice.

Wonder Woman

Vixen

Zatanna

Hawkman & Hawkgirl

Aquaman and Mera

Black Canary

Birds of Prey

Green Arrow

Justice Society of America

Green Lantern (John Stewart)

Flash (Wally West)

Dr Fate (Kent Nelson)

Hawkman (Carter Hall)

Madame Xanadu and Phantom Stranger

Nightshade (Eve Eden)
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-22-2021 at 11:28 PM.

As has been said, many times, Wonder Woman is overdue (and then some) for her own animated series. Something in the style of Legend of Korra would be right up he alley.

Super Sons was tailor made to be animated, and its a real head scratcher that the suits at WB haven't done anything with it.

Shazam is a great one too, exploring the wonder of a group of foster siblings suddenly gaining super powers.

Flash... I know a lot of people want one of them to get one, but having a series that's getting close to being a decade old on television right now, I'd at least wait until that's over with.

The Robins: a series featuring the various former and current Robins, how they interact with one another, their differences, etc. And, I guess, Batman would be a featured character.

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Multiverse shenanigans.

Maybe it would be too close to Batman for some, but a Robin series feels like it would be an obvious hit.

When you look at what the most popular animated properties are right now you see a very common theme. They are about a young, usually teenage, hero that is at the beginning of their hero's journey and over the course of the series you see them grow and develop with all the challenges that comes with that. From Avatar, the current Invincible series that is popular, the young adult novel series, and obviously the countless number of anime/manga related properties that follow this exact setup. People enjoy this type of series. Even the Batman Beyond series was basically like this. Robin is the most well known teenage superhero in the world and it is basically set up to be a shounen-like action animated series. Where you start with him and Batman and slowly expand his circle of influence to include other Gotham characters to even the Titans.

But I get WB/DC's thought process. To them they would rather just invest in another Batman project than a Robin one even though I think Robin works better as the focus in this kind of series. Since most people don't really want Bruce's Batman to be a teen and prefer him as a capable adult already in his adaptations.

I agree, Flash should've gotten a cartoon a long time ago. He's got a great rouges gallery and supporting cast. It's a crime this has never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Justice Society
    That would be interesting. Especially to introduce younger viewers to the team and their history.

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman.

Seriously, I'm so ready to type WWTAS but, alas, as much as DC hypes this Trinity farce, she was the only one conspicuously absent from the recent announcement of new Bats and Supes animated series.

Birds of Prey!

Another one that could be great. Start with the classic Dixon set up and work their way up to Simone's stuff. So just Dinah and Babs to start, maybe alluding to Babs and Power Girl's beef.

Vixen

Supermodel extraordinaire walking all the runways at night and proudly saving the day! Filled with weird animal and sci-fi stuff, glamor, Afrofuturism, mysticism, flings with international hotties from all over, and establishing a robust rogue's gallery that seeks to end Mari McCabe's bloodline descended from Anansi. Introduce the Global Guardians in later seasons.

Dial H for Superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Wonder Woman.

Seriously, I'm so ready to type WWTAS but, alas, as much as DC hypes this Trinity farce, she was the only one conspicuously absent from the recent announcement of new Bats and Supes animated series.

Birds of Prey!

Another one that could be great. Start with the classic Dixon set up and work their way up to Simone's stuff. So just Dinah and Babs to start, maybe alluding to Babs and Power Girl's beef.

Vixen

Supermodel extraordinaire walking all the runways at night and proudly saving the day! Filled with weird animal and sci-fi stuff, glamor, Afrofuturism, mysticism, flings with international hotties from all over, and establishing a robust rogue's gallery that seeks to end Mari McCabe's bloodline descended from Anansi. Introduce the Global Guardians in later seasons.

Dial H for Superhero
    Dial H for Superhero would be seen as a Ben 10 ripoff.